• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 13th WB Tourney 3. WHERE WE HELD GRAND FINALS FROM A ****IN CAR

Demp

Smash Journeyman
Good ****. It was my first Brawl tournament and I definitely look forward to coming to more. The Grand Finals was epic, everyone at the tourney was cool (the friendliest gaming community I have witnessed), and the hot dogs were $1.

Real men Brawl on the streets.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
If you played at the corner TV next to the TO desk, that's the TV that SCOTU was recording.

Saltix

Smash Lord
Boo. My trip got postponed and i didn't make it in until 5am :/
I wanted to play against the MI smash scene =[

JustKindaBoredUKno

Smash Lord
we didnt :( the tourney ended at 1 AM so if we had done it who knows how much later we would have stayed
and that was still without pools

honestly, i think any tourney not runned by vayseth should put way more priority into running singles. Its always singles that get screwed up, and IMHO, its singles that is more important.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Oh, by the way, I expect whoever the TO is to tell me which TV and Wii is going to be around the whole time. Seriously, I had to switch which TV I was recording like three different times because people would take their Wii, disconnect my recording equipment, and leave, and 30 minutes later I notice that I've been recording nothing the whole time.
If the small TV on the center table was one of them, it was probably mine and I am really sorry for that. I didn't realize it was being recorded until I went to take it down around 10:45. It was just being used for friendlies at that point anyway, but I'm still sorry for putting you through the hassle. :(

SCOTU

Smash Hero
you guys should serriously consider running pools for singles next time you need to speed things up. Seriously, pools can cut down on the time dramatically, and give you a very accurate bracket.

Mikey Lenetia

Smash Champion
NNID
MikeyLenetia
Goodness... I woke up, and my body is STILL tired from all the stuff that happened with Melee and Brawl yesterday. I'll have to do shoutouts and things like that when I get the chance. I had a looooot of fun, though!

Though I'll probably wait on shoutouts until the results page is posted.

Arc_Revived

Smash Journeyman
Arc here!

Thanks for a great first tourney. It was a lot of fun and everyone was real welcoming and helpful. When will the full placings be up? Expect seeing me at future tourneys. My Pit will be better next time, I promise!

Gates

Banned via Warnings
Arc, those were some **** close matches we had, man. Good ****, I'd really like to play you again sometime b/c I've played like 0 decent Pit players before lol. Also, I actually thought your tag was a pun on you being a Pit user ("Arc" angel GET IT LOLOLOLOL) so that's why I asked lol.

I'll do the rest of my shoutouts now too, I guess:

Sauce Boss - Thanks a lot for teaming with me man. I'm glad we did as well as we did and we lost to legit people and not random scrubs, so that's fine with me. I really should've gone Dedede in the second match against Panda and Ankoku though. Then again Ankoku was playing Marth and I always lose to them so idk lol.
Dogma - Thanks for basically teaching me how to chaingrab in friendlies lol. I've been a Dedede main for like 10 months now and I never learned how to consistently cg Marth, how sad is that? lol
Ankoku - Sorry I ****ed up your capture equipment. I'll be sure to ask whose it is next time. ggs in teams too.
Panda - ggs in teams and lol at you not recognizing me with my glasses on. Are you related to Louis Lane by any chance? jk lulz and looking forward to that commentary too.
Everyone else I played in tourney (Viper & Mann and 2 players I can't remember in doubles, a Lucario whose name I can't remember in singles) - ggs guys, hope to see you again soon.
Everyone I played in friendlies (too many to remember lol) - Good **** to all of you.
Ori, Ham, Vayseth, parents who were helping, and just everyone else who helped run the tourney - Fantastic job. I know I said this already but it bears repeating because this was just that **** awesome. We gotta have some more like this.

I also have some slops to give out:

Hot_ArmS - If you were serious about the MM you should've come.
Whoever left their food by my Wii all day - Like seriously, what the hell? Either eat it or throw it out.
Whoever kept tripping over the power cord during doubles finals - If this **** keeps happening we may need to tape it to the floor next time.
Gates - For being an emo scrub and not sticking around to see the GFs. In my defense, my mom did call me at about 10:30 and told me to get my *** back home and I was borrowing her car so I had to listen to her No Johns, Gates, you suck.

Vayseth

Smash Master
C'mon Ori! Results thread plzzz.

And Mikey I second that. I slept from like 2 am until 5 pm and I'm STILL completely drained. If my brother didn't wake me up I'd likely still be out XD

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Awesome tourney. Great job setting things up Ham, and good **** Ori for ditching that baseball game, haha.

@ junglefever:
if you're talking about the SCOTU vs top drivers crew battle, I got three of the four matches recorded, one missing because the power went out and messed up my recording device.

Shoutouts maybe.. later.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
juggle im talking about Dynasty vs Top Drivers.

which has already been stated to not have been recorded.

doomfact0r

Smash Rookie
Another awesome tourney, organizers did a good job. That room could use a lil more ventilation lol but I had a great time

Any word on when the next one might be, or is it too early to say?

DerkTheJerk

Smash Journeyman
even though I got eliminated in brawl doubles I still had fun

after i was eliminated i just chain grabbed random people with the ice climbers.

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Ok guys i am about to upload the tio files on AiB ill make a results thread within the hour. So any mod please lock this thread when i have the results thread up

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
This is Buttersworth [Matt Valassis] posting on Ori's account. Yeah my car was used. And YES... this is Michigan, where cars are the best place for venues and Grand finals! =]

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
Sorry for double post but yeah anyone who has pictures of Grand Finals post them in the results thread when i make it

Top Bottom