• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

I blame Jason

Arcansi

Smash Champion
BC isn't even on the map as far as competitive brawl goes. When we hold phoenix events we always get outplaced by washington and alberta, both of which are barely recognized in the community. WA doesn't even have a brawl scene anymore really...

(not trying to be rude to alberta or washington but most people only ever talk about socal and new jersey when they're talking about top level play in NA)

What I'm saying is that legalizing mk here or banning him here won't make an impact on the community at all.
It's got to do with % tournaments and numbers + data. It'll matter.

Plus, if we make him legal for monthlies then we're going to want to make him legal for phoenix events.

Most importantly though, I'm anti-ban anyways so even if banning him DOES promote banning him elsewhere, I wouldn't want that in the first place.
Eh, we aren't talking globally.

This is not true. I'm not trying to sound cocky, but with Jake and Drake both gone, the top spots are going to be taken by Game and Watch, Ice climbers, and Pikachu (alphabetical) at most monthlies in the forseeable future. Since I understand Rob probably won't be coming to mk legal tournaments, the only thing that could change is that the top three would become ICs MK Pika at worst.
This is if only 1 MK main comes. On the possiblity another one shows up (one of breez's friends or something) how hard is it really to start placing high up?

But you're not coming to the locals that we're talking about so it doesn't matter. As far as other players in our community, the one who's character is most hurt by mk is Kevin, and he's in favour of mk-legal anyways.
If you can assure me that mk being legal in monthlies won't affect him being legal in phoenix events I'll back out.

But how can you assure me this?

This isn't entirety true because characters like wolf and fox do better with mk legal. Peach rob and pit get a little screwed, but realistically all characters below high tier have other hard counters anyways. And one more thing, mk has exactly a 0% chance of placing high if he's banned ;D
Only wolf and fox, though.

It'll hit everyone else playing a non top-tier quite hard.

lol that was silly

why didn't anyone tell me my avatar was not transparent
Yo what's your contact info we gotta wifi sometime.

Limeee

Smash Champion
based off personal experience, mk legal + japanese stagelist is really amazing

it keeps mk, so mk players wont complain, but it balances him in not being able to ban FD (so diddy and IC's and others get free FD CP against him)

its honestly all upto vote though, some people enjoy gay stages and some don't, but either way i think you should keep mk legal

:009:

| Big D |

Smash Master
Lime, in the OP of your thread, it says any stage can be banned but that's not what you guys use?

If you could look at your OP and spot any other differences that'd be great.

Kantrip

Kantplay
This is not true. I'm not trying to sound cocky, but with Jake and Drake both gone, the top spots are going to be taken by Game and Watch, Ice climbers, and Pikachu (alphabetical) at most monthlies in the forseeable future. Since I understand Rob probably won't be coming to mk legal tournaments, the only thing that could change is that the top three would become ICs MK Pika at worst.
Not if I have something to say about it. Diddy Kong placing top 3. It's happening.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
The atrocity that are GFs are currently being uploaded by our man BigFREE. Probably be up in the morning.

DAMN IT NINJA'd

whatever still posting

Kantrip

Kantplay
Game 1 and on Rainbow Cruise Caiden was talking to us.

That's my john for RC, as well as me not being Player-1 in his Rainbow Cruise superiority.

Kantrip

Kantplay
"Sorry" would be a good place to start. :awesome:

Haha nah but I really should practice on non-Japan ruleset stages.

Unless we adopt the Japan ruleset. Should do.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Rainbow is like the perfect definition of a Counterpick. Everyone should learn it.

I wouldn't mind Rainbow being the only counterpick. Sounds perfect in my twisted smash fantasy ruleset.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
sup Clouderz

Come and get some of this New School BC

unless you're scared :awesome:

Top Bottom