• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

T-block

B2B TST
For some strange reason, Gordos are attracted to these primates.

Also you can catch a bomb, but you cant catch a Gordo.

Also you have a 1/500 chance of pulling a bomb.

You have a 1/1 chance of pulling a Gordo in clutch situations.
you can't catch peach's bombs ;)

I forgot who thought Pikachu could misfire but I do remember making fun of him for awhile.
maaaaaan idk how i thought that

shows how much i know about your stupid character

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
-New Wolf main joining us. He needs to post more.
-Peach's Bombs are Sweet!
-Pikachu is broken and needs to be banned. Same goes for Diddy, Olimar, and Falco.

:phone:

Asa

Smash Hero
Hammie isn't necessarily new, but he's finally coming to tournies (i've been reminding him about them for a while lol). He's still more of an AiB'er tho so you'd be better off going there to talk to him

| Big D |

Smash Master
That's complete BS, I know you can catch Peach's bombs, at least if they're throw upwards, but I know I've faced Peach and caught a bomb.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
I couldn't confirm it to you, but I've heard countless times that you cannot catch the bombs.

Maybe you're not remembering properly?

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I seem to recall catching bombs myself as well. And Kev, if it is possible to catch the bomb, I will gladly take that risk. I am confident enough in my abilities to catch items thrown at me.

Actually, while we're on the subject, what items cannot be caught?

Frio

Smash Champion
I tried to catch a Peach bomb once... I'll never forget that horrific moment when it exploded across my face. What was once a realistic feat had gone all wrong; I was at her mercy. Sheer terror ensued. The pink menace was haunting my life. but then i went mk next match and all was kay. up b FTW.

tl;dr pretty sure you cant catch that **** bro.

| Big D |

Smash Master
8. b) Random Pulled Items - The Bob-omb

If you've played a Mario game, chances are you're familiar with this walking bundle of joy. The Bob-omb is similar to a Turnip in that it can be thrown and caught. However, once it hits it's target, it blows up so you can't re catch it...not that you'd want to.

I would seem that Sakurai did something to the Bob-ombs to **** them off, or he just wanted to make them crazier. Compared to the Melee Bob-ombs, these are a LOT more volatile. Not only that, but if you hold onto them for too long, they'll start to rapidly glow red and then explode in your hand. These Bob-ombs are extremely dangerous and make Melee Bob-ombs look like a joke

Bob-omb Statistics:
F Throw: Weak: 31-33% Strong: 35%
KO (Mario - FD Center No DI): 30%+

As you can see, this highly volatile weapon kills Mario at 30% from the center of FD with No DI (not that it would help much). It's insanely powerful.

Don't lose your marbles if you get one though. If your opponent sees it, most likely their number 1 priority will be to avoid it. Take advantage of this but at the same time, watch that one of your opponents attacks don't set the Bob-omb off. If it kills Mario at 30%, it'll kill you at an even lower percent. So if you get a Bob-omb, stay calm, play it safe, don't let it blow up in your hands and if all else fails and things are starting to look bad, throw it away. Avoid Glide Tossing close up with this thing. You'll kick yourself if you get hit as well. And watch out if the Bob-omb hits someones sheild! It will bounce off it, up very slighty and slowly into the air and the explode when it hits someone/the ground. So, to conclude...Use bombs wisely!
This is from the peach guide, I knew I wasn't crazy. I looked for any other mention of it not being able to be caught as well.

Gordos > Bob-ombs

Accidentally posted in that age old thread but it was worth it.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay well luckily I have a backup plan. Taken from the *newer* Peach guide:

Bomb-omb

KO at: 36% [Sideways]
Damage: 31-35%

The bomb-omb is solely the most volatile attack Peach has access to. Able to kill opponents cleanly before 50%, the bomb-omb is both revered and despised - both by opponents and Peach players alike. This comes from the fact that the bomb-omb is still capable of hurting Peach. The bomb is set on a timer, and after 20 seconds it will flash red 17 times and explode. If shielded by an opponent it will bounce off and explode upon hitting the floor. Once thrown it cannot be re-caught.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think you've been cornered... using petty typos to defend yourself.

The meanings are clear.

| Big D |

Smash Master
If you hit someone with a turnip, it bounces off and can be regrabbed.

If it bounces off shield, it can't be regrabbed.

Meaning is pretty clear to me IMO.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
If your claim is true, why is it that the bomb can be caught following the first time it is thrown but subsequent throws of the bomb can not be caught?

| Big D |

Smash Master
Turnips bounce off people and can be recaught.

Same with a Mr. Saturn, Stitchface, and beam sword.

A bob-omb does not share this quality and cannot be recaught like the other special items.

It's a fair question to ask, I hope you understand now.

Off to bball.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
But you can catch a bomb if it doesn't bounce off a shield? :confused:

Because of a silly dispute I feel as if I have no choice but to ask:

If a Bom-omb pulled by Peach is thrown (by her), is there any possibility (considering every possible scenario without alterations to the game) to catch it afterwards?

I ask this because apparently the word "re-caught" gives room for ambiguity...
No. Once you throw the Bom-omb they cannot be re-caught or caught by your opponent(s).
Or you, if you throw it up. The Bob-omb becomes uncatchable as soon as it's thrown. You can drop on on the ground and pick it back up, but the timing for that is really strict, with little reward.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sounds tasty! I've never poached anything besides eggs before.

Just a quick question for Jake...

Is Dec. 10 confirmed? The thread title still says tentative.

| Big D |

Smash Master
I call blasphemy and a widespread conspiracy started by peaches so everybody wouldn't try to get hit by bombs.

If you can drop it and recatch it, you must be able to catch it.

There is no evidence, just people saying you can't do it.

I mean I can free pull so I obviously have more credibility.

LOL
Where's the proof? I demand that you test this with frame advance.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not yet...I shouldn't even be on here right now. >.>

:005:
I guess now we should start taking names to see if there's enough people for a tournament?

Also, new name for monthly please!

I call blasphemy and a widespread conspiracy started by peaches so everybody wouldn't try to get hit by bombs.

If you can drop it and recatch it, you must be able to catch it.

There is no evidence, just people saying you can't do it.

I mean I can free pull so I obviously have more credibility.

LOL
Where's the proof? I demand that you test this with frame advance.
First of all, why would Peaches want people to not be hit by bombs? Second of all, you drop and grab. You can't catch something that's already on the ground.

Looks like I win! :awesome: (because honestly I think it's time I started winning stuff for once!)

wait till GF

let kev pull a bomb

catch it :awesome:
Good idea. :)

| Big D |

Smash Master
They obviously want people not to try catch it.

And if you drop and regrab, that's like throwing it, so it can be caught in the air.

So I win, see I can do it to.
Lol but really lets see how long we can keep this going

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol... the person clearly stated that the bomb has to be on the ground.

Peaches don't need to rely on tomfoolery to win.

Yeah.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You used a bad source which, in the end, hurt you more than anything else.

Submit to the truth that bombs can not be caught.

Captain L

Smash Champion
see if I were trying to catch a bomb I'd probably try with an airdodge anyways, so if it turns out that you can't catch it you just wind up dodging it anyways.

Win win situation.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That would require some good timing and prediction. The bomb flies faster and farther than a turnip. :o

Top Bottom