• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigg's new tier position

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
I think it's weird the Jiggs players are so displeased with Jiggs' placing on the list.

When the first tier list came out, the Link boards just kind of lol'ed and said "whatever" and set out to **** everyone using Link to prove what they can really do. It moved Link up some, and it hasn't really changed much...

I guess the SBR won't really listen to the mains of the more bottom tier characters because it's like they all think the bottom tiers are equally useless. The metagame focuses too much on the top tiers, wouldn't you say? But either way I don't get why people are all upset, go out there and thrash every S.O.B you come across as Jigglypuff. Sure, the list might be a LITTLE biased, but the world isn't perfect, you know.

Metatitan

Smash Master
I think it's weird the Jiggs players are so displeased with Jiggs' placing on the list.

When the first tier list came out, the Link boards just kind of lol'ed and said "whatever" and set out to **** everyone using Link to prove what they can really do. It moved Link up some, and it hasn't really changed much...

I guess the SBR won't really listen to the mains of the more bottom tier characters because it's like they all think the bottom tiers are equally useless. The metagame focuses too much on the top tiers, wouldn't you say? But either way I don't get why people are all upset, go out there and thrash every S.O.B you come across as Jigglypuff. Sure, the list might be a LITTLE biased, but the world isn't perfect, you know.
Learn to filter what you post. Many jigglypuffs and yoshies and other lower tier character mains are upset because there was A LOT of bias towards them and not so much in the higher tiers. The way they even did the tiers by voting is outlandish.

TheStig

Smash Lord
instead of finding more ATs, work with what j-money has. start winning tournaments if jiggly is going to be up in the tiers.

illinialex24

Smash Hero

Link has an abysmal recovery with a mediocre camping game. Not much potential compared to Jigglypuff or Yoshi. He should not be 1 up and 1 down of either character. He should be 4 and 3 down at the least.

Wafflez

Smash Journeyman
Whoa, never thought you guys would pick apart my post so much and take things I say so seriously...

Link has plenty of potential, with him being an AT ***** and all. Yeah, I admit Link is still a trash character and pretty much deserves his spot, but I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree on you saying he doesn't have much potential. I dunno exactly how much potential Jigglypuff has, but...

Ahh, you know what? Never mind, I should probably just stop posting.

MrEh

Smash Hero
MrEh's with me.
Yes I am.

I'm hoping for high-mid personally. In a perfect (rested) world.
If Jiggs gets to the top of Low Tier, I'll be happy. If she gets to the bottom of Mid Tier, I'll be ecstatic.

My my, all this talk about Link. We should be talking about Bowser, and why he's placed so high. Personally, I think there should be a "shit" tier. Bowser will be a character in it. And Pit. XD

Spoonbob

Smash Ace
My my, all this talk about Link. We should be talking about Bowser, and why he's placed so high. Personally, I think there should be a "shit" tier. Bowser will be a character in it. And Pit. XD
rofl @ several-post hatred of Pit.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Link has an abysmal recovery with a mediocre camping game. Not much potential compared to Jigglypuff or Yoshi. He should not be 1 up and 1 down of either character. He should be 4 and 3 down at the least.
His camping is ok. Just because his arrows dont go straight doesnt mean he is a bad camper. His bombs, boomarang, and arrows are great close range camp. (lolwut?) He camps in the Foron Woods. Thats pretty hardcore.
Whoa, never thought you guys would pick apart my post so much and take things I say so seriously...

Link has plenty of potential, with him being an AT ***** and all. Yeah, I admit Link is still a trash character and pretty much deserves his spot, but I'm going to have to go ahead and disagree on you saying he doesn't have much potential. I dunno exactly how much potential Jigglypuff has, but...

Ahh, you know what? Never mind, I should probably just stop posting.
Yeah, we pick things apart like savage wolves on a hunk of meat.

And Waffle rarely takes things seriously. (in a good way)

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
You guys can continue to talk about the tier position stuff in here but keep it decent. No flaming the SBR or talking about how they or other people don't know what they're talking about.

MrEh

Smash Hero
All my hatred of Pit comes from the Pit Boards.

Their matchup thread is hilarious. You should see it. 65-35 on Jiggs, 65-35 on DK, and 55-45 on Snake. If you can believe that. XD

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
um..... not really... much.

He is VERY offensive. 90% of his defense is safe moves like boomarang, zair, and D-smash.
No, woody is right. He's really defencive. He's too slow to be that offencive. All of those moves you listed (I don't remember what dsmash does) are all defencive. His bombs and arrows cand be camped, his zair can keep them safe in the air, boomerang makes sexy edge guarding, his hit boxes are big enough to keep people off of him, and he weighs a ton.

But lol. I just realized this thread is a huge bawww fest. She deserves lowish mid but not mid.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
All my hatred of Pit comes from the Pit Boards.

Their matchup thread is hilarious. You should see it. 65-35 on Jiggs, 65-35 on DK, and 55-45 on Snake. If you can believe that. XD
Lol. Have you seen the Ike matchups? They say even crazier stuff. BuT ICan killz MEtA Knite fastr!

/endrant

g-regulate

Smash Hero
just so you know i voted on this tier list and i put jigglypuff much higher!!!!! the fact that someone like link who is the worst in the game is above her makes me sad

PND

Smash Champion
Thank you, that means a lot to the Jiggs community. To know that even just one notable member voted for her is uplifting.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
lol, thanks... also, it is kind of pointless to talk about...

Anyone object to discontinuing this conversation and locking the thread?

Veril

Frame Savant
It doesn't deserve a lock. Honestly we just need to show some discipline here. It will distinguish us from all the other low tier whiners.

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
These threads usually help the boards, as long as there is meaningful discussion, and not just rantings about how your character was misplaced. How will you convice people your character didn't deserve the spot? Most obvious answer is go to the large tournaments and place well. Not necasserily win, just place well. They will see it if a Jigglypuff places in the top 8 at a big tournament.

All lower tier character boards are going trough this phase, our character is placed incorrectly. Everyone wants to be moved up, but to move one up, you must move one down.

BTW, not all low tiers are whiners. At our Sonic boards we had some dead serious discussion with the SBR which gave us answers and how to show Sonic should indeed be placed higher.
Keep this thread civil and actually discuss and SBR might (I can't be sure of it) come in here discuss with you

inb4whiningabout Sonics placement.

Step it up Jigglypuff!
P.S. I agree that Jigglypuff should be higher. Not above Yoshi/PT/Sonic, but definitly above Mario and Samus. I don't know what got those characters so high in the lower tiers.

Veril

Frame Savant
These threads usually help the boards, as long as there is meaningful discussion, and not just rantings about how your character was misplaced. How will you convice people your character didn't deserve the spot? Most obvious answer is go to the large tournaments and place well. Not necasserily win, just place well. They will see it if a Jigglypuff places in the top 8 at a big tournament.
Their are whiners in every board except those that move up. Including the Sonic board. I don't care about arguing this point since its so unimportant. I don't care about Sonic's placement either. Good for him. I don't play Sonic nor do I want to learn.

Meaningful discussion about this list is by default not meaningful. The many threads exploring new techniques and strategies ARE meaningful and discussion should take place in them, not here. I don't care about convincing people of anything as of now. The only way to do that is with results. No "discussion" about this list will influence the SBR until we start winning. Its a huge waste of time and it p***es me off.

lol, thanks... also, it is kind of pointless to talk about...

Anyone object to discontinuing this conversation and locking the thread?
Agreed. I change my mind. Shut this s*** down.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Why is it so important that Jiggs be recognized by the Mods/SB/other people/foreign countries as a good character?
It doesn't change jiggs and basically only helps the player.

If all the metaknights a like: lolz a jigglypuff lulz; who cares, they'll just be more surprised when they see themselves flying out of the *****-nado with a giant flower on their head.

Wow really, they censored that?

Veril

Frame Savant
Why is it so important that Jiggs be recognized by the Mods/SB/other people/foreign countries as a good character?
It doesn't change jiggs and basically only helps the player.

If all the metaknights a like: lolz a jigglypuff lulz; who cares, they'll just be more surprised when they see themselves flying out of the *****-nado with a giant flower on their head.

Wow really, they censored that?
Alex explained it as such: New players look to the tier list when deciding which character to play. Thus a better placement will equate to more players gravitating towards Jiggs.

I feel that this is only important with high and top tier characters.

OK. I'm going to boycott this thread. Anyone with me?

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
Yea sure, but by posting here you just betrayed your own boycott lol

And so did I.
I'll try to close it the only way I can.
*inhales*

/THREAD!

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
Ok, sweet, I'll get it closed... also, announcing that you're about to boycott it does not count as betraying your boycott...

Everyone out there wanting to discuss the tier list: If you must post something, do it in the Jigglypuff Discussion Thread that I just bumped.

Edit: ... I guess I'll give it a little more time for people to post any objections of closing this thread... (I want to make sure new threads won't pop up as soon as this one goes away)

IamtheWoP

Smash Rookie
I happen to play a good Jiggs, in my own mind of course. I just finished 1st in back to back local Gamestop tourneys both with Jiggs. But those were only local. But the fact that someone playing Jiggs can beat Others playing higher tiered characters just says that tiers don't really matter all that much. Imo, it's more about the player than the character, in most cases that is, Metaknight is the only contridictory to my statement, anyone can B spam.

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
No, tiers matter at higher levels of play... Play better people... and metaknights who just tornado spam usually get wrecked at higher levels of play...

This thread doesn't really have any purpose here and I'm going to have it closed.

Once again, if you truly need to say something about the tiers, you should first realize that it probably won't do anything accept lower the respect of jiggs and jiggs players, and then if you still need to say something, post it in the jigglypuff discussion thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom