• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I'll be accepting applications for becoming my new doubles partner, as my current one will soon quit brawl for halo.
Applications are due by 11:59 on Nov 6.
The winning applicant will be the one whose application includes my favourite number the most times within the application.
Applications must be submitted as a standard post in this thread, or will be void.

Good luck to all applicants.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
Pick me! I use Pikachu, Carelessly attack my teammate a lot and SD at low percents. I'm the perfect partner for you.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The election is today... how exciting!

If I could vote, I'd definitely vote Romney but if I were American my vote would go to Obama.

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I just think Romney's plans benefit Canada a lot more than Obama's. I disagree with a lot of the other things that Romney believes in but it won't really affect us as Canadians.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Although you can never really trust what these politicians say... For example, I'd bet Obama is totally on board with the Keystone pipeline but says otherwise just to have like-minded people side with him. Of course Obama has to think differently than the pipeline supporting Romney. Obama's "changes" aren't really happening as quick as he'd like though yay for him for cutting unemployment (after what seems to be an eternity). The pipeline would definitely help him out.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The environmental risks are incredibly scary. One mistake could affect millions of human lives and large habitats though.

Not sure if anybody is aware of the Costco in Washington state (specifically in Bellingham), but many complain about how congested the lineups are and how we're using up their "resources." Imagine that happening to us in Canada except instead of groceries, it's our health care. Under Obamacare, I suspect many Americans will go north of the border for better health care which increases waiting times for us and the like...

I'm not sure for Alberta but I think your health care is funded for through employer payments but in BC every resident 18+ needs to pay MSP premiums monthly which sorta sucks if the quality of our health care decreases as a result of Obama :(

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
The environmental risks are incredibly scary. One mistake could affect millions of human lives and large habitats though.

Not sure if anybody is aware of the Costco in Washington state (specifically in Bellingham), but many complain about how congested the lineups are and how we're using up their "resources." Imagine that happening to us in Canada except instead of groceries, it's our health care. Under Obamacare, I suspect many Americans will go north of the border for better health care which increases waiting times for us and the like...
"Free" healthcare isn't exactly a good thing. But I don't really wanna get a whole lot into that. High cost health care isn't a good thing either.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Canada's health care is leaps and bounds better than the USA's. It's not the best but it is certainly adequate.

There are so little benefits to doctors if Obamacare is put into action such as remuneration. There will be a severe drop in doctors available (predicted 60,000+) due to increased access so where will [richer] Americans go to find high quality doctors with short wait times? Unfortunately here.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
uh ohs

when is the latest you have to leave lougheed?
The sooner I can leave there the better (I need to get to Production Station by 5:10 if I want to make it to class before 5:30). Honestly though, I'm not THAT concerned about being late for this class. The prof isn't even on time half the time, and he started the midterm 15 minutes after the start of class to "wait for anybody who shows up late".

:005:

SKidd

Smash Master
Real talk let's get some **** going Friday - Sunday

Landon and I are on board

Captain L

Smash Champion
skidd I have this great idea. I'll pick you up from your house on my way to school friday morning (~7:30) drop you off somewhere random in Burnaby from which you can bus to stronghold, and then I'll meet you there after school

it's foolproof

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
LOL landon

LANDON

that's irresponsible

for real i'll be there friday with the melee cats I expect all brawl players to be there so I can chill and watch you play brawl and ask you things about brawl

Captain L

Smash Champion
honestly though I'm not really down for going all the way to stronghold on Friday, when Skidd asked me I was kinda just thinking of going to his house cause it's really close

kazumiyumi

Smash Rookie
i hereby proclaim that i am the king of brawl he who wishes to challenge this go to the uvic smash club

Top Bottom