• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
GO CANUCKS GO!!!
Louie got dat shutout, Nucks got this.

so if I was allowed to drive to GC (which I'm not yet) who would come?

Qualifications: pay for some gas
Depending on how this one goes and when GC is I might be down. Might.

My method: PLAY SMASH 64. Best way to learn smash DI.

The other method: PLAY MELEE AND YOU'LL WIN AT EVERYTHING FOREVER!!! You'll even win at _BRAWL!!!!!_
SO TRUE.

-I'll be bringing cinnamon rolls probably, or cupcake versions of my pillsbury bakeoff dessert
You better bring lots cause I like to be super fat about that ****.

And does anyone wanna meet up on the way or something? I know the area but I have no idea where this thing actually is.

inb4itwouldbeawkward.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Louie got dat shutout, Nucks got this.

SO TRUE.

And does anyone wanna meet up on the way or something? I know the area but I have no idea where this thing actually is.

inb4itwouldbeawkward.
where do you live???

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
For JJ's records since this thread moves fast:

-Sinister is confirmed
-Kelsey (one of user's clandastine's friends) is confirmed
-I'll be bringing cinnamon rolls probably, or cupcake versions of my pillsbury bakeoff dessert
-Take Mike Shum off the list
-Crisis is unconfirmed again (SHOULD BE CONFIRMED THOUGH, BRO)
-Foo is confirmed now
Thanks. I like how as soon as I become completely unavailable for a couple days, this fills up with stuff that I should be addressing right away. Sorry about that, guys. D=

Harris, the poster looks good, but at this point, it's too short notice for this tournament. If you re-submit it for any future tournaments though, we'll probably accept it (assuming we don't get any other submissions. =P

I will update the schedule now. We will have doubles at 11:00, as usual. Hopefully there wasn't too much that I missed...

:005:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero

The GC tournaments are usually the first weekend of every month.

QFT. I ate 4-5 cinnamon rolls last time...they were delicious.

inb4itwouldbeawkward.

Are you taking transit? There will probably be meeting up at the Coquitlam bus loop, maybe earlier. I'd be among them if I didn't have to show up late this time. :x
Hi!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Coquitlam bus loop would be easy, or anywhere in that area since I'm one bus away. What time do most of you show up?

And i'll have to see what i'm doing, not sure if i'll be able to make GC or not.

Thanks for filling me in Firefly, what up what up!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, from Coquitlam station, there's a single bus (C38) that takes you within a block from the venue (get off @ Coast Meridian Road). The C37 also takes you there, but not from Coquitlam station. In the past, we've met up at 9:30 to catch the 9:36 bus to arrive at the venue right at 10:00.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
where do you live???
PoMo.

Yeah, from Coquitlam station, there's a single bus (C38) that takes you within a block from the venue (get off @ Coast Meridian Road). The C37 also takes you there, but not from Coquitlam station. In the past, we've met up at 9:30 to catch the 9:36 bus to arrive at the venue right at 10:00.
K sick, sounds easy enough. Don't know if i'm just doubting myself, but idk if I could be there that long. I don't think I could handle an entire day of Brawl, LOL. I might just get there late, depends on who's all meeting up and ****.

Edit- Forgot to mention, sounds kinda homo but could anyone record my matches during Singles?

Captain L

Smash Champion
Not homo at all, Asa is the main guy who uploads replays so you can probably put any from the tournament on his SD card. And we'll also have a livestream set up so those ones should end up recorded for sure.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Speaking of recordings. I realized I have two matches recorded. A diddy ditto on frigate, and Jake v.s. Tornado spamming red mk on RC.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Someone tell Asa to check his inbox! xP
Are you guys really thinking of coming? =o

Speaking of recordings. I realized I have two matches recorded. A diddy ditto on frigate, and Jake v.s. Tornado spamming red mk on RC.
Did the MK lose his second stock in a really strange, illogical way? If so, that was game 2 of my set with Deap. I know that set was played on your Wii, and I'm pretty sure we saved it because of what happened. :x

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sorry to hear that, Rob. =[ I guess I'll see you in September then...

Also Max, I believe Asa is on his flight now/soon, so he may not be able to answer right away. Is it something somebody else could help with?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
The more I hear about this the more I get hyped. How much do GCCs go for? I definatley need another one maybe two depending on costs.

And the livestream sounds dope!

Speaking of Wiis though, AiB tourney page told me they need alot, should I bring mine?

I might bring my N64 Controller too if there's Smash64, haven't played that **** in YEARS.

Also Bloo Yoshi you should totally be a badass and come anyways.:troll:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I believe the GC controllers were around $20-$25 each.

If you can bring your Wii, it would be very much appreciated. =] We have TVs covered, but we're relying on the attendees to supply the consoles, and every little bit helps.

Blue Yoshi is the guy who normally brings his N64, so there probably won't be one this time, unless Captain L decides to bring his.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I believe the GC controllers were around $20-$25 each.

If you can bring your Wii, it would be very much appreciated. =] We have TVs covered, but we're relying on the attendees to supply the consoles, and every little bit helps.

Blue Yoshi is the guy who normally brings his N64, so there probably won't be one this time, unless Captain L decides to bring his.

Little more expensive than I was hoping, guess I'll have to play some nubs in some MMs or something. :d.

I'll bring my Wii for sure then. I can bring an N64 if people really want Smash64, but I don't have the game. Only the console.

breez

Smash Ace
so sad and disappointed to come to this

unconfirmed
Why?

I'm stoked on sinister - should I bring extra marijuana? :D

edit: I'm going to ruin it for everyone now. Jakes metaknight is actually freakin' legit. Wait till he gets a little matchup experience and says goodbye to yoshi forevers :p

Asa

Smash Hero
K sick, sounds easy enough. Don't know if i'm just doubting myself, but idk if I could be there that long. I don't think I could handle an entire day of Brawl, LOL. I might just get there late, depends on who's all meeting up and ****.

Edit- Forgot to mention, sounds kinda homo but could anyone record my matches during Singles?
If you like smash, especially when you're fuelled with Asa's baked goods, you can last all day. Trust me lol. Also, me, bundtcake, cheeszeman, deap, foo, and a couple others will be travelling together. You could meet up with us, or you could just meet with firefly at coquitlam central station at 9:30 am. (be there a little early if you can). :)

lolllll not homo at all dude! I'd be more than happy to record your ****.

Someone tell Asa to check his inbox! xP
k.

Asa check your inbox
k.

Soooo hypeeee
^

Asa, you should like, learn how to make the livestream non-laggy. I can teach you.
You should :D You could probably help run the stream as well XD

I am not coming. I won't even bother to try anymore.

I'll maybe see you guys at the SFU tournament (all the smash games) later this month...
Thanks for trying robert! :)

Also Max, I believe Asa is on his flight now/soon, so he may not be able to answer right away.

Thank you JJ for clarifying :D

so sad and disappointed to come to this

unconfirmed
you're bad at trolling, deap

Deap's bad at trolling, ben lol

Do you think he'd give up the chance to mm this many ppl?

Kantrip

Kantplay
I can't make it, I'm too busy reading the troll messages that say other people can't make it.

I would also like to have a few matches recorded. (But maybe not the majority of them where I will make a nubby mistake)

Asa

Smash Hero
um the full name (asadelta) is pronounced (A$$-a delta)

the shortened version (asa) can be pronounced (a$$-a) or (as-a). just not (ace-a) lol.

Max113

Smash Apprentice
Grrr, I really wanna come to this, but it might not be the best time for the Islanders come. :/

Asa

Smash Hero
just come then lol

this tournament is the biggest we've had in a while
you guys haven't come to a tourney on the mainland for some time
i'm only here for the weekend ):

c'mon out!

Max113

Smash Apprentice
just come then lol

this tournament is the biggest we've had in a while
you guys haven't come to a tourney on the mainland for some time