• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

JJC'ing *Jab Jab Cancel* and what it is all about

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Sounds good to me, I would love a video or something cause my Brawl is unavailable atm...
you jab jab turn around and uptilt. it has nice follow ups.

and the thing is, on the ground, im pretty sure they can Powershield a regular up tilt, because it takes longer for fox's foot to hit their face.

reverse up tilt should eliminate that problem, and even so, the shield pressure would push them away.

and on chars that aren't light you can follow the direction they fall with something else. and because they're just off the ground, a short hop fire fox KINDAAAAAAAA works....kinda.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
you jab jab turn around and uptilt. it has nice follow ups.

and the thing is, on the ground, im pretty sure they can Powershield a regular up tilt, because it takes longer for fox's foot to hit their face.

reverse up tilt should eliminate that problem, and even so, the shield pressure would push them away.

and on chars that aren't light you can follow the direction they fall with something else. and because they're just off the ground, a short hop FLAMEDASH works.
There was a minor error there but, I fix't it. ^_^

Lightning93

Smash Champion
Excel, nobody has mastered the SHFD yet... to try would be Wii meltdown.

But seriously... I know what your talking about Jenkins. But seeing as I can't try it myself, I just kind of wanted a video or something...

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Excel, nobody has mastered the SHFD yet... to try would be Wii meltdown.

But seriously... I know what your talking about Jenkins. But seeing as I can't try it myself, I just kind of wanted a video or something...
***** do i look like a movie producer? :p

and excel cmon now you know you cant FLAMEDASH onto something flat....

and also, i was thinking, when they get up just above you, a Short Hop Shine> single laser cancel might work

Lightning93

Smash Champion
MIGHT, POSSIBLY, all words that could be fixed from a video!

Besides, you don't have to be a movie producer to put a video on youtube about Brawl. Trust me.

If you don't have a videocamera though that's cool, just don't beat around the bush.

Jenkins

Smash Lord
MIGHT, POSSIBLY, all words that could be fixed from a video!

Besides, you don't have to be a movie producer to put a video on youtube about Brawl. Trust me.

If you don't have a videocamera though that's cool, just don't beat around the bush.
at higher damges the DJC reverse uptilt combos perfectly into upair or fair. Fair for the lower damages, up air when they are at higher %

or even a back air

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Read This

I hate the word combo in brawl, it makes me cry

*Tries turning old laptop on to play UZI in Smash 64*
i tried using this is a real match lol

i fail. cant even do the DJC consistently.

and i suck at camping. lol

I can never do the SH single laser cancel in matches. i always fail :(:urg: haha

THIS JUST IN!

I was on training mode against sheik, and after 22%, the game recognizes the first two jabs of the DJC as a 2 hit combo

ALSO, after 22% DAIR >>>>DJC counts all counts as ONE combo.

The hard part is, the jab jab has to come out at the earliest possible time upon landing, so the timing is very hard, and it is very hard to cancel the second jab

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
Nana locking Snake's all over New York City
i tried using this is a real match lol

i fail. cant even do the DJC consistently.

and i suck at camping. lol

I can never do the SH single laser cancel in matches. i always fail :(:urg: haha

THIS JUST IN!

I was on training mode against sheik, and after 22%, the game recognizes the first two jabs of the DJC as a 2 hit combo

ALSO, after 22% DAIR >>>>DJC counts all counts as ONE combo.

The hard part is, the jab jab has to come out at the earliest possible time upon landing, so the timing is very hard, and it is very hard to cancel the second jab
i dont wanna sound like a jerk but i already knew that and its not hard for me, again i dont wanna sound like a jerk

Jenkins

Smash Lord
i dont wanna sound like a jerk but i already knew that and its not hard for me, again i dont wanna sound like a jerk
.........****. w/e its all good. and im just saying for the game to "count it" you have to do it at a specific time xD

i can dair to DJC, but my DJC is normally delayed enough for it to not count. when i normally get the 6-7 hit combo though, i find myself doing the AAA combo by accident

also mr. tech man, SHAD-ing and buffering a boost pivot grab is boss, just hard to buffer.

And Short hop laser cancel >>>buffered boost pivot grab is challenging as well

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Just hold A then CC after the Dair...
for the game to register it for a true combo it has to be within a window of frames, which is hard. ain't that easy lol

AND FOR SOME dumb F*CKING reason you cant F*CKING cancel the dair jab jab like you normally can

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
hey uhh, i dont mean to be rude to you guys and i know you guys may have discussed it already but...JJC doesnt have much effect of DK. last saturday i try facing a DK with JJC and i figured out that if you do it twice, which does from 0% to 10%, DK can tech it and jump right out of it easly.

correct me if im wrong but i think it really doesnt have effect, well...i guess if you were to pull off a up smash after the first 2 JJC , to keep on doing it to like 20% then punish him.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
hey uhh, i dont mean to be rude to you guys and i know you guys may have discussed it already but...JJC doesnt have much effect of DK. last saturday i try facing a DK with JJC and i figured out that if you do it twice, which does from 0% to 10%, DK can tech it and jump right out of it easly.

correct me if im wrong but i think it really doesnt have effect, well...i guess if you were to pull off a up smash after the first 2 JJC , to keep on doing it to like 20% then punish him.
Paladin, this AT isnt meant to be used at 0% you gotta use it when DK is higher than that, like 40% 50%.... think. Jab doesnt have crazy knockback so from 0% they'll just land and perfect shield or whatever, at 40-50% it pops them up to get Jabbed over and over

*PALADIN*

Smash Apprentice
oh ok i see what your saying, i did try that and it works. i guess i didnt think about creating knock back, but i want to know if that would do the same with MK and Snake, i tryed it on Snake and seemed alright but i don know what the result is with Meta.

My stradegy against meta is just sheild grab, sexkick, utilt, grab, usmash, grabing, dair and uhh...did i mention grabing? that works alright for me, i love fighting metas! lol . anyway, thanks for the feed back man.

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
oh ok i see what your saying, i did try that and it works. i guess i didnt think about creating knock back, but i want to know if that would do the same with MK and Snake, i tryed it on Snake and seemed alright but i don know what the result is with Meta.

My stradegy against meta is just sheild grab, sexkick, utilt, grab, usmash, grabing, dair and uhh...did i mention grabing? that works alright for me, i love fighting metas! lol . anyway, thanks for the feed back man.
yea certain all the characters have a percentage range where you can JJC like 3 to 4 times and it's safe. some characters have only 1 options which is to jump, so those are the ones you have to bully. check the main page and look at the list i broke it down to those who have options out of JJC and those who can only JUMP out

Jenkins

Smash Lord
cant you just buffer the jab? (i don't mean to sound like an idiot)
yeah but it seems the window to do it is really small. And after you buffer the jab, landing another jab and canceling it seems much harder than just normal DJC.

BUTTTTT.....Dair DJC is so much easier to set up

DarkAura

Smash Lord
yeah but it seems the window to do it is really small. And after you buffer the jab, landing another jab and canceling it seems much harder than just normal DJC.

BUTTTTT.....Dair DJC is so much easier to set up

true... Dair JJC is definitely the best way to set up.. i guess there isnt much of a point to buffering the jab, if it makes it harder to pull off theres no point... also my all time fave way to set it up is

Bair(soft)>JJC
or Nair(hard at low percents soft at higher)>JJC

Jenkins

Smash Lord
true... Dair JJC is definitely the best way to set up.. i guess there isnt much of a point to buffering the jab, if it makes it harder to pull off theres no point... also my all time fave way to set it up is

Bair(soft)>JJC
or Nair(hard at low percents soft at higher)>JJC
yeah but i think if you dont buffer it right, the person can power shield.

so what ill just do is Dair>>uptilt. And while they're in the air, it sets up perfectly for a DJC

DarkAura

Smash Lord
oohhh yeeaahh because even if they try to land with an airdoge your gonna catch them with a jab... i might have to start doing that >.> cause i get punished for most of my Dair setups :(

yeah even if you successfully pull off the buffered jab your timing would have to be perfect to land the second jab with no gaps

Uzima (Uzi)

Smash Lord
* does little happy dance*

The capture card has been ordered, all i gotta do now is wait for it to arrive, and im back to making vids for fox techs, Rookie, make a list of the things we need to get recorded still for this thread.

C.R.Z

Smash Lord
ok quick question, wats better
jan cancel grab or JJC grab?
is one better than the other during diff percentage?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i would say JJC grab because jab cancel grab is escapable plus you get a bit more damage in there which can really matter in tight matchups

DarkAura

Smash Lord
i got the sexiest JJC combo today... i was facing an ike and i do the soft Bair setup (it was a rising bair onto the stage) and i JJC him halfway across battlefield (he has terrible DI and has no clue what i was doing) then i grab release>shine>usmash TOO GOOD!

Jenkins

Smash Lord
ALSO,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231916

THAT.

Tech chasing out of DJC for one, also i can see a lot of mixups as it is probably not as punishable as a normal pivot Grab

ALSO, i talked to BengalsRZ, and it seems that you CAN BOOST PIVOT grab out of this instead of a normal pivot grab as well!

And taking into account fox's crazy boost pivot, using it as an approach would make it amazing in getting the opponent off stage as he slides a tremendous amount.

video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tq0ubY58tI

if this works, fox's speed+ fox's Boost grab+potential unpunishable approach =a LOTTT of sexiness

And if you've heard about this already, i don't care. Getting the word out to those who haven't is more important.

I hope this works

718_ROOKI3

Smash Lord
ALSO,

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=231916

THAT.

Tech chasing out of DJC for one, also i can see a lot of mixups as it is probably not as punishable as a normal pivot Grab

ALSO, i talked to BengalsRZ, and it seems that you CAN BOOST PIVOT grab out of this instead of a normal pivot grab as well!

And taking into account fox's crazy boost pivot, using it as an approach would make it amazing in getting the opponent off stage as he slides a tremendous amount.

video here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5tq0ubY58tI

if this works, fox's speed+ fox's Boost grab+potential unpunishable approach =a LOTTT of sexiness

And if you've heard about this already, i don't care. Getting the word out to those who haven't is more important.

I hope this works
Ive heard of it and done it already XDXDXDXDXD :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

Jenkins

Smash Lord
Ive heard of it and done it already XDXDXDXDXD :chuckle::chuckle::chuckle::chuckle:

<3, r00kie thats great and all, but not everyone knows about it. And BengalsRZ, the finder of the technique, didn't think about adding the boost pivot grab until i asked him about it.

Anyways, the DDD boards are already using this technique to increase the number of times they can use their chaingrab, as seen here:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=233277

So i'm thinking mixups.

Mainly being Baiting with laser and approach boost pivoting backwards instead of using dash attack or something.

After Baiting with SH Fairs.

And maybe some Fthrow/Dthrow mixups.

Any ideas?

DarkAura

Smash Lord
if fox could reverse pivot grab we would have one hell of a grab game. im gonna go test this out... and if i it doesn't work.. i wont let you guys down ILL FIND SOMETHING!

Jenkins

Smash Lord
if fox could reverse pivot grab we would have one hell of a grab game. im gonna go test this out... and if i it doesn't work.. i wont let you guys down ILL FIND SOMETHING!
The beauty of this is that it can be used as an approach. And can be done from standing

I'm sure there are a few other characters who get a slide, but like I said I've barely done any testing.
yeah so this is sweet because you can approach with it. Get on this.

So say you are facing Right:

Controls would be
approaching the opponent:

foxtrot Right>wait for foxtrot to end,> tap right and then immediately tap left>right+grab

with the Boost pivot grab its a little different:

foxtrot Right>wait for foxtrot to end,> tap right and then immediately tap left+Cstick down>right+grab

first Right=Foxtrot Right once

DarkAura

Smash Lord
well im still working on it but he can't retraet pivot grab... but i think im on to something as im gonna abuse foxtrotting and dash dancing... i did make up a nice mindgame though lol... ill inform you of anything but i think i can make this work

the problem is, is that fox needs momentum from A full dash animation or else he can't slide... but im thinking with mad *** hands i can overcome this... you think it woul be possible to jump and then immediately grab? thus perhaps giving him a boost?... or i could try to some reverse shield grabbing dangles... if reverse shield grabbing doesn't exist.. well im gonna make it exist

Top Bottom