• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Lol, sounds like too big of an big ego _O-
Anyway, I'll put you and Pinky on the list. And you won't get on the reservelist, because you are bringing a tv :)
(for everybody who doesn't understand, he already e-mailed me before posting this :p)

Piisuke

Smash Ace
It doesn't matter if it's the correct spelling in Dutch because you're using it when speaking English!

It's as ******** as saying "You know, what, Piisuke, you're a big dô` ngô´c because you kan inte tala English without throwing in palabras holandés. Obviously, tu ne peux pas ecriver anglais correctement fordi du bruker Hollendske ord hele tida!"

And after reading your defense about "poule" being a homonym to "pool":
Did you know that what stars you can se (<-- Swedish (see)) depend on where in the world you är (<-- Swedish (are)). My katt (<-- Swedish (cat)) it has tre (three) edges, three edges has my katt.

In Swedish, "Lejon" (a lot like "Leion") sounds a lot like "Lion". Incidentally, it also means "Lion".

Piisuke, did you know that fencing uses French words? Or do you seriously think Attack au Fer, Bout, Coquille, Coulé, Coupé and Plaqué are English words?
Yuna, you need to read my posts better. You were the one saying poule is incorrect in ANY way possible, I was simply telling you it is correct in dutch, as well as French.

I also said WHY that mistake is common, I never said it was correct to mix these two up, EVEN though it is correct, as it was used on an ENGLISH site and they explained it with the words Pool (poule): a group, blah blah blah.

Now of course fencing uses French words, god**** Yuna, it is a French sport, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?
But hey, you are the god of English and that is just an English fencing site, why listen to them, right?

Seriously, you are not making any sense, you are assuming I said things I never did.

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
Hi everybody,
I'm new here and if everything is correct i will be fight in this tournament (under the name ace). Now i know you are going to kick my *ss, but I'll give you a **** hard time trying ;).

btw. any people in zuid-holland/Rotterdam whom i can practice killing???
lol i smell ATM :p

which is, the most awesome south holland crew ever, of course.
well just add me, ed_oranje@hotmail.com
we can work sth out.

so
EK
how about a frikandel-match then? :p

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Yuna, you need to read my posts better. You were the one saying poule is incorrect in ANY way possible, I was simply telling you it is correct in dutch, as well as French.

I also said WHY that mistake is common, I never said it was correct to mix these two up, EVEN though it is correct, as it was used on an ENGLISH site and they explained it with the words Pool (poule): a group, blah blah blah.

Now of course fencing uses French words, god**** Yuna, it is a French sport, WHAT ARE YOU THINKING!?!?
But hey, you are the god of English and that is just an English fencing site, why listen to them, right?

Seriously, you are not making any sense, you are assuming I said things I never did.
Omg, please SHUT UP! >_>
We all now know that

Poul = dutch
Pool = english

And it means exactly the same :)
Are ya'll happy now?
Good :)

Now start talking smash things, anything that is not related to Pool/Poul please,
Thank you :)

Thank you again for listening to my post :)

lol i smell ATM :p

which is, the most awesome south holland crew ever, of course.
well just add me, ed_oranje@hotmail.com
we can work sth out.

so
EK
how about a frikandel-match then? :p
I'll do a KM with you born :)
KM = Kroket Macth rofl :p

Piisuke

Smash Ace
ZN Freak, you shut up yourself. On the last page is a link I posted which said BOTH are correct in English. Now, if I am so wrong, why does that site use both words then?

I also asked my girlfriend, who is English, and I asked her what the correct spelling was, she studies English and she told me that both are correct, so all you swedes + kone, HAHAHAHA *cough*.

Who are you to tell people what to do.

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
ZN Freak, you shut up yourself. On the last page is a link I posted which said BOTH are correct in English. Now, if I am so wrong, why does that site use both words then?

I also asked my girlfriend, who is English, and I asked her what the correct spelling was, she studies English and she told me that both are correct, so all you swedes + kone, HAHAHAHA *cough*.

Well ok, it can be used both. I don't care, I will write Poul even if it was wrong :p
now we al can talk smash again :)

KM anyone? :p

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
pool
/pul/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pool] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun
1. a small body of standing water; pond.
2. a still, deep place in a stream.
3. any small collection of liquid on a surface: a pool of blood.
4. a puddle.
5. swimming pool.
6. a subterranean accumulation of oil or gas held in porous and permeable sedimentary rock

Thats deffinatly not it...I'lls tick with poul/poule >_>

FireMan.EXE

Smash Journeyman
I'm all for beermatches and kroketmatches! But with a different rule: the loser get's the beer/kroket! I'm all set then! XD

*really, really, really needs to find a practice partner, CPU's just won't cut it*

*edit*

Thank you Amsah, we all know dictionary.com Is ALWAYS right! XP

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
Yaay @ Jeffz0r
@ Exalador having the best europeans over at your tourney is GREAT news.

and nvm

Pool \Pool\, n. [F. poule, properly, a hen. See Pullet.] [Written also poule.] 1. The stake played for in certain games of cards, billiards, etc.; an aggregated stake to which each player has contributed a snare; also, the receptacle for the stakes.

To form pools or a pool: The receding tide pooled in hollows along the shore.
7. to form a pool.

both seem to be correct.

Exalador

Smash Lord
lol amsah :) i was just kidding... i cant wait to play against a lot of top players :D or see them in action, even though i will probably lose every single match against each and everyone of them ^^

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer

I might've been incorrect about "poule" meaning pool in Dutch and French (but seriously, who cares about that), but you are incorrect in using that English site because the world "Poule" in that context is still French! And you yourself admit fencing uses French words. So what's so hard to grasp about the fact that "Poule" in fencing is French?

Doesn't matter if the site is in English. I can create a site where it says "Moron = Piisuke".

What are you, a moron? Fencing uses French terms (as well as English terms). The only reason why "poule" is on that site is because it's the French term being used.

Now, I asked my dictionary and it has no entry for "poule" (or "poul"). It doesn't even mention "poule" (or anything else for that matter) as an alternate spelling of "Pool".

Hey, your girlfriend studies English. I'm studying to become an English teacher.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yaay @ Jeffz0r
@ Exalador having the best europeans over at your tourney is GREAT news.

and nvm

Pool \Pool\, n. [F. poule, properly, a hen. See Pullet.] [Written also poule.] 1. The stake played for in certain games of cards, billiards, etc.; an aggregated stake to which each player has contributed a snare; also, the receptacle for the stakes.

To form pools or a pool: The receding tide pooled in hollows along the shore.
7. to form a pool.

both seem to be correct.
That Dictionary.com entry is incorrect. Or it's referring to the French spelling or whatnot. Try clicking on "Written also poule" (<-- which is bad grammar, anyway). Doesn't explain why or how. The entry for "pool" is suspicious, anyway. There are no pronounciation keys, something all other articles (that I've read) on Dictionary.com has.

I've flipped through several dictionaries. None of them have an entry for "poule". Try Wikipediaing "Poule". There isn't even a redirect to "Pool". All you get are a bunch of entries for French stuff.

Try Googling or Altavistaing "Poule". Nothing by random crap and French sites.

The fact that non of those definitions apply to us means nothing. Words change. Try dictionarying "Bracket".

Kirby Squad

Smash Lord
He's right... why is everyone making such a big problem about which one is the right one....

Because there are a lot more things that people here do wrong, Dutch and non Dutch...

Coen

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hi everybody,
I'm new here and if everything is correct i will be fight in this tournament (under the name ace). Now i know you are going to kick my *ss, but I'll give you a **** hard time trying ;).

btw. any people in zuid-holland/Rotterdam whom i can practice killing???
Ik kom vaak genoeg in Rotterdam, zit ik op school. Zelf woon ik in Rhoon, 7 km ervandaan. Als je wil kom ik best een keertje langs, of kom hier :)

Anyway, ik speel Pichu dus ik zuig hoor ^^

Exalador

Smash Lord
lol... ive had enough of this crap... maybe ill just come back to this thread on the 1st of december... when these utterly stupid discussions are finally over (even though i think they will STILL be going on by then >_<)....

Points have been proven back and forth, and people still keep rambling on.. gah..

Piisuke

Smash Ace
That Dictionary.com entry is incorrect. Or it's referring to the French spelling or whatnot. Try clicking on "Written also poule" (<-- which is bad grammar, anyway). Doesn't explain why or how. The entry for "pool" is suspicious, anyway. There are no pronounciation keys, something all other articles (that I've read) on Dictionary.com has.

I've flipped through several dictionaries. None of them have an entry for "poule". Try Wikipediaing "Poule". There isn't even a redirect to "Pool". All you get are a bunch of entries for French stuff.

Try Googling or Altavistaing "Poule". Nothing by random crap and French sites.

The fact that non of those definitions apply to us means nothing. Words change. Try dictionarying "Bracket".
You know how I found the fencing site Yuna? I typed in google define: poule. So eat that, I also asked my girlfriend who is English and studies English and she also says BOTH are used, stop saying otherwise, cause it is useless.

And that is a very weak excuse about dictionary.com..*slaps forehead*

Handsome = Comp
******** = comp

lol... ive had enough of this crap... maybe ill just come back to this thread on the 1st of december... when these utterly stupid discussions are finally over (even though i think they will STILL be going on by then >_<)....

Points have been proven back and forth, and people still keep rambling on.. gah..
whatever floats your boat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom