• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JJC'ing *Jab Jab Cancel* and what it is all about

Jenkins

Smash Lord
well im still working on it but he can't retraet pivot grab... but i think im on to something as im gonna abuse foxtrotting and dash dancing... i did make up a nice mindgame though lol... ill inform you of anything but i think i can make this work

the problem is, is that fox needs momentum from A full dash animation or else he can't slide... but im thinking with mad *** hands i can overcome this... you think it woul be possible to jump and then immediately grab? thus perhaps giving him a boost?... or i could try to some reverse shield grabbing dangles... if reverse shield grabbing doesn't exist.. well im gonna make it exist
gotta read the thread and watch the vid. It can be done. But i haven't seen boost pivots done with this yet, and that's what i'm interested in because fox's goes so far and would be extremely hard to punish (if it's even possible)

DarkAura

Smash Lord
iv readthe thread and watched the vid lol my second is marth im very good at this AT it's just not working... wait refresh my mind... boost pivots are when you slide during the grab correct? cause thats what implying is that, that's going to be pretty dam hard

DarkAura

Smash Lord
Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Omg Yesss!!!! Woohooo I Got I Got I Got!!!!!!! Yess!!! Yeah Babyy!!!!!!!!!! You Can Run You Just Gotta Walk... Omg Sooo Easy!!!

EDIT... it's harder than i thought... i got it as a fluke... i have yet to discover the secret behind it....

another edit: i was disecting the moves and it seems impossible based on how fox reacts to your controls... but i truly think it's possible... when i discover this ill have the thread up in no time

DarkAura

Smash Lord
ooohhh yeah baby.. wit that boost dash pivot slide thing i can do this... wait a min so i can learn howta do it

WIN I AM PROUD TO ANNOUNCE THIS IS A SUCCESS... GIVE ME A MOMENT TO MASTER THIS TECHNIQUE AND I THINK WE JUST IMPROVED FOXES META GAME :)

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Edit: NEVERMIND THIS "A.T." is ******** for fox. GET OFF THIS

wow, what a waste of my time testing this ****.

Zhamy

Smash Champion
WELL **** DUDE

Sounds like it could come in use, but we'll have to see.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
lmao now im scared to post... but screw it.. HERE IS THE THINGY THE SLIDE YOU GET FROM THIS GRAB IS ACTUALLY LIKE HALF OF BATTLEFIELD... so

lets say your opponent is to your left

FoxTrotLeft>Right>Left>cstick+down>grab= WIN

oh yeah one more thing... i had to do this with custom controls so i might have a harder (or easier) time that ou guys... my custom controls were designed for quick grabs so it might be easier for me

and it only takes 3 boosts from this to get you across battlefield.. and im currently working on a way to turn this into a CG

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Bleh

lets say your opponent is to your left

FoxTrotLeft>Right>Left>cstick+down>grab+RIGHT= WIN

fixed.

well, this is stupid. I just tested it and it sucks for fox. No purpose whatsoever in using it

it does work, it just looks like a boost pivot grab backwards that first moved forward a bit.

without the boost, its still garbage, fox doesn't slide at all, just turns around and does a pivot grab, its easier to just do a normal grab.

Using this boost pivot for approaching is garbage, because 70% of the time you mess up anyways, and do some reverse down tilt or downsmash, or just stall in turning around.

Its range sucks, and you basically have to be ON TOP OF the opponent for the grab to work.

This is basically a boost pivot grab with a silly step in it, its 4 times harder to do, and yields nothing.

easiest controls are: foxtrot right,>wait for foxtrot to finish,>left boost pivot+grab right

This Probably will be better for other chars, just not fox. The range is too short

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Fox's large grab and ridiculous PWG (I guess we're calling this boost grabbing now?) might actually come in handy here.. but yeah, it's pretty hard to pull off.

One plus here is that after the grab, this thing is unpunishable.. the boost grab / PWG is easy enough to pull off, just have to be in range.

I don't know... this might be somewhat tricky.. but is it practical to use? It might have uses yet...

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Guys are giving up kinda easy don't you think I agree with Fenrir it very pratical and should be more unpunishable if buffered correctly, and I don't find doing this AT very hard..... it feels like you're doing Falco's reverse CG.

Edit: Use found: better way to punish dodge rollers, people who DI away from you when using you utilt, and is good approach to those with not as great grab range (get close mid-range then do it)

Just pratical. It is what it is.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Fox's large grab and ridiculous PWG (I guess we're calling this boost grabbing now?) might actually come in handy here.. but yeah, it's pretty hard to pull off.

One plus here is that after the grab, this thing is unpunishable.. the boost grab / PWG is easy enough to pull off, just have to be in range.

I don't know... this might be somewhat tricky.. but is it practical to use? It might have uses yet...
No. its a boost pivot grab essentially, just harder to pull off. Trust me, normal boost pivot is better, and does the same thing. and it doesn't draw them in, you're just doing a boost pivot grab backwards.

just wait for r00kie, he'll come in and point out how useless this is for fox.

Guys are giving up kinda easy don't you think I agree with Fenrir it very pratical and should be more unpunishable if buffered correctly, and I don't find doing this AT very hard..... it feels like you're doing Falco's reverse CG.

Edit: Use found: better way to punish dodge rollers, people who DI away from you when using you utilt, and is good approach to those with not as great grab range (get close mid-range then do it)

Just pratical. It is what it is.
um.....hi. yeah you can do the same thing with a boost pivot grab. Iblis, step it up man. People do that all the time.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
No. its a boost pivot grab essentially, just harder to pull off. Trust me, normal boost pivot is better, and does the same thing. and it doesn't draw them in, you're just doing a boost pivot grab backwards.

just wait for r00kie, he'll come in and point out how useless this is for fox.
Meh... I don't really value Rook's opinion on everything, personally.. he's right sometimes... but not god or anything.

I need to try this more... there's a good chance that, yes, this is useless... but if it is applicable in any way, than it might have uses... mainly, the only real difference I could see for this from a normal boost grab (PWG) would be placement after a grab... sliding backwards would be nice at times, if it works at all... it may very well not be worth it, but I think it should at least be considered before being dropped.

one thing that this would do is act as a sort of wavedash back, in order to punish a roll behind (with no care for whether the grab lands or not...)

In that manner, it punishes both a shield or a roll behind... Also, if this has the same props as normal PWGs, the grab will be a bit late, and since the spacing is so hard, grabbing a slightly early spot dodge seems viable too...

I'm not really arguing that the attack is useful, yet... I just think it could use a bit of discussion/trial before trashing it.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
but you can do you same thing with just

Right+cstick down>left+grab

boost pivot grab. it does the same thing, looks the same, and everything.

and it's easier to do. and btw, DJC>boost pivot grab looks so awesome.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
but you can do you same thing with just

boost pivot grab. it does the same thing, looks the same, and everything.

and it's easier to do. and btw, DJC>boost pivot grab looks so awesome.
I use A, instead of C-stick... but same results...

the only real difference here is that you dash forward, and then PWG back...instead of PWGing through the character to the right...

Like, that's how I see this... you can choose which direction you slide, by changing :

to
Right>left+cstick down>right+grab

I don't know. it coul be useless... I get that, but it also could give another option.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
yeah son i hear ya. i thought it would be cool at first because i thought you could approach with it, but fox slides too far away before he turns arounds and grabs. for it to work you have to be like totally on top of the opponent for the grab

for me, something i've done for a while now is

boost pivot grab, but with a foxtrot before it, so you can approach and cover the distance faster

foxtrot Right once>Right+Cstick down>left+grab.

Also, buffering a Boost pivot grab out of a SHAD is really nice.

so you can approach with the air dodge and do a boost pivot grab just as you land

This **** ain't new though

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Well I have ran of ideas for so maybe our techy (Uzi) can find somethin with this.
wait....maybe it can be used a defense sliding back while someone is in the air towards you? hmm.... like I said needs testing techy (Uzi) should test for final say-so.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah the boost pivot is a really nice follow up from JJC because it can slide you to an edge then you can make something out it

Jenkins

Smash Lord
whoa whoa whoa whoa.....alright that none of that ever happened.

@ AKA: Read, dammit! haha seriously though, PWG is NOT useless. This little "forward/backwards+PWG thingy" is.

PWG is fine as is, dashing fowards a bit and doing it backwards is useless, as it looks the same as doing a normal PWG backwards, yet is harder to pull off.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
I'm always right you just don't like the way i word everything i say, oh well i dont really value your opinion either :ohwell:
yep... you're right... always. :rolleyes:

didn't mean anything personal... but relying on you to make a judgment on whether a move is good or not seems silly.

-Aka-

Smash Cadet
whoa whoa whoa whoa.....alright that none of that ever happened.

@ AKA: Read, dammit! haha seriously though, PWG is NOT useless. This little "forward/backwards+PWG thingy" is.

PWG is fine as is, dashing fowards a bit and doing it backwards is useless, as it looks the same as doing a normal PWG backwards, yet is harder to pull off.
I never read, only skim. I saw "PWG" and "is a useless AT" so I assumed you guys were saying that Fox's PWG was useless.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
yep... you're right... always. :rolleyes:

didn't mean anything personal... but relying on you to make a judgment on whether a move is good or not seems silly.
sorry if it sounded like that, but no, i'm not relying on anyone to tell me if i should look into something or not.

crifer

Smash Lord
wait....
with pwg you mean simply dashing or running in a direction, pressing grab and opposite direction to slide a good distance right?
or is there are a way to slide like falco´s? I mean dash attack canceled pivot grab?

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
wait....
with pwg you mean simply dashing or running in a direction, pressing grab and opposite direction to slide a good distance right?
or is there are a way to slide like falco´s? I mean dash attack canceled pivot grab?
I'm confusing everybody... including myself... with this.. so let me simplify.

I always though Pivot Wave Grabs were dash attacks canceled into pivot grabs... I suppose this could also be called reverse boost grabbing... but PWG is a nice acronym. I could be mistaken as to the meaning of PWG, but that's what I was informed originally.

Whatever you call it, if you cancel a dash attack with Fox into a pivot grab, with a command:

dash right > A/C-stick Down > Left +grab

This allows Fox to slide a ridiculous amount of space. and grab behind him. He slides, I believe, farther than Falco does...

Feel free to correct me on my terminology, though. I could easily be wrong with this.

crifer

Smash Lord
I'm confusing everybody... including myself... with this.. so let me simplify.

I always though Pivot Wave Grabs were dash attacks canceled into pivot grabs... I suppose this could also be called reverse boost grabbing... but PWG is a nice acronym. I could be mistaken as to the meaning of PWG, but that's what I was informed originally.

Whatever you call it, if you cancel a dash attack with Fox into a pivot grab, with a command:

dash right > A/C-stick Down > Left +grab

This allows Fox to slide a ridiculous amount of space. and grab behind him. He slides, I believe, farther than Falco does...

Feel free to correct me on my terminology, though. I could easily be wrong with this.
thx man, i always thought it would make like no real difference...
I try it tomorrow...
But why have I never seen this in a fox vid, or combo video????

Jenkins

Smash Lord
How about you make a video of it Jenkins, send it to someone that can capture it and post it so we can get a visual aid of it from Fox's perspective.
why would i bother making a video, there already is one, but not with PWG added. :p

just add the PWG.

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
There's not much of a difference using the dash attack cancel instead of a running pivot grab.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
There's not much of a difference using the dash attack cancel instead of a running pivot grab.
actually... there kind of is...

when you pivot grab before your dash animation has ended you wont slide at all and personally i always want my pivot grabs to slide. if you PWG you can go from a standing animation quickly to a sliding pivot grab without even dashing in the first place. Also PWG is actually an amazing follow up from JJC as it's completely unpredictable and it catches people off guard so you can make them screw up DI on maybe a dthrow>foxcopter or Bthrow>drillshine

KheldarVII

Smash Ace
NNID
redKheld
actually... there kind of is...

when you pivot grab before your dash animation has ended you wont slide at all and personally i always want my pivot grabs to slide. if you PWG you can go from a standing animation quickly to a sliding pivot grab without even dashing in the first place. Also PWG is actually an amazing follow up from JJC as it's completely unpredictable and it catches people off guard so you can make them screw up DI on maybe a dthrow>foxcopter or Bthrow>drillshine
The standing pivot grab works in both methods, although it's usually the unpopular choice. The one advantage to the dash cancel one is just what you mentioned, it can be used out of idling. I believe there is no difference in distance.

DarkAura

Smash Lord
The standing pivot grab works in both methods, although it's usually the unpopular choice. The one advantage to the dash cancel one is just what you mentioned, it can be used out of idling. I believe there is no difference in distance.
no unfortunatly :( theres no change in distance. unless your on ice :chuckle:... no serious you can bthrow>usmash on ice with this..

Jenkins

Smash Lord
this thread can't die.

it...........just can't.

btw double post, yeah okay w/e look at the difference in time between the two.

Top Bottom