• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Crisis

Smash Ace
I know most falco tricks!! I just can't use this them effectively or consistently! and I sd a lot!
i bdacus 1/8 the time i input it though!

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
So, here's a roster update from my group ...

UserClandestine
00Large
WetCat
The Phildo
Kelsey

No word on if a satellite group (through Kelsey) will make it or not, but I've asked for info and I'll post it here when I get it.

Also, if we wanted to bring friends to the tourney, are they exempt from the $5 venue fee, or does that apply to everyone attending the event (regardless if they're playing or not).

CREW battle ???/

me vs ur friends

Deapers :cool:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
User,

BC isn't really strict on the venue fee thing, for a couple reasons
1. we usually don't care
2. the venue is a public place anyway so it's hard to enforce

so i don't think spectators would have to pay

who do your friends main?

so venue fee for spectators??

ok, im gonna be spectator now :awesome:

Asa

Smash Hero
I do enjoy canoes.
good goooooooood *wrings hands*

I know most falco tricks!! I just can't use this them effectively or consistently! and I sd a lot!
so you're coming? O: i'll give you a lei if you do

CREW battle ???/

me vs ur friends

Deapers :cool:
They already stated that they didn't want to mm lol leave it alone

so venue fee for spectators??

ok, im gonna be spectator now :awesome:
if you are a spectator you can't enter the tournament

Also no venue fee if you win the poster contest.
So...

I won right?
Ppl may not take that poster seriously. Could you take out the "Oh, Jake" and trollface out? Also, the link to this actual thread should be included, instead of a general smashboards.com

Also the poster should be made well ahead of schedule to give enough time to print out and distribute, but i guess jake has the final word, i'm just musing.

I know you're probably joking but just in case you wanted to make one for next time, you seem good at photoshop :)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
i can help you with falco, user :)
I can also help you with Falco, user :)

Thank god, no new olimars.
But... I play Olimar...:urg:

yayyyy new people <3

OLIMAR
yo, you're my best friend now
i'll show you how to oli :)
But... I thought I was your best friend... :urg:

I can bdacus 1/1 the time!!!

I think I'll stop me overexagerating the fact that I use everyone perfectly and flawlessly... jk lol

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I have yet to use Olimar in a tournament at all yet... in fact, I don't think I've ever used him at all on the mainland... not even through random. So that said, as far as tournaments go, I'm still a new Olimar. The only two characters that I have used in bracket thus far is GaW and Diddy (Diddy against Clouderz's MK (nearly won that, but won the set anyways), Jake (Diddy dittos too good), and Feint (thinking about it, we should have a Diddy only side event)).

So... I am still a new everything... except for GaW and Diddy :p

UserClandestine

Smash Rookie
What ARE the official start times for each tourney?
The poster above has times listed different than the times listed in the tourney details... and I recall some people talking about starting the doubles tourney early...

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
What up what up, kind of wanna hit up my first tourney but how long do these things usually run? I'd only be down for Singles, but i got a party to crash later that night and idk what the **** i'd say if i came late. lol.

Ex.
Buddy: Hey bro! Why you late?
Sinister: Playin video games man.
Buddy: ...

Also, it might be hella awkward going by myself.

KillLock

Smash Lord
What up what up, kind of wanna hit up my first tourney but how long do these things usually run? I'd only be down for Singles, but i got a party to crash later that night and idk what the **** i'd say if i came late. lol.

Ex.

Just say something came up and don't go into detail.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
What BC has like a few tournaments with low attendance, and then God says, "LET THERE BE NEW GUYS!" And you get like 30? ****.

Asa

Smash Hero
maybe!
cedrickkkkkk plz come <3 i'd like to see you again (:

Quoted for truth.

Not sure yet, still need to hear from my D&D group :/
feint >-> you better come lol

What ARE the official start times for each tourney?
The poster above has times listed different than the times listed in the tourney details... and I recall some people talking about starting the doubles tourney early...
These are the times, unless stated otherwise:
10am - venue opens, venue fees and doubles fees are taken.
11am - doubles bracket starts.
1pm-ish - singles registration fees are taken.
2pm - singles brackets starts

tourney will finish usually around 7-8pm. then we just have a smashfest

Ex.

Hey sinister! good to see you (: They'll last as long as you want to stay. I suggest staying from 11-whenever you're done with singles :D. And dudeeee it's totally not awkward :D BC is one big happy family, and you're part of it~ We're all connected by smash, so you don't even really need to talk if you don't want to lol. just ask for smash. and if you don't wanna do that i'll approach you

UserClandestine

Smash Rookie
cedrickkkkkk plz come <3 i'd like to see you again (:

These are the times, unless stated otherwise:
10am - venue opens, venue fees and doubles fees are taken.
11am - doubles bracket starts.
1pm-ish - singles registration fees are taken.
2pm - singles brackets starts

tourney will finish usually around 7-8pm. then we just have a smashfest
OK, but these times are different than the ones listed in the tourney details.
So as per your statement (aka: "unless stated otherwise"), the tourney start times will be 1PM and 4PM ...
Can we get Firefly to change the posted start times?

Asa

Smash Hero
he had changed the times expecting a lower turnout, but since the tourney may be larger than expected he's keeping the normal times.

be there at 10 XD

i'll try to get a hold of him

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Hey sinister! good to see you (: They'll last as long as you want to stay. I suggest staying from 11-whenever you're done with singles :D. And dudeeee it's totally not awkward :D BC is one big happy family, and you're part of it~ We're all connected by smash, so you don't even really need to talk if you don't want to lol. just ask for smash. and if you don't wanna do that i'll approach you
I feel welcome already, haha. Just new to the scene and everything, not sure what to expect :d. I'm actually thinking I might go, sounds like a good time.

also killock too good
Also yes.

Asa

Smash Hero
yeah i'm 100% sure you'll have a blast <3

I'll probably be bringing baked goods as per usual

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Rule to everyone who is attending this tournament:

YOU ALL MUST ATTEND THE NEXT ONE!!!

Please, for the love of all that is pink and sparkly, don't let there all of a sudden be a 50 man tournament on the one time I can't show up, and then have nothing but 15 man tournaments otherwise.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
If there was any hope of me getting it off, it is probably now gone, since I called in sick yesterday. And there is no way I will call in sick just to come to Vancouver (in fact, if I do call in sick that day, I will go to work just to prove that I am in fact sick and not just leaving them). There is a very slight chance, but it's so minimal, even the Canucks winning a Stanley cup is more likely...

Basil

Smash Apprentice
basil: $10 mm?
No thanks.

If there was any hope of me getting it off, it is probably now gone, since I called in sick yesterday. And there is no way I will call in sick just to come to Vancouver (in fact, if I do call in sick that day, I will go to work just to prove that I am in fact sick and not just leaving them). There is a very slight chance, but it's so minimal, even the Canucks winning a Stanley cup is more likely...
Call in sick. This may be one of the few monthlies that is this big.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
yeah i'm 100% sure you'll have a blast <3

I'll probably be bringing baked goods as per usual
Omfg, now i have a real reason to go.

There is a very slight chance, but it's so minimal, even the Canucks winning a Stanley cup is more likely...
The Canucks are winning it this year.. Just sayin.

P.S. Do you get a chance to change your Controls? I hate tap jump. So much.

Top Bottom