• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master

The only person from Alberta I have teamed with more than once was Colin, before I moved to BC. I've teamed with Sally, Kuraudo (that was a disaster, lol), DTP, Frio, Fiji, and Alphicans (though not in AB :x) once each. In BC, I've teamed with LFL and Marklar once each before me and Breez became static teammates in 2010. Since then, I've teamed with him at every tournament except the ones he wasn't at [teamed with Blunted Object (Flaming Object remains one of my favorite team names
{I'm in this far, so I might as well go deeper </badinceptionjoke>}
) and Komodo Joe in US tournaments, and teamed with SKidd at the last monthly], and Phoenix 4, where he ditched me for Clouderz and got outplaced by me and Alphicans. ^.^ There was also a smashfest about a year ago where I ditched him for Bundtcake in a no-entry bracket just to mix things up. =]
I've teamed with him at every tournament except the ones he wasn't at [teamed with Blunted Object (Flaming Object remains one of my favorite team names
) and Komodo Joe in US tournaments, and teamed with SKidd at the last monthly], and Phoenix 4, where he ditched me for Clouderz and got outplaced by me and Alphicans. ^.^ There was also a smashfest about a year ago where I ditched him for Bundtcake in a no-entry bracket just to mix things up. =]
and Komodo Joe in US tournaments, and teamed with SKidd at the last monthly], and Phoenix 4, where he ditched me for Clouderz and got outplaced by me and Alphicans.
me and Alphicans.
Have you learned nothing? It should be Alphicans and me.

:glare:

SKidd

Smash Master
Lol.

As a tentative date, should it matter what the Melee tourney's date this month is going to be?

Asa

Smash Hero
well eric (the usual TO) knows about the situation, and is aware of our dates, so he'll work around our dates

Captain L

Smash Champion
I support Marth 12th or 26th.

EDIT: despite the fact that I could correct my spelling I think I'll leave it like that.

SKidd

Smash Master
As Bryan said, me and Eric (:troll:) will make sure the dates overlap.

On that note, how do you guys feel about the 12th and the 26th? Landon can't come on the 19th. :x

:005:
:glare:

I'm fine with either date. <3 Landon

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
derp

I meant "don't overlap". Critical error. >.>

Anyway, regarding the dates, I need more feedback. I'm concerned that the 12th is too close, and it looks like the Melee monthly might want the 26th. Even if we were to get the 26th, I'm concerned that it might be too close to the April monthly, because it looks like the earliest I can host that month is the 9th; I have a final on the 23th with a flight out that night, and I have a final on the morning of the 16th as well. The 19th is good overall, except for the fact that Landon can't make it. =[

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Yeah, 4th went to that scrubby double MK team. Who were they again? Something about the weather...

The only person from Alberta I have teamed with more than once was Colin, before I moved to BC. I've teamed with Sally, Kuraudo (that was a disaster, lol), DTP, Frio, Fiji, and Alphicans (though not in AB :x) once each. In BC, I've teamed with LFL and Marklar once each before me and Breez became static teammates in 2010. Since then, I've teamed with him at every tournament except the ones he wasn't at [teamed with Blunted Object (Flaming Object remains one of my favorite team names

/walkdownmemorylane

Everybody has an off day.

Don't let that stop you from teaming with me again though.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Everybody has an off day.

Don't let that stop you from teaming with me again though.
Maybe...but as I've said before, I don't really want to do Yoshi/Sonic again. MAYBE IF I GO MK?!?

Regarding the date, I think the 26th is probably the best. Either way, there will be no overlap with the Melee monthly, so don't worry about that. Nobody has said that they have any problems with it, so if you do, please speak up now. I will book the date tomorrow.

Captain L

Smash Champion
just call the tournament on april 9th a biweekly and make the monthly on the 26th

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Marth 12th is too short notice for me (too late to book time off work). So I won't be able to go at all.

If it's Marth 26th, I don't have anything preventing me going... at least for the moment.

So yeah... I vote Marth 26th, since I won't be able to go on Marth 12th.

Marth

:marth:

Deap

Smash Ace
NNID
Deap92x
when is the next tournament or smashfest???

i haven't played brawl since i came

btw: anyone know where can i buy a new GC controller?(original)

i dont care about the price, i need it :)

Asa

Smash Hero
New and cheap?
If they're going I'll buy it right off.
no it's not new, however they are still quite good and it would be cheaper.

when is the next tournament or smashfest???

i haven't played brawl since i came

btw: anyone know where can i buy a new GC controller?(original)

i dont care about the price, i need it :)
you can get a new one at the place karupin suggested or at home video

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
Ok, the date for the next monthly is now set to the 26th. Anybody who confirmed their attendance earlier will not yet be added to the list; if you're coming, please post again so I don't accidentally add somebody who won't be here. :x (Landon gets to be on the list because he's special)

SKidd

Smash Master
I'm confirmed.

Hopefully this won't be a 6-man tourney again.

... I'll be putting on my **** face for this tourney.

Top Bottom