• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Linkje

Smash Lord
happy birthday to me.
happy birthday to me.
happy birthday dear Faaaaaab
happy birthday to me.

18 year ftw ^_^

Ps: Piisuke is getting his wished result, getting people to argue with him like we are used to :laugh:
Gongratzz master.

LPU is Just another word for CPU
the only thing that is different is the L=C They both are imaginary :p

Edit: jeffrey sla amstel in daar zitten superpingels bij.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Ik sla niks in, je kan drinken kopen bij de venue zelf (en op zaterdag ook in et winkelcentrum zoals ik in de eerste post heb gezet) :)

Comp: I would first arrange housing, then check which airport is the closest :p
But for a lot people it's probably just Schiphol. I'm not even sure if the other airports fly intercontinental :/
You know anything about Wes and Kubuu yet btw? Are they coming or not?

Yuna: A one-way ticket from Eindhoven to Den Bosch is only €5,30. So it would be kinda stupid to complain about something like that XD

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
I will look into Schiphol. I can fly into EIN and AMS either one will not cost me that much. DA still isn't sure they are coming, we have other issues we have to resolve 1st. now....housing...I want to stay with AMSAH!!!!!!!!!!!! he's black plus he wants to go to the red light district!

Piisuke

Smash Ace
happy birthday to me.
happy birthday to me.
happy birthday dear Faaaaaab
happy birthday to me.

18 year ftw ^_^

Ps: Piisuke is getting his wished result, getting people to argue with him like we are used to :laugh:
Congrats man <3 =).
And yes, I am here to piss people off, which is always working x'D

It's used in fencing alone because fencing uses French words. I'm sure there are other sports that use French words out there, but not all sports do. And none of the sports who don't use the spelling "poule" (which doesn't matter anyway because you Dutchies are using "poul").

Hey, you know what, in Golf, they use "Fore!". I'm suuuuuuuuure every other sport uses it!
Dear god, I don't recall I am talking Russian here. I'll try it one more time, cause to me it seems you are oblivious to basic English or so.

Aswell as pool as poule are used in English, not everywhere, not every sport, BUT both are used, for example in fencing.
Yes, fencing uses French terms, cause it is a bloody French sport, BUT also in English it is used aswell as pool and I am sure there are other sports.

And in Dutch it is poule and not poul, so I don't know where you got that information from.

And fore is a term specifically made for Golf, so now you are just acting like...well like you always do..a ******.

Yuna said:
Which means nothing since it's not used as a substitute for "pool", hence, it's not applicable when it comes to Smash (or any other videogame for that matter).
No...really!?!? Maybe the two words happen to mean EXACTLY the same, only spelling is diffirent...dear god, talk about being oblivious.
Also, why is it not applicable..? Because it is a videogame? You are talking complete garbage, fruity boy. Come with a VERY good reason why people can't use poule next to pool.

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
I will look into Schiphol. I can fly into EIN and AMS either one will not cost me that much. DA still isn't sure they are coming, we have other issues we have to resolve 1st. now....housing...I want to stay with AMSAH!!!!!!!!!!!! he's black plus he wants to go to the red light district!
Racist....... :p Mwuahaha

Edit: Congratz Faab ^^

shoe

Smash Ace
Jeffrey er komen ook engelsen dus heb je al bier ingeslagen? Aangezien jij alles al maanden van te voren doet. ZO niet sla AMSTEL in!. Zorg ook dat je een grote koelkast heb zodat het wel koud is.
This was by FAR the most useful message in this entire topic, I'd like to eloborate on it, Amstel FTW!

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Hahaha thats all good ;p
Schiphol is closest to my house, just so you know ^_^

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Roxanne, you don't have to put on the red light
Those days are over
You don't have to sell your body to the night
Roxanne, you don't have to wear that dress tonight
Walk the streets for money
You don't care if it's wrong or if it's right

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Dear god, I don't recall I am talking Russian here. I'll try it one more time, cause to me it seems you are oblivious to basic English or so.

Aswell as pool as poule are used in English, not everywhere, not every sport, BUT both are used, for example in fencing.
Yes, fencing uses French terms, cause it is a bloody French sport, BUT also in English it is used aswell as pool and I am sure there are other sports.

And in Dutch it is poule and not poul, so I don't know where you got that information from.

And fore is a term specifically made for Golf, so now you are just acting like...well like you always do..a ******.

No...really!?!? Maybe the two words happen to mean EXACTLY the same, only spelling is diffirent...dear god, talk about being oblivious.
Also, why is it not applicable..? Because it is a videogame? You are talking complete garbage, fruity boy. Come with a VERY good reason why people can't use poule next to pool.
Fencing uses "Poule" (the FRENCH word), not the English word. It's simply a sport which uses French words. It doesn't make "Poule" an English word! And it doesn't matter if a sport or two uses it, we don't use is (as in us Smashers, when talking about pools), which I have already stated.

Well, then every Dutch person in this thread is obviously a moron because most of them have been using "poul", obviously a mispelling of "pool".

Hey, go look up what other sports use "Poule". I bet it's one, two more, tops. Lacrosse possibly, because it's French to begin with.

Do you know the meaning of the word "oblivious"?

It cannot be used because it's not proper English! Just because it's used in fencing (which is using the French word, BTW. Do you get it? It's still a French word, they just happen to use it in fencing) doesn't make it right to use in any other context, especially not as an alternate spelling to "Pool".

The fencers use it, fine. Nobody else does it (except possibly one or two other sports). Just because they use it doesn't mean it's right to use in any contex outside of fencing. Especially not while claiming it's an alternate spelling to pool for the English language.

What are you, a moron? It's obvious it's the French word being used, not some kind of elusive alternate spelling. You yourself admit Fore is only used in golf. Is it so hard for you grasp that Poule is most probably only used in fencing?

And, again, NOT alternate spelling. Completely 100% French word.

BTW, do you speak French? "Poule" is not pronounced the same way as "Pool". So it's more than just the spelling that's different.

rensie nr1

Smash Journeyman
This was by FAR the most useful message in this entire topic, I'd like to eloborate on it, Amstel FTW!

Heb je geleze wat hij zei? We moeten het zelf maar gaan halen... De klootzak. Als wij het moeten halen is het niet koud. Schoen zeg er is wat van... Dit kan niet.

Cypher

Smash Apprentice
Fencing uses "Poule" (the FRENCH word), not the English word. It's simply a sport which uses French words. It doesn't make "Poule" an English word! And it doesn't matter if a sport or two uses it, we don't use is (as in us Smashers, when talking about pools), which I have already stated.

Well, then every Dutch person in this thread is obviously a moron because most of them have been using "poul", obviously a mispelling of "pool".

Hey, go look up what other sports use "Poule". I bet it's one, two more, tops. Lacrosse possibly, because it's French to begin with.

It cannot be used because it's not proper English! Just because it's used in fencing (which is using the French word, BTW. Do you get it? It's still a French word, they just happen to use it in fencing) doesn't make it right to use in any other context, especially not as an alternate spelling to "Pool".

The fencers use it, fine. Nobody else does it (except possibly one or two other sports). Just because they use it doesn't mean it's right to use in any contex outside of fencing. Especially not while claiming it's an alternate spelling to pool for the English language.

What are you, a moron? It's obvious it's the French word being used, not some kind of elusive alternate spelling. You yourself admit Fore is only used in golf. Is it so hard for you grasp that Poule is most probably only used in fencing?

BTW, do you speak French? "Poule" is not pronounced the same way as "Pool". So it's more than just the spelling that's different.
Oo mij God, hoe gifs a fak about det

Doraki

Smash Lord
if pool is "poul" in dutch I don't see the problem about using it in dutch sentences

*note to self : shout on yuna whenever he uses things like "voila", "rendezvous", "boutique" etc etc*

jeffzor, lemme guess the 5 people you're housing : me, jd, cj, boo, and makenshi ?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
if pool is "poul" in dutch I don't see the problem about using it in dutch sentences

*note to self : shout on yuna whenever he uses things like "voila", "rendezvous", "boutique" etc etc*

jeffzor, lemme guess the 5 people you're housing : me, jd, cj, boo, and makenshi ?
The point is that they're using it in English sentences.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
aigh here is my flight info everybody! I land at Amsterdam, Netherlands (Schiphol ) at8:20 am on Friday the 1st of December. I leave Amsterdam (Schiphol) at 1:25 Pm on Monday Dec. 4th. Any other info people need...LET ME KNOW! How cold does it get over there during that time period....??? How much money do you people think I need? And where can i get a HASH BROWNIE?

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's Amsterdam. I'm assuming you can get it anywhere.

New Jersey and Holland are pretty much aligned on the world map, so I'd say it gets as in New Jersey (in other words, bring a sweater or a jacket or both).

How much money you need is entirely dependant on how often you plan on eating hash brownies and going to the Red light disctrict. Holland is generally cheaper than Sweden...

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
The point is that they're using it in English sentences.
So what? I like the word Poul and we all keep saying Poul for eternity :p

Poul Poul Poul *english sentence* Poul Poul Poul *english sentence* etc.
lalalalala

What does it matter? Really? Don't you have a life or something. We all make Grammer/spelling mistakes. It is the same that some english people use: me instead of my in some sentences. Do you have me bag?
Maybe i am wrong but that is something you can't change to. The same for this. We are dutch, we are stuborn :p

Pouliedepoulediepoel :)

shoe

Smash Ace
Please everyone STFU about poels, Piisuke is just attempting to annoy all of you, and he does a good job at that. Let us now focus on more important manners, like having cold beer! Maybe I will bring some Alfa to let you all taste the best beer in Limburg!

Piisuke

Smash Ace

You have now made it to the level of complete random idiot. I NEVER said it was an English word, it is USED in English, learn how to read English instead of saying I poule is not proper English, cause it is. It is used in the English language, because the English language has many words that mean the same, also borrows words from other languages, such as he dutch do with many words.

If you don't want to believe it, fine then be a little ******** and don't believe it. I gave you prove, also my gf who studies English literature says it is used, I never claimed it is very common, but it IS used, now shut up about it being incorrect, cause if it is used (no matter the sport) it is correct, Fencing uses it.

If it was incorrect, then it wouldn't be used, it is as simple as that.

Fore isn't used in ANY other sport, cause it was designed for Golf. Poule is a common French word, so that is your idiot talk again, thinking you have a point, but you don't. Yes, I know how to pronounce poule, you know hwy? Cuase I have many French speaking colleagues at work and they said it was poule, the same way as pool is pronounced, so again...you're talking garbage.

And for the last time, I already told you COUNTLESS times, it is a French word, you are just too stupid to read that and keep claiming I didn't said that. I said it is USED in the English language.

I still don't get it why you are so aggressive in this, I mean I have given you proofs and all you do is random talk, so I don't know why I even bother to waste my time on you, cause you're not making a point, other then random idiotness and crap, which is what you usually do.

Oh and yes Yuna, it is used in English sentences, but if you use LAtin words, such as via or aquaduct. is tyhat incorrect too..? I guess we all should stick to our specified English/Ducth/Swedish language then, no more borrowed words, so since we dutchies don't have a dutch word for computer...what should we use then? Cause according to your logic it is incorrect to use words from other languages into your own language.

Rinda, it doesn't show me your oh so high intellect if you say in a rather utterly random post "pwned noobs" or whatever it was.

Joanna Dark

Smash Ace
Yuna, nothing personnal, but you should stop giving people the bat so they can hit you... seriously >_>
french ownz btw ^^.
poule poule poule ! (it also means "chicken" in french XD).
I talked to makenshi a few days ago, he's still plannning to come, and he told me he would come with Niam ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom