• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

SKidd

Smash Master
Gg to everyone anyway.

I'll get you next time, Landon; just you wait.

HNG

Smash Journeyman
I've only played Landon...once in my entire life. In pools and I managed to beat him on his CP. I want to play him again.

Asa

Smash Hero
me and landon have the most playtime together cuz we always try to time each other out

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
wow, you guys almost surpassed our lowest attendance records in Victoria. Kyle hosted a tournament here, where 15 people were confirmed, and then everyone but 4 of us bailed... so we had a 4 man tournament. We also had one where we knew there was going to be a low attendance due to everyone not being there, but we didn't think it would be just down to three.

I think there may have been a 2 man tournament at one point as well (though I think people showed up late and turned it into a 4-5 man one).

All of the turned into videogame fests instead.

But yeah, I came in 1st at my tournament, using random only. Trevor got 3rd. We both sandbagged heavily (I lost as GaW. That's how much we sandbagged).

So... on a different note, lets use these results for the next PR. I think it should look something like this:

1. Landon
2. Jake
3. Skidd
4. Michael

Nobody cares about the rest, either because they didn't show up, or because they forgot their gba sp at the venue.

Anyways, when is the next tournament? And how promissing does attendance look?

Karupin

Smash Journeyman
I lost as GaW too brah :D
I was forced to play on hannenbrow 2x, Mushroomy kingdom once, spear pillar 2x, Green green 2x skyworld once and that mario kart stage 2x that tourney
unique experience
im glad i didnt come frist though
the prize bin for first was worse than 3rd.
so bad you took the Japanese school girl outfit for a prize xD
the 3rd place one wasnt that great either though...(took a mechazawa-kun from "Cromartie High School" plushie)

Crisis

Smash Ace
woah O_O . Sorry about the attendance. I can guarantee next month's if it's on the 19th, 26th or April 2nd. Have a 2 week break from school.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I'm thinking the 19th would probably be the best date for the next monthly...if anybody has any objections, speak now before I confirm it with the venue. I'll probably do so towards the end of the week.

:005:

Asa

Smash Hero
19th will be great cuz then i can watch <3

but maybe not cuz i'll be at whobo3

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
So, who won and stuff? I ain't seein' no results anywhere.

Also, might be able to make it for the next monthly, depending on money. So, unconfirmed.

Captain L

Smash Champion
and my flawless record of never teaming with the same person more than once continues.

edit: here

Captain L

Smash Champion
I have been to 8 tournaments. I've teamed with....

Scott (3/8)
Blue Yoshi (7/14 I think)
Asa (4/8 I think)
Crisis (2/4)
Komodo Joe (bad)
Alphicans (1/8)
Bundtcake (4/16)
Michael (2/3)

in order
correct me if I'm wrong. I didn't even find out my placement with Joe because it was definitely not in the top half of results.

Also andy and I are gonna win

Asa

Smash Hero
it was pretty funny when i picked olimar

landon: OLIMAR???? Q.Q

KillLock

Smash Lord
I have been to 8 tournaments. I've teamed with....

Superboom (123456789/123456789)
Fiji (1/bro)
Brad(1/1)

stylin

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
We got 5th in Phoenix 4.
Yeah, 4th went to that scrubby double MK team. Who were they again? Something about the weather...

The only person from Alberta I have teamed with more than once was Colin, before I moved to BC. I've teamed with Sally, Kuraudo (that was a disaster, lol), DTP, Frio, Fiji, and Alphicans (though not in AB :x) once each. In BC, I've teamed with LFL and Marklar once each before me and Breez became static teammates in 2010. Since then, I've teamed with him at every tournament except the ones he wasn't at [teamed with Blunted Object (Flaming Object remains one of my favorite team names
{I'm in this far, so I might as well go deeper </badinceptionjoke>}
) and Komodo Joe in US tournaments, and teamed with SKidd at the last monthly], and Phoenix 4, where he ditched me for Clouderz and got outplaced by me and Alphicans. ^.^ There was also a smashfest about a year ago where I ditched him for Bundtcake in a no-entry bracket just to mix things up. =]

/walkdownmemorylane

:005:

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
My teammate history has been with Matt (talking_chicken) in 2008/2009, until one tournament where me and Mat (Hillary) teamed up and took first, beating A6M_Zero and his brother Yaya (first time they didn't come in first). We then were somewhat permanent teammates until the brawl scene kinda died for the melee scene. Once the brawl scene picked up again, Trevor was more-or-less my permanent teammate in island and mainland tournaments (except for the one he didn't attend, where I teamed with Landon).

As for the only doubles 64 tournament that happened on the island, I teamed with a lvl 9 CPU, and barely won (got knocked out first round to the team who I later faced in the grand finals, and barely squeaked a win).

Top Bottom