• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Alright, the date it confirmed for the 16th. The venue will be open at 10 as usual, and everybody is welcome to come as early as they want to do friendlies, but we will not be taking any entry fees until 1:00. I may or may not be a little late, but if I don't show up at that time, it won't be much later than one. We will do doubles as quickly as possible, then probably a quick food break followed by singles pools and bracket.

I kind of updated the attendance list, but I didn't do a very thorough job of it. :x Even so, it's already looking pretty solid, thanks to UserClandestine. =]

:005:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
i'm probably coming for this tournament(confirm me )

CRISIS(ERIC)

CAN YOU GIVE A RIDE TO THE SKYTRAIN AFTER THE TOURNAMENT?????

its so easy to get lost in coquitlam to me :(

also jake, confirm my spanish friends

-David Villa
-Messi
-Carlos Puyol
-Xavi Alonzo
-Casillas
-Pique
-Sergio Ramos
- Iniesta
-Carlos Torres
-Xavi
-Chicharito
-Rafael Marquez

they are so technical like me ;)

PD: SION!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm still waiting for Doubles GF videos :)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
K, so we have already broken 25 entrants, and I haven't even confirmed half of the regulars. o.0 This is kinda hard to believe TBH, but I really hope it's legit. =]

Edit: Robert, if you can give me a 100% guarantee that you'll be at the tournament, and be there on time to run doubles, I will think about it. If attendance is really going to be this big, having doubles out of the way before I get there will take a lot of the stress of for singles. However, if we can get a mainlander who want to give running events a shot, I'd rather give them a chance so we can get a potential TO for the summer.

breez

Smash Ace
K, so we have already broken 25 entrants, and I haven't even confirmed half of the regulars. o.0 This is kinda hard to believe TBH, but I really hope it's legit. =]

Edit: Robert, if you can give me a 100% guarantee that you'll be at the tournament, and be there on time to run doubles, I will think about it. If attendance is really going to be this big, having doubles out of the way before I get there will take a lot of the stress of for singles. However, if we can get a mainlander who want to give running events a shot, I'd rather give them a chance so we can get a potential TO for the summer.

Wait - you won't be playing dubs for sure on the 16th?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I can be a permanent co-TO for the summer. I do know how to run tournaments properly, so I can do that, and a secondary host can exist in the case where I am unable to host.

I will book off the days tomorrow after work. Though that said, who can house us, and if possible, are the people housing us up for hanging out the entire Sunday or something? (not required, but makes it well worth the trip if you know what I mean...). We need to know if we need to book off Monday or not... so that's why I'm asking.

Anyways, See you guys soon-ish :p

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Just stick by me, and you'll never get lost. :cool:

Are all those people coming? This attendance list is swelling really fast. o.0 inb4lukeismadagain

Pretty sure deap is trolling you guys. Unless he has a bunch of friends that all have the same names as professional soccer players >_>.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Wait - you won't be playing dubs for sure on the 16th?
As I said, it depends on whether or not somebody else wants to host doubles before I get there.

I can be a permanent co-TO for the summer. I do know how to run tournaments properly, so I can do that, and a secondary host can exist in the case where I am unable to host.

I will book off the days tomorrow after work. Though that said, who can house us, and if possible, are the people housing us up for hanging out the entire Sunday or something? (not required, but makes it well worth the trip if you know what I mean...). We need to know if we need to book off Monday or not... so that's why I'm asking.

Anyways, See you guys soon-ish :p
For mainland tournaments? It wouldn't be too much of a hassle to travel all the way out here only to have to run everything? And what if you couldn't make it? :x

Pretty sure deap is trolling you guys. Unless he has a bunch of friends that all have the same names as professional soccer players >_>.
Awesome.

Crisis

Smash Ace
Don't you live in Vancouver deap? Wouldn't I just drop you off there?
Don't know if I have time to come to this one. I'll be unconfirmed.

Asa will house you blue yoshi. o_O

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
YEAH! COMING TO A VANCOUVER TOURNAMENT WHILE BEING HOUSED IN HAWAII!!!

Anyways... being serious... I got the Deap joke right off the bat... all the names looked too familiar... and too faimilar to Soccer (didn't know from which team specifically, but I knew that they all looked like professional soccer names). (edit... wait, by being serious, I talk about a joke?)

And Jake, I realized a huge flaw in my plan of being the regular TO. In Victoria, everyone knows how to read the brackets, so as soon as I create it, I literally let the tournament run itself (aside from the occasional "Stop playing blazblue and play your matches"). In Vancouver... seems like I'd have to call it out every 5 seconds... as well as have people talk to me in tourney matches non-stop... so... we'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind co-hosting/TOing tourneys though.

If a tourney ends up happening in Victoria, expect me to host it :p

Asa... if you really are housing us, would you be up for stuff on Sunday as well? Like... overnight Sunday/Monday? If you are, then we'll book Monday off of our works, and spend the extra day there. But... we'd have to know soon, otherwise, it would just be until Sunday. Either way works for us... though staying until Monday means more time actually hanging out :p

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'll ask Starwaffle about this as soon as I get the chance.
Excellent. =]

Alright, I will add you. lol @ Asa still being mentioned though. >.<

YEAH! COMING TO A VANCOUVER TOURNAMENT WHILE BEING HOUSED IN HAWAII!!!

Anyways... being serious... I got the Deap joke right off the bat... all the names looked too familiar... and too faimilar to Soccer (didn't know from which team specifically, but I knew that they all looked like professional soccer names). (edit... wait, by being serious, I talk about a joke?)

And Jake, I realized a huge flaw in my plan of being the regular TO. In Victoria, everyone knows how to read the brackets, so as soon as I create it, I literally let the tournament run itself (aside from the occasional "Stop playing blazblue and play your matches"). In Vancouver... seems like I'd have to call it out every 5 seconds... as well as have people talk to me in tourney matches non-stop... so... we'll see what happens. I wouldn't mind co-hosting/TOing tourneys though.

If a tourney ends up happening in Victoria, expect me to host it :p

Asa... if you really are housing us, would you be up for stuff on Sunday as well? Like... overnight Sunday/Monday? If you are, then we'll book Monday off of our works, and spend the extra day there. But... we'd have to know soon, otherwise, it would just be until Sunday. Either way works for us... though staying until Monday means more time actually hanging out :p
Stuff normally sorts itself out for the most part after the first few rounds; I just do a lot of checking to make sure the matches that the bracket are most dependent on are running. Some people here are more proactive about their matches than others. Either way though, I do have reservations about having our tournaments run by somebody who has to have housing just to host the tournament. I'm sure you're perfectly capable of TOing, but I want to have somebody here capable of carrying the slack while I'm gone. =]

And...Asa isn't really housing you. :x

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x

Yes, i live in vancouver

3341 49th avenue

which skytrain station is close to your house???

add me on facebook: Daniel Pantoja

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
But... but... what about us being housed in Hawaii... :(

And yeah, I know it would be better for a mainland TO. I said co-TO, since me being the only TO would not be the best plan, but I could help nonetheless :p

KillLock

Smash Lord
also my post was an april fools joke btw, however I really want to go down to BC again so it'll happen eventually when I get some money going

and sorry jake i would of totally been down for giving you that moral support but u got DISSS

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
but i'm not in hawaii :troll:

btw i think i'll actually come to this

but i get to enter for free
k

also my post was an april fools joke btw, however I really want to go down to BC again so it'll happen eventually when I get some money going

and sorry jake i would of totally been down for giving you that moral support but u got DISSS
Thanks for clearing that up. I think you got a couple people with that. =P This also reminds me, I need to start spreading the word about the next Phoenix tournament. :x

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Decided to stop being lazy and actually book the weekend off.

So now... the main question I have is housing... Asa, I'm planning on flying by plane to your place. However, is there an airport near where you live, or would I have to take a ferry?

Also, how early will we have to wake up to make it to the venue on time?

Asa

Smash Hero
wouldn't advise our ferries, they're pretty ****ty

i'll meet you at the airport

we'll leave immediately after you arrive

SKidd

Smash Master
Starwaffle may or may not be coming. I will find out for sure from him on Thursday.

And if he is attending, we're teaming.

Top Bottom