• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

June 13th WB Tourney 3. WHERE WE HELD GRAND FINALS FROM A ****IN CAR

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I just realized something: How come everyone (not What's The Point) Is in Ann Arbor, U of M?
Do Spartans just not play brawl? (bad grammar, who cares?)
Lol... yeah and that's a major reason why I'm probably going to UM instead of MSU :D Thanks to whomever set up the smash scene and/or organized tournaments in Ann Arbour!

Hmm I remember I played WTP. When I played him, I asked him if it stood for : Where's the Pie. He said good guess XD. I need to try to remember the people I play lol.

Hey Lain, actually I remember there was another Marth who was pretty good, I forgot to ask his username, but he pretty much pwned me, and it probably wasn't his best... I remember he was really tall and he was black. I mean really tall XD. Short hair. That's all I really remember XD. He didn't play White Marth I'm pretty sure, it was either normal Blue Marth or Black Marth... or may be a different color. Anyone know who this might be?

Tennet you going to UM?

Dang I can't wait til I go to UM, tournies woot! BIWEEKLY = SECKZ0RZ!

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
lol im not the only one that had smash as a (tiny)factor for choosing UM

not that it wouldve made a diff anyway

UM>state fo sho

Tennet

Smash Champion
are you thinking of OmegaXF?

I'm going to LTU probably but might be going to a CC first

SCOTU

Smash Hero
lol you guys putting smash as a priority for choosing a university probably won't end up graduating from said universities.

Thanks to whomever set up the smash scene and/or organized tournaments in Ann Arbour!
you're welcome. That'd be Ankoku, Bowyer, and I, with additional brawl expansionary support from Vayseth and Panda.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
well, if anyone reliable is living in Bursley next year, I'd heavily consider running UMBs there if that's what the community wants.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
yeah I meant next year as in this upcoming school year.

So new people are gonna be harms, sauce boss, and junglefever.

Anyone else?

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Oh..I'm not going to be GOING to U of M. I'll just be in the state this year as opposed to florida last year (money johns)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
So the tally's at Harms, Sauce, JuggleGuy, MarkLoo (who's never gonna have time to play), Kagu, Ikkitrix

Me, Bowyer. Me.
haha, sorry, I thought you already went here XD

MarkLoo said:
i'm doing honors lsa next year. i think i'm rooming in south quad?
What are you going to major?? If it's honors math, I would advise against taking the 295,296,395,396 path unless you've had a lot of theoretical math in HS.

Also, Great Books is gonna ****ing suck for you.

Ham Enterprises

Smash Journeyman
well, if anyone reliable is living in Bursley next year, I'd heavily consider running UMBs there if that's what the community wants.
What do you think the chance for UMB's would be for over here, I don't think they would be to goo though because of the drive.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I think the chances of a University of Michigan Biweekly happening somewhere that isn't the University of Michigan borders somewhere around zero.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
haven't decided on a major yet.
can you elaborate on the "295,296,395,396 path"?
also i always make time for smash.
Students planing on majoring in honors mathematics can choose to take math 295 and 296 freshmen year, then math 395 and 396 sophomore year, and then they would go on to take their specific concentration courses from there. Math 295 covers Precalc through Calc 3. It's theoretical based (meaning all of the homework and exam questions are going to be math proofs). Math 296 is theoretical linear algebra. I'm not sure what 395 and 396 are.

I took 295 and 296 my freshmen year. It's really ****ing hard if you haven't been taught how to do proofs yet. (I struggled because I couldn't figure out how to write proofs right. Eventually I got it, but it took a long *** time and I really didn't understand much from 296). But if you can do proofs already then I don't think the class would be that bad. Basically half the class got 100%'s on like everything and the other half generally got under 50%. But the prof I had passed everyone because the class was really hard and he didn't want to punish people for not being able to grasp the material.

Honestly, I think Math 295 is probably the hardest course that a freshmen would be capable of getting into.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
But the prof I had passed everyone because the class was really hard and he didn't want to punish people for not being able to grasp the material.
This sounds like all the pure honors math courses at UofM, actually.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
also, how do you do math proofs lol i know how to do geometry but not math
lol, what kind of a question is that? Am I supposed to just go through step by step all the different ways you could possible do a math proof? lol. If you're curious then look it up online. There's a ton of **** out there.

Tennet

Smash Champion
I used to want to go to UofM, then I found LTU. i still have another year of HS though...

Top Bottom