• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Sion

Island of Horizon
i actually think they did doubles for the tournament

too many casual players

but i figure that would be an ok place to start

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
lol I just found out that Wreck-it Ralph is going to be in Sonic all star racing: transformed

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
First time online since like 8pm yesterday (fell asleep, just came back from work not that long ago). And I miss Clouderz. My luck sucks. Nice to hear from him though :)

Also, Happy Birthday to my fellow Yoshi friend <(^o^)>

Also, I know exactly one person will completely disagree with me on this, but in my opinions, the best conversations are the ones where all logic is thrown out the window, and everything said does not make any logical sense, but within the illogical context given, makes perfect sense. Always a great time.

Kantrip

Kantplay
SKidd wasn't the exactly one person you were expecting, I presume.

Completely random conversations consisting of various outside references and inside jokes topped off with raw unorthodox trains of thought are the best.

Kantrip

Kantplay
It was the only day my mom could take me and I needed to get formal clothing for my grad boat cruise this week.

I'm sorry :C

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
People who speak almost completely using logic are terrible conversationalists. I personally love talking about current events but nobody ever follows the news...

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Alright, updated the OP with the ruleset. We are using Apex rules, with the exception that double MK will not be banned. You can check out the ruleset in the OP, or just follow this link: (clicky)

Edit: I am the most ADORABLE T.O. EVER

:005:

Arcansi

Smash Champion
Also, I know exactly one person will completely disagree with me on this, but in my opinions, the best conversations are the ones where all logic is thrown out the window, and everything said does not make any logical sense, but within the illogical context given, makes perfect sense. Always a great time.
Your 'knowledge' is not appreciated in the form you give it. You assume you know much more of me than you actually do.

I would prefer you not.

I do not disagree with you, because I simply don't partake in these conversations.

They are much like conversations of opinion with no true purpose. I simply find them as worse version of their productive 'selves'. They can be fun, sure. But I have always found it to be more fun to engage in the productive versions of such.

Also, Best is subjective. I don't formally ever disagree with purely subjective things.

He meant anything worth talking about.
Everything therefore nothing.

winter formals are sick

so many drinks on that boat

that nobody knew about except all da drinkersssss

have fun, K.
And Clouderz called me the (forgive me if I fail to replicate his spelling correctly) 'Ideot'.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Your 'knowledge' is not appreciated in the form you give it. You assume you know much more of me than you actually do.

I would prefer you not.

I do not disagree with you, because I simply don't partake in these conversations.

They are much like conversations of opinion with no true purpose. I simply find them as worse version of their productive 'selves'. They can be fun, sure. But I have always found it to be more fun to engage in the productive versions of such.

Also, Best is subjective. I don't formally ever disagree with purely subjective things.

Everything therefore nothing.

And Clouderz called me the (forgive me if I fail to replicate his spelling correctly) 'Ideot'.
$10 says you're anti-social.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
First off, Arcansi (as I surprisingly actually expected) does not disagree with me. Therefore SKidd is the only person who disagrees with me. Therefore my statement of exactly one person disagreeing with me stands.

Why I thought Arcansi would not disagree with me:

To a (much) lesser extent, we had conversations like that at the one tournament where we got housed together (I think it was Landon who housed us, and Caiden was also being housed). They weren't as extreme as I suggested but to a MUCH lesser extent, we had those conversations, and you seemed to enjoy them. So based on that, I actually assumed you would not be the exactly one person who would disagree with me ;)

Why I assumed someone, anybody else would be the exactly one person:

I assumed that everybody believed Arcansi would disagree with me. Therefore, I just needed one person to say they disagreed with me, therefore making it seem like more than 1 person disagreed with me, making my post false. SKidd did this (to be honest, I did not expect him to be the one person to do this lol). However, Arcansi does not disagree with me, making SKidd's attempt at making my post false actually true.

So thanks SKidd :p

Arcansi

Smash Champion
$10 says you're anti-social.
You would have to define anti-social for me to give you a formal response to this.

I do not despise or dislike social interactions.

I just find that the type I desire can only very rarely be found in a person, and even when such is found, I cannot find it for very long, oftentimes.

I do believe (along with many others, e.g. family members ++ peers) that I have aspergers, but I am waiting on formal testing for that. I believe a symptom of aspergers is some type of anti-social behavior, but I don't know.

| Big D |

Smash Master
First off, Arcansi (as I surprisingly actually expected) does not disagree with me. Therefore SKidd is the only person who disagrees with me. Therefore my statement of exactly one person disagreeing with me stands.

To a (much) lesser extent, we had conversations like that at the one tournament where we got housed together (I think it was Landon who housed us, and Caiden was also being housed). They weren't as extreme as I suggested but to a MUCH lesser extent, we had those conversations, and you seemed to enjoy them. So based on that, I actually assumed you would not be the exactly one person who would disagree with me ;)

Why I assumed someone, anybody else would be the exactly one person:

I assumed that everybody believed Arcansi would disagree with me. Therefore, I just needed one person to say they disagreed with me, therefore making it seem like more than 1 person disagreed with me, making my post false. SKidd did this (to be honest, I did not expect him to be the one person to do this lol). However, Arcansi does not disagree with me, making SKidd's attempt at making my post false actually true.

So thanks SKidd :p
Mind = Blown

Arcansi

Smash Champion

You see such conversations in a different way than me. I see these as purposeful, and within a logical premise. Although I do not have a very clear memory of the exact conversations we had at that time, I do believe what I say here.

I may be wrong, however.

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
You would have to define anti-social for me to give you a formal response to this.

I do not despise or dislike social interactions.

I just find that the type I desire can only very rarely be found in a person, and even when such is found, I cannot find it for very long, oftentimes.

I do believe (along with many others, e.g. family members ++ peers) that I have aspergers, but I am waiting on formal testing for that. I believe a symptom of aspergers is some type of anti-social behavior, but I don't know.
It was a hyperbolic statement that had some truth to it.

As for the definition there's a ton of dictionaries you can refer to with the web at your disposal.

But please don't give me a formal reply; I don't think it would lead to anything productive.

Plz.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
It was a hyperbolic statement that had some truth to it.

As for the definition there's a ton of dictionaries you can refer to with the web at your disposal.

But please don't give me a formal reply; I don't think it would lead to anything productive.

Plz.
an·ti·so·cial   [an-tee-soh-shuhl, an-tahy-]
adjective
unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing; threatening: an antisocial act.
opposed or detrimental to social order or the principles on which society is constituted: antisocial behavior.
Psychiatry . of or pertaining to a pattern of behavior in which social norms and the rights of others are persistently violated.

I see more than one definition here.

Hence my request for clarification, as I would see many different definitions were I to look at many different sources.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
As I said, it was a much MUCH lesser extent. It was logical for the most part, but had a few random illogical things mentioned that we both laughed at. It may have been related to ponies... I forget... all I know is that I remember it happening, and you seemed to enjoy it.

Arcansi

Smash Champion
As I said, it was a much MUCH lesser extent. It was logical for the most part, but had a few random illogical things mentioned that we both laughed at. It may have been related to ponies... I forget... all I know is that I remember it happening, and you seemed to enjoy it.
I probably see it as contextual logic.

E.G. just using up time, or taking the best option from a lacking situation. (NOTE: Lacking doesn't relate to how I would feel at that situation, in any way.)

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
an·ti·so·cial   [an-tee-soh-shuhl, an-tahy-]
adjective
unwilling or unable to associate in a normal or friendly way with other people: He's not antisocial, just shy.
antagonistic, hostile, or unfriendly toward others; menacing; threatening: an antisocial act.
opposed or detrimental to social order or the principles on which society is constituted: antisocial behavior.
Psychiatry . of or pertaining to a pattern of behavior in which social norms and the rights of others are persistently violated.

I see more than one definition here.

Hence my request for clarification, as I would see many different definitions were I to look at many different sources.

In the context of my comment made towards you which of the above definitions EXACTLY do you think I'm referring to? Being the logic buff you proclaim to be I think you could add two and two together.

HINT: Number 1 *discarding the friendly part*

Arcansi

Smash Champion
In the context of my comment made towards you which of the above definitions EXACTLY do you think I'm referring to? Being the logic buff you proclaim to be I think you could add two and two together.

HINT: Number 1 *discarding the friendly part*
Lol. Okay.

Class just ended, more coming in like 45 mins when I get home.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I will eventually need a gateway into this games type of competitive scene.

Anyone here have knowledge on that sort of thing?
Yeah I got pretty good at Halo 3/Reach. (I will embarrass anyone in a 1v1 who thinks otherwise) It was what I did before BC Brawl.

Someone mentioned they have tournaments on Stronghold, you would need a team however.

As for the MLG Circuit, it's a long road to get there. Xbox Live is 1000x times better than wifi and you can practice with people your own skill level.

I will be playing Halo 4 for a while, hope it doesn't mess me up for the tourney.

My GT is MarioMaster2005

Top Bottom