• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Asa

Smash Hero
for a straight up punish, for your characters you'd be looking at

peach -> grab (dash or otherwise), dash atk, turnip toss/glidetoss

sheik -> needles (best one imo) , dash atk, dacus(most badass )

zelda -> dash atk

or you can try to get a read on their defensive habits, ie spotdodge after expecting you to just rush them

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Would a punish after the Side B is finished be preferred over intercepting the Side B? ...Or is this all situational?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm I really should count myself lucky there's only one Falco in these parts. :(

Diddy Kong and Olimar on the other hand...

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
But I'm free myself so suddenly they aren't that free!

Random Fact: Crisis be prepared to be semi-chain grabbed by my Peach! I've been practising it!

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So Peach has her Nair and Bair to intercept the attack? Sheik has... Needles, Dsmash, and maybe even Chain for multi hit moves. Though admittedly I have been letting my Sheik get rusty. Don't think I have 75-80% consistency with dacus anymore!

I suppose Zelda has Nayru's Love and despite the invincibility frames and transcendent/disjointed hitboxes, it seems Zelda would be hit by the Side B regardless. I dunno, it seems like her up tilt would work since it lasts so long. Her jab is a multihit and is also transcendent and disjointed... would that work?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Yes, if her jab has those properties you should use that to stop sideB. If you just asked the zelda boards they'd tell you the best options to stop it. Also, I don't see why nayru's love wouldn't work.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol Zelda boards. It's really inactive these days. :(

I dunno I noticed Nayru's just loves letting moves get in and hit Zelda despite having these transcendent hitboxes:

And just in case... taken from the Zelda guide!!!

Startup Frames: 1-13
Hitbox Active: 13, 16, 19, 22, 25, 28 (6 hits)
FAF: 60
Invincibility: 5-12
Reflects: 5-42
Fresh Damage: 1.05/2.1/1.05 (first 5 hits), 5.25/4.2/3.15 (final hit)
Advantage on Block: -39, -36, -33, -30, -27, -23 (normal shield drop) / -46, -43, -40, -37, -34, -30 (jump/grab oos)

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
my pokemon codes need to be a little more complex then....

:016: :144: :099: :011: :003: :024: :168:

requires some math
I don't expect anyone to get it by the way
So you made a code written in pokemon that you don't expect anybody else to be able to interpret...

mad dorky imo

the method was
1. turn around
2. shield/powershield the phantasm
3. punish

i've told you this method before but a vid would be helpful too imo
You understand, of course, why my advice didn't include any of this~

BTW, the date has been confirmed for the 10th! There was another seemingly large event posted to their website for the Saturday and Sunday a few days ago, but they expect that we'll have room to do our thing regardless, so no conflicts! They also asked for a write-up with a schedule/rules/etc; it seems they've been hearing talk about people looking for Brawl, so hopefully we'll see some new faces! While we're at it, here's a link to their FB page. The Melee tournament was posted there, so I'd guess we'll probably see Brawl info coming up soon, so get that Like button ready!

One last thing; I'm hoping lightning won't strike twice, and I'll be able to run everything relatively on time this time, meaning we'll hopefully be able to have a side event. I'm thinking we try AllBrawl this time. If you're not aware, it's basically random stages, random characters, all items on, 4 player free for all. I see several benefits to running this: it sounds hilarious, people were basically doing it after singles last time anyway, I want some practice for when I enter AllBrawl at Apex (:awesome:), and best of all, it seems like a great fit seeing how we'll likely be seeing a bunch of new players this time around.

Thoughts~?

:005:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
What are we going to do about the ruleset? Should we discuss on a permanent set of rules (including MK's legitimacy) now since it is being requested by the venue?

AllBrawl is scaring me. I tried D3 recently, and I don't even know how to recover with him! If I end up getting him... :(

Everybody be prepared to get Bomb'd and kicked (in more ways than one!) on the 10th!

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
What are we going to do about the ruleset? Should we discuss on a permanent set of rules (including MK's legitimacy) now since it is being requested by the venue?

AllBrawl is scaring me. I tried D3 recently, and I don't even know how to recover with him! If I end up getting him... :(

Everybody be prepared to get Bomb'd and kicked (in more ways than one!) on the 10th!
It was moreso the schedule that they wanted. I didn't give anything about the ruleset, aside from MK being banned, as that's kind of important. I just gave them a link to this thread if they want more info.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Okay sounds good.

I feel as if it's my sworn duty to inform you all that Pictochat is not legal in the Unity rules.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
There is a foosball tournament going on outside the computer labs right now. Not only do they have the table set-up and roped off for spectators, but they have a trophy, a camera set-up overlooking the table (which connects to a frigging projector), and sound system set up for a commentator.

So much hype!

Asa

Smash Hero
There is a foosball tournament going on outside the computer labs right now. Not only do they have the table set-up and roped off for spectators, but they have a trophy, a camera set-up overlooking the table (which connects to a frigging projector), and sound system set up for a commentator.

So much hype!

How are the matches?

:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I'll MM! Loser wins the pot though!

Jo Dan AND Adam Gagan are comingggg to the tourney!!! Whoever they are!

Confirm me in your mind... because it's Facebook. I will also go into severe depression if this Seth Wright character, who has confirmed coming, does not show up.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Jake, you have a contradiction in your post. MK is banned, so anytime I money match someone, I will instantly lose since I am using a banned character. So that said, wouldn't everyone want to money match me? It's free money, and they win before their first input in game 1.

Edit: and therefore Kev, your post also has a contradiction. Me using MK means I instantly lose, thereby winning the pot.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Legitimate question for this tournament:

If someone were to go random, and Meta Knight is selected, what happens? Does the player get to use MK for that game? Does the player instantly lose for randomly getting MK? Do the players re-random the character?

What if both players go random and both get MK?

If re-random is what will happen, what if both players go random and one gets MK? Do they both re-random, or does the one player stay the same character he got?

I am saying this is significant because there are pools this tournament. Oh, and odds are I will likely face Dawson at some point this tournament. ;)

Drake12

Smash Ace
Lol, what a question. I'll see if I'm able to go, if I can I'll bring back my minus (hype??)
I love me some minus, even if friggin Landon pushed my **** in last time.

Have you guys ever considererd a permanent facebook group? I've said it a few times to people. Toronto and NS have one...and idk if its to late in the game, but it helped both places get people. I wouldn't be a part of smash without my facebook group...same with a good four or five of our PR members.

Newbies have no reason to go on smashboards and try and hunt down a community is all. Smashboards is great for getting all sorts of players that knowabout the game and to connect better.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
That's a really good idea Aaron! I also support a BC Brawl group Skype!

Drake12

Smash Ace
That's a really good idea Aaron! I also support a BC Brawl group Skype!
thanks man! I put some thought into that, it's just that facebook is very universal and user friendly while SWF isn't. I'm just hoping that the game isn't to late along, and people now need to request to join instead of joining up.
Skype BC brawl group would be cool, never tried it :p

Captain L

Smash Champion
oh yeah I joined that group!

I sincerely apologize for not being able to make this event, and possibly preventing Skidd from attending.

Lol at Kevin's post regarding Seth Wright.

Top Bottom