• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My main reason for disagreement with the chaingrab rule is you are picking 5 characters that have a similar quality, and saying they are no longer viable. All I see is someone who walked into one too many chaingrabs, and now wants them removed.

I've dealt with this in the 64 forums. There was a tournament being held online where Kirby was going to be banned due to his up-tilt being broken. Some questioned it, while others were indifferent since they don't use Kirby. Me, as a Puff main at the time, said if you ban Kirby, I'm not entering, and half the 64 boards followed behind me. Kirby was later unbanned from that tournament, and it went on fine.

I am completely against the "I don't like this, so I will ban it" thought process, and seeing as this is the only reason Arcansi has provided for wanting his ruleset, I am completely against it. Not to mention chaingrabs add another element into the game, giving it more depth and adding more complexity to the game.

Captain L

Smash Champion
he'll probably say that gimps require reads and aren't 100% guaranteed all the time like chaingrabs are.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Also, why are you for all this "balancing" but yet you want the LGL removed?

The LGL should be lowered, what, get at me.
Arcansi never said he wanted the LGL removed.

Also, blueyoshi, his reasoning is not just he doesn't like it.

I am obviously against his rule, but it's painful to see the same responses over and over again.

Asa

Smash Hero
Shawty's like a melody in my head
That I can't keep out
Got me singing like
Na na na na everyday
It's like my i-pod is stuck on replay
Replay replay ay ay ay

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I know he has more than just that, but essentially, it boils down to "I don't like chaingrabs, they must be banned".

The thing I find the funniest is he thinks he is convincing people that his way is better. Yet nobody cares about his rules at all, and (sorry to disappoint you Arcansi), lots of people are even making fun of the rules.

I also support a reduced ledge grab limit. You are never going to reach 50 ledge grabs unless you are trying to DQ yourself.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
reduce ledge limit

Wolf will be a god

&14th or 21st are best for me for tourney status

watch the Apex stream or you're a bad person

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
In the meantime, Smashfests! It's winter break and we haven't set up anything yet! How sad :(

How about one on Wednesday or something :(

Asa

Smash Hero
you know deap isn't confident in his ability to beat you when you ask for a 10$ mm and he lowers it to 5 ;)

Jason!

Smash Lord
In all honestly I don't even mind the matchup. I would just much rather switch then play the match up on rainbow cruise or delfino when he cps LOL

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Are people not embarrassed when they ask me to MM? It's like stealing money from a comatose person.

Going to my place is now an option for Smashfests! Of course people need to be interested in playing first... and it can always be at Stronghold or at any other person's place!

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Smashfeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesst

i'm down

Top Bottom