• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
The only way to settle who is better between Captain L and Blue Yoshi is with a Zelda ditto.

Crisis

Smash Ace
How bout we just let next tournament's placing determine the PR. play out the ties. don't care if you have a bad day :p

if you're not there, you're too infrequent anyways.

Captain L

Smash Champion
basing a PR off one tourney is a really bad idea

it'll be the thoughts of the panelists combined with results from all tournaments past, as well as who beat who and who lost to who

Kantrip

Kantplay
Who are our current panelists, anyways?

jj + me + ben (not ordered) are the top 3 more or less, though we'll have to see how ben does without mk

drake + big d + jason + blue yoshi (not ordered) are who I see as the next contenders after us, though blue yoshi could be higher depending on whether he's taking things seriously or using G&W instead of puff. Deap, you'd also fit in this batch with mk legal, but with him banned I'm not sure how your oli is. I'm sure you'd still be around here though.

After that we have a bit of a pool to choose from for the next two spots on our top 10. There's Sinister, Grape, Kantrip, Crisis, Blunted Object and possibly others.

If I forgot somebody or anyone thinks I'm biased, my bad.

also asa is better than all of us but he's in Hawaii
You put me in the same grouping as Sinister. There must be a mistake. Deap sucks btw, I can consistently destroy his oli and I go even with his MK. :awesome:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
You put me in the same grouping as Sinister. There must be a mistake. Deap sucks btw, I can consistently destroy his oli and I go even with his MK. :awesome:
i dunno wtf u are talking about.

i almost 3 stocked you last time,you only beat my falcon and the match was pretty close,you aren't even that good to talk ****, not even asa can.

so STFU.;)

Crisis

Smash Ace
Our community is way too small, and way too infrequent, so the pr will be pretty silly no matter how we look at it. Do we count all the tourneys since the last pr? Do we count people who are infrequent but still plan to attend? Do we only count recent matches. What about the mk ban...

1 tourney, 1 PR, absolutely up to date :awesome:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Actually Deap, your mk beat me twice and I won one. I only played your oli once and we didn't get to finish the match. The only time I faced you in tourney you went fox (this was pools) and I won.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Yeah, Landon's post more or less covers it. I gave it a funny look at me, him, and Ben being top 3 and Robert being lower, but I was assuming no more full Jigglypuff. Everything else sounds pretty good, and I'm looking forward to seeing how the next monthly plays out~

:005:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Oh yeah and the falcon MM was NOT close. I won 2-0 and 2 stocked you game one. Game two was last stock mid-high percents

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
Actually Deap, your mk beat me twice and I won one. I only played your oli once and we didn't get to finish the match. The only time I faced you in tourney you went fox (this was pools) and I won.
yeah and that match against my fox was really close, i didn't take you serious thats why i went fox.

its like i went puff in pools, cus i dont give a ****.

Kantrip

Kantplay
I would, and I'm not saying no because I don't think I can do it, but I'm not sure how much stakes **** with my playing, so I'm gonna decline that.

I'd rather save it for bracket anyways.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Seriously, I would never bet $10. That's slightly less than what I make in 1 hour of working.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
So because i'd rather talk **** in person cause forums are dumb, i'll just say YOU'RE ALL SCRUBS AND HAVE NO REAL OPINION UNTIL YOU PLAY ME NEXT TOURNEY.

and for the record I beat asa at my first tourney and continued to **** him online until i quit wifi :awesome:

We should defs do PR after this next Tourney, i am Sinistarr and i doesn't afraid of anything.
not even DDD

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I find it funny how one tournament I go all Puff, now all of a sudden I'm dropping down 5 spots on the PR?

I will make a side bet with anyone. I will place higher than two of the three people Landon places as higher than me. If I place higher than two or three, I win. If I don't, I lose.

Landon, do you feel confident enough in your prediction to take my bet? ;)

Kantrip

Kantplay
But if a single person Landon considers below you places above you, you lose.

I find it funny how one tournament I go all Puff, now all of a sudden I'm dropping down 5 spots on the PR?

I will make a side bet with anyone. I will place higher than two of the three people Landon places as higher than me. If I place higher than two or three, I win. If I don't, I lose.

Landon, do you feel confident enough in your prediction to take my bet? ;)

Captain L

Smash Champion
no cause your G&W would do that

If you planned to do that with puff then I'd take the bet

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You know Zelda is bad when she has an infinite on Diddy and the matchup is still -2.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
ICs have an infinite on DDD.

Falcon is Falcon.

Falco can make never ending hard reads on DDD.

Wolf is invincible. :troll:

:wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf: :wolf:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Uh... if you know my GaW would do that, then why did you place me below them all? I am completely confused right now.

So, Ben, Jake, and Landon are above me, but Landon says I could easily place above two of the three... shouldn't that make me in that grouping?

Edit: DDD can infinite Snake. I have done it several times on Max here on the island.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I think we should just drop this and leave decisions for post Tourney in Jan

Goodbye forever 666 posts you were short lived but i love you <3

Kantrip

Kantplay
He's saying he placed you there thinking you were going jiggs.

Knowing you aren't planning on it, he'd probably move you up

| Big D |

Smash Master
K well, Wario has an infinite on everybody and I discovered it so there, hmph.

I'm getting a better idea of which characters I should use now, at the beginning I had no clue.

Captain L

Smash Champion
I would've placed you there but I thought you said somewhere that you were going all puff from now on, which I was obviously wrong about. So just read it as the top 4 are you me jj and ben, and who knows how ben will be without mk.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Like...

Landon can be Gaston, because he's CAPTAIN L.
Sheldon would be Chip.
Caiden would be Belle.
Jake would be Cogsworth.
Trevor would be Lumiere.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I thought we already established that the PR should be MLP themed.

And Landon, that makes sense lol. I said I was going to use Puff more, and maybe do another Puff only at some point, but I never said I was going only Puff for now on.

Oh, by the way guys, I'm going all Puff next tournament
lol jk...

Top Bottom