• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 13th WB Tourney 3. WHERE WE HELD GRAND FINALS FROM A ****IN CAR

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
The real way to decide who is better with any character is to have a metaknight ditto. It covers everything.
lolagreed

Lol at that Ditto picture XD

SP I really hope you can make it :) And I hope you can bring TvC (if we need more).

Ori_bro

ignite the fire
I might go to this and then EVO the next day, depending on if I can find a ride who wants to go to EVO on Saturday night (its only like 3-4 hours away) after this tourney.
yes Panda u must come i wont be the same. if u dont come we might need to put Lain on the mic

jk <3 u lain but yeah panda u better come

SCOTU

Smash Hero
hey will there be commentary for melee too?
that's contingent on the guy w/ the Mic (juggleguy), and then you'd need someone to actually comentate, which I know Panda doesn't want to do (even if he did, he'd only be marginally qualified anyways), I'm probably not up for it, since while Melee's going on, Brawl Doubs is going, which I'm also doing, Same situation for Bowyer. Unless I'm missing something, we're just better off getting commentary on brawl doubles.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I'd love to run Melee commentary, but switching around the splitters + recording device from TV to TV would probably be a pain in the ***... we'll see

/~Dogma~\

Smash Lord
WOW
jcav is tellin me lain and bowyer are sittin there saying they are the best marf in MI................but they were joking

i was gona say......................................

lain

Smash Master
WOW
jcav is tellin me lain and bowyer are sittin there saying they are the best marf in MI................but they were joking

i was gona say......................................
What? I actually do have the best Marth in the MW.

;]

What's this EVO talk? I thought EVO was in Las Vegas or something.

What's The Point

Smash Master
EVO North, or Midwest Championship (MWC) as it was formerly/alternatively called.

Brawl is running Sunday, June 14th.

Panda, I might want to go, but no decision yet.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
I just realized something: How come everyone (not What's The Point) Is in Ann Arbor, U of M?
Do Spartans just not play brawl? (bad grammar, who cares?)
A large part of it is that when MI had a dwindling smash scene, and no regular tournaments, A group of us at UofM started hosting biweekly tournaments that gave the state a center to focus on. Because of that, and some extra lucky placings of people when brawl came out, gave Ann Arbor pretty much exclusive control of the state. Since all these people came here to smash (and there was a reasonable size group to start with in the competitive scene) Ann Arbor got the best the fastest.

Don't worry, there are plenty of other factors, but that's a brief history of MI smash in a nutshell and why your city sucks, and ours is awesome. Basically, we did it right, you didn't, and we're more important now and can no longer do it right.

Tennet

Smash Champion
is it just me or all the hot chicks i meet are state fans... >.>

UofM is way sweeter anyways =P

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I once saw a joke comparing Big Ten schools to countries. It was great. I'll dig it up later.

EDIT: **** I can't find it. I remember that U of M was Germany and Ohio State was France though.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I once saw a joke comparing Big Ten schools to countries. It was great. I'll dig it up later.

EDIT: **** I can't find it. I remember that U of M was Germany and Ohio State was France though.
I'm not making the connection... :\

Gates

Banned via Warnings
I'm not making the connection... :\
U of M = GERMANY: The first to mention when they came from but don't like mentioning recent history.

OHIO STATE = FRANCE: Arrogant elitist douchebags who get beat by Germany frequently.

Yeah, it was a football joke lol.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
it actually doesn't like up too poorly, since France beat us the last couple times, despite being the clearly weaker country overall.

Top Bottom