• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
ALSO LANDON

since you're probably making the results thread as we speak could you please put :falco: :wolf: next to my name, in that order??

i used mostly falco today so would be appreciated

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
idk but i approve of SKidd's

and his 10 messy peanuts

Asa

Smash Hero
lol arcansi what other major movies haven't you seen? XD

good movie tho :) you should read the book too

| Big D |

Smash Master
With his blessing he won though, but holy **** that was dumb, at least he went away and was never to be heard from for the rest of the night.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Some of them want me back so bad they agreed to change their avatars to pony avatars to try to convince me to come back. Oh, and also to troll me.

But yeah, in all seriousness, I figured it out very quickly. And just to make sure, I asked someone "what is with the pony avatars". Their response: "I don't think I'm allowed to tell you". My response: "well, if that's the case, you already said too much". Though I question if my first paragraph has anything to do with it... :p

I had three theories as to why it was the case. Trolling me/everyone, trying to get me to come back, and... the actual reason.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
**** was hilarious

i gave him a dollar tho, wonder what happened to that

Captain L

Smash Champion
I don't see the new Korra episode up Kevin, where is it? :O

also

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14530343#post14530343

results

a certain prominent member of the BC melee community was a little bit drunk yesterday and a little bit loud and in my face during losers finals. I think he might've kissed me on the head but I wasn't exactly sure. Pause was also off during that match so when the replay is uploaded you might see us just chillin on opposite sides of the stage for a couple seconds. I did figure out though that I had a home button on my wii remote which overrode the no pause thing.

Shoutouts to wiimotes

http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14405977&postcount=43

Dawson sent me this link, what do y'all think? I disagree with disallowing MK on counterpick stages, but since we are ideally trying to use pre-established rulesets I would be fine with that.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
He linked it to me earlier. I actually am almost in full agreement with that ruleset. The one thing I didn't agree with, like Landon said, was MK not being allowed to go on counterpick stages. In my opinion, it should either be a full out-right MK ban (this ruleset seems perfectly fine for that), or a full MK legal, no CP shenanigans (this ruleset seems perfectly fine for that too).

So yeah... whether we go MK legal or banned, I'm fine with this ruleset. But I think we should go all legal or all banned. Saying he can't go on CP's is basically saying "he's legal, but he can't be played properly". It's basically trying to make both the pro-ban and anti-ban happy by making a semi-ban ruleset, but I think it just makes it worse than either side alone. Oh, and obviously I'm in favour of banned.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I actually really like that ruleset, a couple things I don't know if I agree with (siege starter, plaza CP, 2 stage bans) but it looks strangely similar to one of my own rulesets. So yeah, wouldn't mind trying. I think it should be 10 minute timer but that's just my two peanuts.

Did anyone actually use MK yesterday?

Captain L

Smash Champion
hey guys I lost 2 SD cards at the venue yesterday and picked up an extra sensor bar. Anyone have the SD cards or want the sensor?

Top Bottom