• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I am going to tell your from real life observation, people put up with the textures even though they express strong dislike towards them. Don't underestimate this factor, because it is definitely present.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I am going to tell your from real life observation, people put up with the textures even though they express strong dislike towards them. Don't underestimate this factor, because it is definitely present.
All right. It just seems a little silly that people do not speak out to have textures removed if the solution is so simple, that's all.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
The whole point is that it's not practical to have people need to have intrusive texture hacks removed upon request when they aren't a part of the game in the first place. In theory, yes, it's easy to remove and it shouldn't be an issue, but as Alph mentioned, there are some cases where hacks aren't noticed until midway through matches, such as with Snake's c4, and people don't want to be that guy who is seen as manipulating the rules. The monthlies here are very casual, everybody's friends with each other, and things like pause rules have been known to cause a lot of drama in other communities, and nobody wants to risk bringing any animosity into the scene by restarting matches over something minor like texture hacks.

:005:

Alphicans

Smash Hero
This is especially true for newer players entering the scene. Almost every new guy is reserved and shy for the first few tournaments, and they do not want to be the one starting a scene.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That must be it because I have never played with anybody who made a deal out of anything. I simply don't have the experience of playing for high stakes and do not appreciate the intricacies present in the game.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I think I've heard somewhere you can play a match without textures, and then add them into the replay afterwards. Problem solved imo. When you upload the video you get all the entertainment of textures without obstructing the game.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I enjoy playing with hacked stuff in friendlies (textures, music, etc). Adds a lols factor. The soul reason why I main Squirtle in Brawl Plus is because there was a mudkip texture hack. But other textures are fun to use too (lol pedochu). And for music, well, who wouldn't want to play on a stage with the Chocobo song, or some other good song on a stage with normally mediocre songs?

Once it gets to tournament matches, I will not play on a set-up if there are any gameplay changing hacks (textures, music, etc). Changes like infinite replay I'll accept (and other non-gameplay-affecting hacks), but anything else, and we either remove the sd card or go somewhere else.

But I completely agree with Alphicans. For the longest time, I didn't really want to play with texture hacks, but thought it didn't affect the game too much, so I didn't bother with it and lived with it even though I didn't want it. Then some stupid texture came up and... yeah. I lost the set against someone I wouldn't lose to at the time. Also, some stages, I need the regular stage music. For Rainbow Cruise, it lets me know exactly where on the stage we are, and what platforms are where, and when stuff will appear. When different music plays, it throws me off as to when stuff will appear. So yeah... I eventually decided I wouldn't play on texture hack wiis period. But before that, I would just play anyways not wanting to cause a scene or being that one person who doesn't want to play on it, and I'm sure there are several people who are like that, not wanting to play on hacks, but will live with it anyways just to not be the guy, but I wanted to be the guy, so I became the guy.

Anyways, I made this posts with several breaks while typing, so it may not make sense at some points, or I may have repeated myself several times, but meh lol

If two people want to have textures etc on there, then go ahead. Either that or designate one or two hacked wiis max, and people can choose not to play on them.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
yo

is there a tournament this weekend?? (may 28)

if there is

i can only come if there is internet there, if not, i can't.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not coming to this tournament, btw. Figured I should mention 'cuz I still have Sinister's controller + Wii power cable, I dunno if anybody's willing to pick that up from me sometime before the tournament but I'm sure he'd be grateful O:
Where do you live?

inb4stalker

Edit: As much as I'd like to help, I don't want to have to drive downtown or even Burnaby. Pretty much limited to Poco and the Coquitlam Centre area :(

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
ok, im coming.

GUYS!

THE ROUTER IS GOING TO BE JUST FOR THE FOOTBALL GAME!!! NO STREAM **** DAT.

**** THE STREAM.

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
as i said the router is gonna be for the football game :)

also, im going to need a team for the tourny

feint, i'll team with you if you pay for me.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
Uh, I can make brawl stream lagless if I go. I'm not really willing to go at the moment though because of exams (study) and attendance is pretty dull lol.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Less people = less money + better chance to win
More people = more money + less chance to win

C'mon guys! If you two confirm we're at 8, then we just need... 7 more for your goal.........

Yeah this tourney isn't looking too good.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Deap, pay him back if he comes to this tourney. I saw the match, and the only reason you didn't pay him there is because you didn't want his change.

Top Bottom