• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JST5, 2 & 3 December, Holland, RESULTS: Amsah 1st, CJ 2nd, EK 3rd, Helios 4th!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
You know how I found the fencing site Yuna? I typed in google define: poule. So eat that, I also asked my girlfriend who is English and studies English and she also says BOTH are used, stop saying otherwise, cause it is useless.

And that is a very weak excuse about dictionary.com..*slaps forehead*
Yes, you found it Googling "poule", congratulations. It doesn't matter how the **** you found it. It's a French word used in fencing. How many times do I have to repeat this?

Yes, because Dictionary.com obviously trumphs every single other dictionary out there. Try finding another dictionary besides Dictionary.com that claims "Poule" is an alternate spelling (in English) for "Pool" and don't throw your girlfriend at us. One single person who happens to be English (hey, so is Kone) who happens to study English (hey, so does tons of English-speaking people!).

Pray tell, ask your girlfriend how she just knows that "Poule" is an alternate spelling for "Pool". What, is that one of the fundamentals all English majors have to learn? Does she have a vague memory of coming across it once or twice?

COMP, as an American you're also qualified to discuss this, have you (or anyone you know) ever heard of "Poule" being an alternate spelling for "Pool"?

Find us actual dictionaries that even list "poule".

Check Dictionary.com, actually. Only the Dictionary part lists "poule" as an alternate spelling to "pool". Neither the Thesaurus nor the Encyclopedia do. It's must more logical to assume "Hey, maybe my girl and Dictionary.com are wrong" than to assume all the British people in this thread + a pile of dictionaries are wrong.

Inui

Banned via Warnings
COMP, as an American you're also qualified to discuss this, have you (or anyone you know) ever heard of "Poule" being an alternate spelling for "Pool"?
I'm American too, Yuna-chan. ^_^

I've never heard of "Poule" being used as a spelling for "Pool".

Piisuke said:
******** = comp
You're an idiot. >_>;

Comp's the man. B)

Doraki

Smash Lord
I agree with yuna
for how long will this useless debate go on, I wonder... it's certainly going to change the face of the world

EK

Smash Journeyman
Jeffe make the bracket that no one from the same country plays each other... its so boring cause i play all the swedish here anyway, so it whould be fun to kick some dutchies instead^^

Z-N_Freak

Smash Ace
Jeffe make the bracket that no one from the same country plays each other... its so boring cause i play all the swedish here anyway, so it whould be fun to kick some dutchies instead^^
You kicking dutchies, No way you'll beat Amsah. Please Jefzor, put this one with Amsah in the poule :p

I still, need housing somehow if I want to come on Sunday, If I may come from Jefzor anyway....
Why am I on the reserve list O_o??

A lot of people already canceled that they aren't coming on sunday... So how come that I am on the reservelist? I was 3 spots lower (in the list)....

I want on the Sunday list! *cries*

EK

Smash Journeyman
btw it does't matter if im in the same pool as Amsah cause we both will go through it any way^^, It's more like that you feel sorry to the guy who get kicked out cause of an good pool, hehe

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Lol are you nuts, the 2 best European players in the same poul? x________X
And only a couple people cancelled for the Sunday, not that many. A lot of foreigners signed up though, and they get priority over Dutchies :/

@EK: Sure, same will go for the pouls ofcourse. Well, at least for the foreigners. And for the bracket, I might even be able to make sure Dutchies don't play each other, but naturally I can't say anything about that yet.

Piisuke

Smash Ace
Ýuna, do you really read my posts? I never said it was an English word, I said it is used in English, as was stated on the site and as my girlfriend said who studies English. Learn to live with it.

I don't see why you keep on bragging about this, poule is also used in English, else it wouldn't be on that fencing site. Also, don't come with the bullcrap that it is onlky used in fencing, cause fencing is a sport and if it is used in ONE sport, it will surely be used in other sports, taking note that nglish use group mostly anyway, neither poule or pool.

TelpeFion

Smash Lord
No, intelligence and wisdom after separate things. One can be infinitely intelligent but not wise and likewise, one who's not that intelligent (or at least knowledgable) can be wise.
Why are you posting this? What are you saying in that first sentence? It seems to me like you're disagreeing with me, then saying THE EXACT SAME THING. I said "intelligence =/= wisdom". Did you not see the "/"? should I have used "=|=" instead?

Faab

Smash Ace
happy birthday to me.
happy birthday to me.
happy birthday dear Faaaaaab
happy birthday to me.

18 year ftw ^_^

Ps: Piisuke is getting his wished result, getting people to argue with him like we are used to :laugh:

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
I knew someone would say that XD
Btw, there is a chance LPU won't come to my tourney, cause his grandfather's birthday is on the 5th and might celebrate it in this weekend ;_;

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ýuna, do you really read my posts? I never said it was an English word, I said it is used in English, as was stated on the site and as my girlfriend said who studies English. Learn to live with it.

I don't see why you keep on bragging about this, poule is also used in English, else it wouldn't be on that fencing site. Also, don't come with the bullcrap that it is onlky used in fencing, cause fencing is a sport and if it is used in ONE sport, it will surely be used in other sports, taking note that nglish use group mostly anyway, neither poule or pool.
It's used in fencing alone because fencing uses French words. I'm sure there are other sports that use French words out there, but not all sports do. And none of the sports who don't use the spelling "poule" (which doesn't matter anyway because you Dutchies are using "poul").

Hey, you know what, in Golf, they use "Fore!". I'm suuuuuuuuure every other sport uses it!

BTW, anyone who's already booked with Ryanair has screwed himself royally. As of 24.00 last night, all of their prices dropped over the period of October - January. You have to book your tickets within 1 week, though.

Svampen and Ek lost about 30 Euroes each, at least.

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
Can't you read? He never said it's used in all other sports >_> He just said it's used in other sports, not all sports XD

bornfidelity.com

Smash Master
omg faab you're finally eighteen
fabulous :p

so LPU should be born on the 26-09-1988 right. someone should get a copy of the Den Bosch birth register so its finally proven that he doesnt exist :p

EK

Smash Journeyman
First time i heard about Poul was when the dutch started to use it, no one use it expect for the dutch then?

Yuna, we did get pretty godd tickets so it doesent matter, 80 Euros^^

Marc

Relic of the Past
BRoomer
Any Dutchie who uses 'poul' is wrong, since it's 'poule' in Dutch.

And I thought Faab was 35, maybe his gayness makes him look older. =o

j/k, congrats =p

Nihonjin

Striving 4 Perfection
BRoomer
I knew someone would say that XD
Btw, there is a chance LPU won't come to my tourney, cause his grandfather's birthday is on the 5th and might celebrate it in this weekend ;_;
This confirms he doesn't exist.
Its impossible for someone to always have something to do on tournament days for longer than a year straight AFTER signing up....its just not possible, stop fooling yourself and face it....HE DOES NOT EXIST!

Goooooooooooooooo Faab :D
Congratz...^_^

rensie nr1

Smash Journeyman
Jeffrey er komen ook engelsen dus heb je al bier ingeslagen? Aangezien jij alles al maanden van te voren doet. ZO niet sla AMSTEL in!. Zorg ook dat je een grote koelkast heb zodat het wel koud is;).

Jeffz0r

Smash Champion
This confirms he doesn't exist.
Its impossible for someone to always have something to do on tournament days for longer than a year straight AFTER signing up....its just not possible, stop fooling yourself and face it....HE DOES NOT EXIST!

Goooooooooooooooo Faab :D
Congratz...^_^
It's not that he always has something to do, it's just that he never has any money. And I didn't say he wouldn't come to my tourney, I just said there's a chance.

Yuna

BRoomer
BRoomer
Can't you read? He never said it's used in all other sports >_> He just said it's used in other sports, not all sports XD
Which means nothing since it's not used as a substitute for "pool", hence, it's not applicable when it comes to Smash (or any other videogame for that matter).

First time i heard about Poul was when the dutch started to use it, no one use it expect for the dutch then?

Yuna, we did get pretty godd tickets so it doesent matter, 80 Euros^^
I'm assuming you're excluding abou €20 for the bus to and from the Gothenburgian Airport, about €15-20 to get from the Eindhoven airport to Eindhoven and €XX to get from Eindhoven to 's-Hertogenbosch.

Enycecricket

Smash Ace
i can arrange housing but i need info on what airport to fly into and maybe if we are arriving at the same time what time people are landing...I plan on landing on the friday morning be4 the tourny.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom