• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Captain L

Smash Champion
You either die maining a bad character, or live long enough to see yourself pick up mk

:phone:

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Sup.

So long as Singles can end by around 8-9 in the evening I'm good to go. Don't want to be picky, it's just that I have some other stuff to do early the next morning and all and commute from Burnaby to Surrey is ***. (Can take up to 1 1/2 hours esp. late nights)

*Disappears*
It'll be finished by then. Just make sure to show up on time. (1pm for Doubles, 3pm for Singles)

I can also bring a Wii and Brawl, and my friend will probably bring his recording set up.
Btw did you guys ever consider making a second thread for this (30000 posts are a lot)
Sounds great. =D This actually is the second thread, but really, it's easier to maintain a single thread than to keep re-making new ones, and people seem to like fighting for things like the 30,000th post.

I like how Jake's avatar reflects his salt

After losing to Dawson's sonic :troll:
Please tell me you didn't come back just to post that. =[

:005:

Starkiller2

Smash Cadet
I think it's interesting that some professionals have only been playing smash for a couple years, while I've been playing for six years (although, this last year was the year I discovered advanced play, so I guess I have only really been playing for a year).

Then, sadly, there are lots of people who play for years but never improve:(

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I've been playing just as long as Jake, and I remain faithful to my bad characters.
You're not nearly active, and I am pretty sure Jake has 1 or 2 years over you. Don't forget he was active in AB for a long time before BC.

So what I am saying is once you play more and want to succeed, you'll main MK.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
You're not nearly active, and I am pretty sure Jake has 1 or 2 years over you. Don't forget he was active in AB for a long time before BC.

So what I am saying is once you play more and want to succeed, you'll main MK.
Jake might have 1 year on me but the game hadn't been long enough for him to have 2. I'd debate that he even has 1

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I discovered the glory of offline Brawl tournaments in May 2009. I only had 4 months in AB before I moved to BC, though the "first" Brawl tournament wasn't until a couple months after that.

Kantrip

Kantplay
My school is doing a theatrical adaptation of George Orwell's 1984. I think I am going to audition for the lead....

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I discovered the glory of offline Brawl tournaments in May 2009. I only had 4 months in AB before I moved to BC, though the "first" Brawl tournament wasn't until a couple months after that.

Oh that's right I forgot brawl in AB took a hiatus for about 3/4 of a year. You joined when brawl came back.

Jason!

Smash Lord
My first offline tournament Dawson challenged me to a D3 MM and then infinited me.

It was then that I realized the way of B.C.

I turned out just fineee.

Kantrip

Kantplay
My first tourney I was scared ****less of the whole experience and Home Video was crowded. I thought I was good with more than one character and was shown how wrong I was....

| Big D |

Smash Master
omg my first tourney.

-2nd in doubles winning the 2v1 in games 2 and 3. Game 2 was won with 2 kills from one uptilt and game 3 my partner lost all his stocks and I had all mine and I told him not to take them lol
- Showing everyone the infinite I just discovered (tire lock)
- happy ending'd SKidd in tourney to end the match
- winning against Grape because of my unseen c4 under the stage technology
- beating Deap in a mm then losing in tourney, called him out on IDC tho
- lost to Landon but took game 2 with a 2 stock
- got lost on the way there and had to bus with angry drunks on the way back

Good times.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Bunch of stuff from my first tourney:

- It was on a Friday, so me and my friend drove up from Morinville (40 minute drive or so)
- First match I played was getting my Ike ***** by Ness (Colin, for you AB folk)
- Played some other friendlies with other new guys and did pretty well, even 3-stocking 1 of them with Yoshi. Started to feel good about bracket after that.
- Got Luke first round, and he double 2-stocked me. I was salty, not because of my loss, but because my friend, who was very slightly below my skill level at the time, got somebody I had beaten easily in friendlies...and lost.
- Took great pleasure in watching Luke plow through Winner's bracket; the better he did, the better I felt about losing to him. :smirk:
- Beat an IC's in loser's, while my friend choked against somebody else I had beaten in friendlies. Had a close set against a Snake (Sean), but lost to a C4 on the platform on YI I didn't see to get 13th. Had an aversion to playing Snakes there for a while after that.
- Held my own for a little bit in doubles in a 2v1 against Jack and Dan. Could have made top 3 in doubles, but I choked against a Melee team. =[
- Speaking of Melee, the one match I remember seeing was a quad Jiggs doubles match that quickly devolved into rest only.
- Played half a friendly with Mark before we were forced to quit out halfway through. This would go on the happen each time for the next 2-3 tourneys.

Fun times~

T-block

B2B TST
i remember watching that YI match, jake. it was our first tournament too.

it made me see you as not a threat, until we actually played in LT. which wasn't until our third tournament or something

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
i remember watching that YI match, jake. it was our first tournament too.

it made me see you as not a threat, until we actually played in LT. which wasn't until our third tournament or something
"Ah, I can beat this guy."

*gets 3-0ed*

That was my second tournament, by the way. :smirk:

Guys I'm pretty sure I win best first tourney experience

#Sushi
Yup.

Also, shoutouts to the Melee and Skullgirls community for raising over $170k between them for breast cancer. And, of course, to Melee for making it to EVO.

Top Bottom