• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Oh. Jake. So far, there's 2 matches like that. Sorry for posting in the wrong thread, haha.

It's pretty lame to upload matches with that problem. You still think we should upload them?

MewMewKittyMew

Smash Cadet
I can recall one instance when we spoke to you boys in that match; you then mentioned how loud we were being and thennnn it was youuuu who continueddddd conversing with Jakums about how we wouldn't stop talking, Bluey. Don't get salty and blame Le females please. <3

Although, fine, you have a point. I'll use more discretion in the future - BUT NOT BECAUSE OF YOU D:<

Ps. Invite Clouderz and I'll cheer for him instead of Ben :)
Go Ben Go Ben Go Ben!

Meow, Meow.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I can recall one instance when we spoke to you boys in that match; you then mentioned how loud we were being and thennnn it was youuuu who continueddddd conversing with Jakums about how we wouldn't stop talking, Bluey. Don't get salty and blame Le females please. <3

Although, fine, you have a point. I'll use more discretion in the future - BUT NOT BECAUSE OF YOU D:<

Go Ben Go Ben Go Ben!

Meow, Meow.
Did you draw a weird cat/person fusion, raging and flipping somebody off, in my notebook?

:005:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

NEXT MONTH THERE IS A BRAWL/MELEE EVENT

SO

EVERYONE SHOULD SHOW UP

HERMANOS HASTA LA MUERTE(Deap & SIon) VA A ESTAR AHI Y LES VAMOS A ROMPER EL CULO BEN Y JAKE :)

^^

PD: Mewkitty is typing in french so i will type in spanish now :) ^^

HNG

Smash Journeyman
LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

NEXT MONTH THERE IS A BRAWL/MELEE EVENT

SO

EVERYONE SHOULD SHOUP UP

HERMANOS HASTA LA MUERTE(Deap & SIon) VA A ESTAR AHI Y LES VAMOS A ROMPER EL CULO BEN Y JAKE :)

^^
There's a monthly next month?

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Ggs everyone.

UGH!!! WHY CAN I NEVER TAKE SMASH SERIOUSLY ANYMORE??? First I get 2-0'd two weeks ago in smash 64 vs someone in Victoria that I could have easily 5-stock (or even JV 6-stock) if I tried (I just... didn't feel like killing him at all... everyone watching was mad at me for overly sandbagging... and they all knew I was HEAVILY overly sandbagging), then I come here and not take the tournament seriously at all...

My only serious matches I did this entire weekend was mine and Deap's 30 or so money matches at his place. So intense and so fun XD. I generally hate Meta Knight with a passion and think he's just a stupid character in general, but the way Deap played him, it was actually fun matches... probably the first time I've ever said playing against MK is fun, but it was :)

But yeah... thankfully my doubles partner was also in a lulzy mood for doubles (DOUBLE PUFF FTW!!! :p).

But yeah... as far as singles goes, I was trying to take it seriously, but after I got up-air chain to tornado'd by Ben's MK within 5 seconds of us starting the game in pools, I just... didn't feel like playing brawl much anymore.

On a side note, (not that it would have changed much at all, but something which I found REALLY annoying, as well as several others)... PLEASE BE QUIET IF THERE IS A TOURNAMENT MATCH HAPPENING. DO NOT TALK TO PEOPLE PLAYING A MATCH, EVEN IF THEY ARE DOING A PUFF DITTO!!! Several times, people came to my match and kept talking to either me or my opponent, and it threw both of us off... especially when it was me vs Jake... there was never a 1 minute period that I can remember where we weren't bothered at all.

Also, I know it's kinda unavoidable, but as far as social chat goes... try to talk quietly if you're near a tourney match. I am mainly saying this due to the girls talking non-stop during the tournament (to the point where I told Eric that we should play our tourney match away from them). It's really annoying when you're trying to concentrate, but you hear other people talking very loudly.

I'm basically asking people to be respectful to others playing a match. Sure the "Wow did you see that" cheers can't be avoided, but the constant yelling of "Go Ben!" from the other side of the room every 5 seconds gets annoying very fast, and throws everyone off their game. I even told Jake to "pause" our match to tell the girls to be quiet.

Sorry, a bit of a rant, but something which I found very annoying.

Anyways, on the lighter side, ggs to everyone I played. Diddy Dittos were just too good (vs Feint and Jake). SO MUCH FUN!!! And ggs to everyone playing smash 64 (my favourite moment in that is easily me somehow saving Andy with Luigi at the very Bottom of Sector Z. We just laughed for like 2 minutes straight afterwards XD :)

I may or may not show up to the next tournament (the one on April 16th), since it's like one tournament right after another. Probably will depend on attendance...

my mk is not gay and boring :)

faster and technical :)

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x

Go Ben Go Ben Go Ben!

Meow, Meow.
he is probably going to show up for the SFU tourny ;)

Asa

Smash Hero
lol.

Uhhh. So far, I have rounds 1 and 3 uploaded. I don't want to upload the matches where hacks screw them over -_-ll
k it isn't necessarily the hack's fault. The reason it does that is that in normal circumstances, brawl's memory can only remember so many inputs per replay. in a normal 1v1 match, the input count doesn't usually hit the limit, but in doubles, the inputs are doubled. In the event that the inputs exceed the limit, the game stops, because it can't remember anymore inputs. To alleviate this problem, simply record the doubles matches in real - time.

Thank you so much for recording and uploading the matches though! It's great to see you guys play again <3

sion you have to be there

no johns ;)
why do you keep calling hng sion lol

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
k it isn't necessarily the hack's fault. The reason it does that is that in normal circumstances, brawl's memory can only remember so many inputs per replay. in a normal 1v1 match, the input count doesn't usually hit the limit, but in doubles, the inputs are doubled. In the event that the inputs exceed the limit, the game stops, because it can't remember anymore inputs. To alleviate this problem, simply record the doubles matches in real - time.

Thank you so much for recording and uploading the matches though! It's great to see you guys play again <3

he is so technical and looks like sion :)

HNG

Smash Journeyman

Uhh, We would've recorded them in real time if the software for dazzle had actually worked. Next time, we'll try and record them again.

Also, link to Sion's picture plz.

SKidd

Smash Master
So, how much is a router?

If we all chipped in a little(Breez, Brian, and other people that win tourneys all the time <_<), we might be able to buy one.

Asa

Smash Hero
dude i'll totally send the router lol

yeah sion, c'mon

even bob beat you

EVEN BOB

SKidd

Smash Master
So... No April monthly? I need to redeem myself for my recent performance.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The SFU event is hosted separately from the Brawl monthly series, and it will be centered around Melee. The most likely date for the next monthly (April 16th) will be 2 weeks away from the SFU event anyway.

On another note, is anybody willing to run doubles? If we can get somebody who is willing to do this and commit to arriving early, we can start the monthly at the usual time; otherwise, we will have to start at around 1:00-1:30 and either skip doubles or leave less time for friendlies.

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
put me on skype i'll run it, i hear they are upgrading to holographic images now

Top Bottom