• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Lol you read that as serious...

But ganon's dsmash has been known to gimp oli at 0% in my exp.

But in all seriousness, a grab near the ledge by any character has high potential to kill oli at 0%, especially from MK.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
The issue mostly is that olimar has to go to the ledge asap. You know what the final outcome is, you just don't know how he's going to get there. If you read him perfectly, and have good decision making skills and great reflexes, killing oli at 0% is not out of the question.

Oli isn't the only one who suffers from this, but is the only top tier who does.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden

But yeah once you've got the ledge just don't get Uaired.

Oli's so fun though, especially in dubs. Oh man my wifi Oli was stylin last night.

BC pocketing Oli could happen asa no lie

Asa

Smash Hero
Lol you read that as serious...

But ganon's dsmash has been known to gimp oli at 0% in my exp.

But in all seriousness, a grab near the ledge by any character has high potential to kill oli at 0%, especially from MK.
Ok let's cut the dancing around the tree bull****

i got gimped by alphicans ganon at low percents from a dsmash on yoshi's island a couple weeks ago on wifi. my life is in shambles.

but yeah @ arcansi - olimar's recovery is hella predictable, thus easy to prepare for and prevent him from getting back on :/

@ sinister - who's your favorite character to partner with as oli?

Asa

Smash Hero
i don't think judgement hammer will kill at 0.. don't they need to have some sort of percent?

bob-omb doesn't kill at 0

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Well I dunno, I'm just pulling out stuff to answer his question. Depending on your location on the stage, wouldn't both of those moves KO, haha?

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Judgement at 0% on olimar at the edge might kill. It definitely would if he was on the SV platform.

@Arcansi: What's your point? Perfecting MK (I am guessing that's what you mean and are just failing trying to be funny) is a much more complicated task. They aren't really comparable except for the fact that both are doable.

EDIT: Sorry for ruining your life asa :/.

Oh and I get hostile towards you arcansi because you made this into a debate for no ****ing reason. It's so dumb.

Asa

Smash Hero
gimping olimar is also part of the matchup. if you can't gimp him, you're not gonna win often

and it'sk, alphie, it was funny for both of us~

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden

Probably like Snake or Wario asa

but MK Oli is broken

honestly can't remember who my partner went when we did so well but i sure farmed those Yellows & Purples like a boss

Arcansi

Smash Champion
@Arcansi: What's your point? Perfecting MK (I am guessing that's what you mean and are just failing trying to be funny) is a much more complicated task. They aren't really comparable except for the fact that both are doable.

EDIT: Sorry for ruining your life asa :/.

Oh and I get hostile towards you arcansi because you made this into a debate for no ****ing reason. It's so dumb.
But they both fit under your description, and that's where they're comparable. Within your description killing oli at 0% could be just as hard as perfecting M2K (and that's what I meant.) Which means it says nothing about the difficulty of such a task.

I don't understand why you seem to dislike debates. They promote intelligence and are usually pretty good until people get hostile.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Arcansi, it's because this is a social/tournament thread. Debates don't belong in threads like this one.

Sinister, did you really pick up Olimar? (Yay, more Olimars to hopefully destroy!)

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
It's not even that, it's that you turn things that are half-jokes and don't need to be debated into debates. Seriously brah.

Haven't really picked him up Kev, I just know a few tricks thanks to playing some pro Oli's

I did pick up someone else though

Alphicans

Smash Hero
But they both fit under your description, and that's where they're comparable. Within your description killing oli at 0% could be just as hard as perfecting M2K (and that's what I meant.) Which means it says nothing about the difficulty of such a task.

I don't understand why you seem to dislike debates. They promote intelligence and are usually pretty good until people get hostile.
First off I enjoy debates if they are warranted.

Also you haven't really told me why they are comparable...

Building a kinder surprise toy could be as difficult as building a spaceship, but they aren't. They are only comparable at the level that they both require to be built and that they are both possible. Gimping olimar at 0% and mastering MK are comparable in that they are both doable, but mastering MK takes numerous skills (including gimping oli at 0%), while gimping oli at 0% takes less skill.

Captain L

Smash Champion
some people just don't like debates.

Please don't argue with me about why debates are good.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I debate that I like debates more than you

I mean really, anything is debatable

Ganon is sure masturdebatable

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
But any normal person's common sense would differentiate those two points. Theoretically, Falcon could be top tier because he can just predict his opponents and never get hit, & ignore his flaws.

Things aren't always black and white.

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Perhaps you're missing the point? I'll spell it out one last time.

Gimping olimar at 0% takes a set amount of skills, and is doable.
Mastering MK takes more skills (like actual number of skills), and is doable.

My point is to claim that they are comparable is ridiculous because this reasoning could be applied to anything. Maybe you forgot what this conversation is about in the first place?...

EDIT: also... "Social interactions also don't always involve talking." What are you getting at? You're right in saying this, but I don't see how it helps you in any way.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
You need to know when certain social interactions are appropriate. In a somewhat light hearted thread like this one, it's probably best to save your debates for somewhere else.

In the end, you're causing everybody aggravation debating about things nobody besides you want to debate.

@Above Isn't Mr. Sinister that weird villain from X-Men lol... that guy was freaky.

SKidd

Smash Master
Zelda has some pretty huge **** in Kevin's picture thing.

Anyone wanna bet me that Link has a stiffy?

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Is was to my knowledge he always did and that's why he could never talk because he was mildy embarassed and not sure if anyone else could notice

But yeah Mr.Sinister was from X-men too, I totally forgot lol

Top Bottom