• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Spelling Bee is on right now! It's something I semi-religiously follow each year :D

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
It's just kids. It doesn't get harder than that though. I only got like 3 words right so far :(

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
Bring out your inner Asian, my friend.
(:
P.S. There's a thing going on this weekend? .____.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Indians are and always will be smarter than Oriental Asians.

Ending was sucky :(

There's a tournament on Saturday. You should come :)

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233
You know wut? I'm coming on Saturday. Imma bring my Link with me. >:)
I'm up for this weekend. Anyone else?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Omg yay! I'll be there... probably gonna go pure Zelda since it's so small!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
i'll probably be there

with a project m set-up, obvs

Captain L

Smash Champion
You've been decieved. Everyone still has their opinions and noone is smart enough to want to change them.

I have no idea why Apex ruleset is being used, probably because Landon likes it or something.
comments like this are what makes me actually want to ignore everyone and make a ruleset full of things that benefit me (no LGL, unity - brinstar stages, character lock, MK legal). Good thing it's just arcansi.

I hope you realize the ruleset was discussed at great length. The general consensus was not to invent a new ruleset, and just to use a pre-existing one. The other general consensus was that we could try another MK legal event. Apex was brought up and a lot of people were fine with trying either that or Japan. I have no idea why you have no idea why Apex is being used, between it and Japan there was nearly equal support, I decided to go with apex so that the change was less drastic, and people had issues with not being able to ban neutrals.

And for the record, this is NOT permanent. We haven't tried it yet so nobody can develop an informed opinion until they've tried it at a tournament.

Also for the record, "noone" isn't a word

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sigh at no Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar... especially with people possibly going to Impulse which has those stages legal...

| Big D |

Smash Master
Honestly, not to sound cocky or anything, but with a lot of other players gone, I'd say I'm his biggest worry right now. If he wanted to use a rule set that would benefit him, he would've gone with MK legal, Unity.
He's really good at the MK mu that would have hopefully taken me out, not to mention he has a lot of counter pick options.

Now on the flip side, he was going to go Japan. Think about it, extended timer, and the same ledge grab limit with no ability to ban FD or any janky counter picks to take me to. His go to counter pick has been Rainbow cruise. He takes me there, Bryan there, and he took Felix there.

And since people thought Japan was too drastic/were scared of ICs (Ya we all know the reason), he decided to go with a rule set that accommodated everybody. Sure he doesn't have to ban brinstar every set, but he also loses his two favorite which are PS2 and RC. And you know what else? He still has to worry about the same stages vs me because he has to face Yoshi's island, and Final Destination, and Yoshi's is better vs Pikachu for ICs. Not to mention starters, ICs love every one of those 5 stages vs pikachu, and two of my best stages vs him which are on FD level are starter.

TLDR; Pikachu loves janky stages, don't assume the worst of our lovable TO, he did this for the community not himself, get over yourself.

Seriously there's too much drama over every decision. T.T

Asa

Smash Hero
Sigh at no Rainbow Cruise and Brinstar... especially with people possibly going to Impulse which has those stages legal...
lul

also i don't think i've ever seen dawson use an emoticon

Also you better beat some people, Irisz! :)

Captain L

Smash Champion
I don't know :'(

also I have to shop for a tie Saturday at metrotown, do you mind if I pick you up at like 9:30 instead Skidd? We can hit up the tie stores before going to stronghold

SKidd

Smash Master
'landon team with me plzzzzzzzzzz

I'm much prettier than that other bish.

-Jason

Irisz

The Wanderer
NNID
QnIrisZ
3DS FC
4871-4459-0233

Asa