• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada [Jul 26, 2014] B.C. Brawl Monthlies - Back in business, now featuring Smash 64! (Burnaby, BC)

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Time for a Smashfest and/or Monthly to practise our new mains/secondaries!

*Dropped Zelda for Sheilda a few weeks ago officially (if that counts)*

Kantrip

Kantplay
what's the general strat for when to switch? When they're in kill percent go to zelda? Switch after you die in your invincibility frames?

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
^Blasphemer. Excommunication from the "Temple". In all seriousness, don't drop her!!! Gotta rep our favourite princess!

what's the general strat for when to switch? When they're in kill percent go to zelda? Switch after you die in your invincibility frames?
Um, I switch when I feel like it (not really for strategic value unless a Zelderp USmash can kill) and there's a good chance to transform without dying. One way is to transform once you respawn. Spam Zelda's smashes -> Transform and Sheik's Dacus -> Transform works for me.

Hateeee how inconsistent my Sheik's Dacus is. Somebody teach me how!!

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I don't wanna drop her, 'cause she is my best, and I actually think she's really good, I'm just scared of making her look bad.

Next tourney I am at (No idea when that will be) we can do that, Trevor.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I don't wanna drop her, 'cause she is my best, and I actually think she's really good, I'm just scared of making her look bad.
Hm what tournament did you go to? As far as I know you did an awesome job at repping her at Phoenix 6! If anything, it's me who's making her look bad. :(

): probably not

don't even know what to do at the border...
-Give passport to officer
-Declare reason for going
-Declare general amount of goods purchased on the return trip

Also, be prepared to wait in line for a very long time.

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
I've been to pretty much every tournament. But I choked in losers at Phoenix 6, though I was pleased with my pools performance. And I got 5th at the monthly before Phoenix 6.

I also won low tiers at that monthly.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I've been to pretty much every tournament. But I choked in losers at Phoenix 6, though I was pleased with my pools performance. And I got 5th at the monthly before Phoenix 6.

I also won low tiers at that monthly.
You're actually *that* good with Zelda. It seems to me that you're kind of debating whether or not to drop Zelda in your head. As a Zelda pal, I'd say keep on reppin' her but no pressure if you want to switch. Do what you need to do to keep yourself happy coz that's what's most important. :)

Kantrip

Kantplay
Also, keep playing Zelda. You rock with her. She doesn't have to be your only or even your main character, though.

Asa

Smash Hero
crisis, let me drive your car. i've got a full license

and i'm a better driver :p

_GrapE_

Smash Lord
Well, I use Falco for Diddy and Olimar, since I like those matchups better. I wanna rep Zelda and make her look good though. I will probably keep playing Zelda, but unless I pick up the slack, I may switch.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Stay Zelda, i'm gonna try Falcon for awhile.

Along with Wolf

If I keep playing Smash lol

Crisis

Smash Ace
lool

am i even allowed to cross at 18 without parental consent?
that also means i'll have to ask, which will probably mean nooo

don't count ont it.. :(

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
I just don't want people to be all "Oh, Zelda, of course she placed low" When really it was my fault for not being on my A game.
Isn't that better than say you doing badly with MK? Zelda doesn't fare too well against the other characters to begin with; the fact you do well with her is a testament to your skill in the game. Like was said earlier, you could just make Zelda your secondary.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah, I'd rather own with a low tier sometimes and get wrecked at others than have the same happen as a high tier. :(

Johns when you lose, bragging right when you win.

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Oh aiight that's sick

If you have room for me maybe i could steal a ride with you guys, i'd pitch gas money obvs

I need to figure out my passport **** first though, so if someone else wants my spot/no room for me, it's all good

Crisis

Smash Ace
waaitt it's this saturday?

no go for me :/ my parents need the car this week, which was why i got the car last sat

for some reason i thought it was the next saturday

SinisterB

Smash Champion
Slippi.gg
SINS#333
NNID
shadymaiden
Wow I derped too LOL

I thought the 1st wasn't till like Sunday or something

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Wow, everyone is dropping their character and picking someone else up. I guess I should do the same.

I am dropping my main of random (minus Meta Knight) to Meta Knight. BEHOLD MY POWER!!!

@ those who are considering dropping their mains: Just do what I/Brian/others do. In matchups you absolutely hate with your character, use a secondary (kind-of what like Caiden is doing with Zelda/Falco). If you use a secondary for your bad matchups, or matchups you hate, you'll be good to go. There is more reason than the title of being a random main for me and Brian to use several characters in tournament. You don't need to entirely drop your character, or even use the same character alone all tournament, just use several.

Asa

Smash Hero
so i have a car now.. who wants to go to gc..

right now it's tentatively
asa
jj
sam
(2 more)

first come first serve

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
@ those who are considering dropping their mains: Just do what I/Brian/others do. In matchups you absolutely hate with your character, use a secondary (kind-of what like Caiden is doing with Zelda/Falco). If you use a secondary for your bad matchups, or matchups you hate, you'll be good to go. There is more reason than the title of being a random main for me and Brian to use several characters in tournament. You don't need to entirely drop your character, or even use the same character alone all tournament, just use several.
Hm, what do you do if all hate all matchups and don't want to use MK? :(

Top Bottom