• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

T-block

B2B TST
good thing i took that course in static mechanics
and retained none of it

not sure what kind of paper you're using, or the specifications of the design, but if you can use arcs, i think they can strengthen your bridge by quite a bit

Alphicans

Smash Hero
Oh physics. I got 80% on this midterm once and wanted help with what I got wrong. The prof said I was stupid, hopeless at physics, and that I didn't deserve my mark because the TA was generous with my marks. I never went to anybody's office hours since, and have since hated physics with a passion.

Not sure what Standard truss is but I heard that the triangle is the most stable geometric shape...
I would've done something about this lol. Profs like that should be fired.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I would've done something about this lol. Profs like that should be fired.
I was pretty shaken up but I left with 80%, which is a miracle considering it's physics. I don't have the heart to report a prof. :x

Kantrip

Kantplay
The bridge only needs to be able to hold 5kg. After that the winner is determined by the lightest bridge that can hold 5kg.

I'm fairly sure we need to use standard white computer paper. Not sure how well a full-on half-circle arch will work with that, but we are planning on using diagonal beams. Kind of like this:
.________
/_\_/_\_/_\

Pretty sure rolling the paper up is the best way to reinforce it, so the biggest challenge is attaching members together.

LOL Dawson! Braden would :p

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I have a friend who graduated from an Architectural Science program... should I text him or is that going too far lol?

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
I was pretty shaken up but I left with 80%, which is a miracle considering it's physics. I don't have the heart to report a prof. :x
I would probably be hesitant to report him as well if I were in the same situation, but they shouldn't be able to get away with stuff like this. The was I see it, you're probably not the only person he's done something like that to (especially if he's willing to say that to somebody who got an 80%...). Reporting him could prevent someone from having to go through the same thing down the line.

It's depressing how little some profs care... =/

:005:

Kantrip

Kantplay
Doooooo ittttttttt

:p

Seriously if you want to that would be amazing. I will colour triforces onto the bridge in your honour kevin :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Not gonna text him.
I'm gonna call him instead.

Edit: Not picking up... :(

And it's okay guys. The incident with the prof happened years ago, and she is actually a decent lecturer. She probably was having a bad day or something.

Maybe this video can illustrate a good design for a bridge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtUZcIDrwoo

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Kevin that bridge in that video is amazing.

I can't really understand it from seeing it though. I don't really understand how it was made or anything. Also I appreciate the help, thank you!! :)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Sigh I really should carry my phone around with me at home too :/

Friend called me three times, and I missed them. I called him back, and he missed the call.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So... triangles are the way to go. Ideally you'll want a triangular structure (sides of the bridge) both above and below the bridge (which doubles the exponent of something... lol). Also, try to arc the triangular structure above the bridge similar to the Patullo Bridge... Rolling up the paper is ideal, although it might be a little heavy.

Crisis

Smash Ace
I think it'll be pretty different. Top 3 at least. Jake won game 5 LF with mk, Jason beat drake with mk, and there's no pikachu. So I'm winning. :awesome:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I think it'll be pretty different. Top 3 at least. Jake won game 5 LF with mk, Jason beat drake with mk, and there's no pikachu. So I'm winning. :awesome:
Not if my newest char has anything to say about it... or not :(

(looks at matchup chart and picks somebody that beats Falco)

:phone:

Asa

Smash Hero
kev, focus less on a character that just beats falco and become knowledgeable with a character :)

although for the record pika does well

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Upon looking at the MU chart... there's only two bad matchups! Ban Falco!

I'm not going to pick a char because it does well against Falco :p.
:phone:

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Hm, I already main Sheilda. Don't think I need another many-characters-in-one character so somebody else will have to pick up Pokemon Trainer.

SKidd

Smash Master
I feel pretty
oh so pretty

who can take me to the tourney on the 10th???

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
I might try my new pocket on you Crisis, prepare for ****

or you know just SDI that damn spike

i'm making bank next Tourney js
no SD --> SD combos

Captain L

Smash Champion
Pokemon trainer is so cooooool

I'd pick him up if I wasn't like, impaired with secondaries

| Big D |

Smash Master
I didn't realize that was the main theme, I thought it was just for the E3 trailer a while back. I like that they kept it.

Also, I'm winning, I got a character for each of you -_ o

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Lol... gotta admit I'm not exactly scared then. All characters in the game minus two are counters to Zelda.

Top Bottom