• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Too bad she has had that spot for all 3 games in a row and is unlikely she won't get it this time

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
NNID
trpdm.wilton
I don't, she's awesome.
This, I've always liked Jiggs and cutting her would be the worst mistake ever as not only would represent the Fairy type but would represent Pokemon better in general.

People need to remember Pokemon isn't just about cool bada**es recking havoc but is much more of cute series. Pokemon Amie is a perfect example of this.

fill

20EggsEggs
This, I've always liked Jiggs and cutting her would be the worst mistake ever as not only would represent the Fairy type but would represent Pokemon better in general.

People need to remember Pokemon isn't just about cool bada**es recking havoc but is much more of cute series. Pokemon Amie is a perfect example of this.
First impression of Jiggs back in 64 days i hated her, but after learning how she plays, i say you have to keep her. unique playstyle, awesome in teams, and i use her for a fun non serious character. i don't think shes cut but i don't think we will see her or ness or falcon until release. i think the original 4 unlockables will stay unlockables and luigi was only an exception due to it being year of the luigi.

I_hate_usernames

Smash Ace
People who want her cut are just mad they get thier arse kicked by a pink, singing marshmellow!

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
In all honesty, I hope she gets cut. I think other characters are more deserving of that spot.
you mad Mewtwo only appeared in 1 game while Jigglypuff has appeared in all 3 games?? :smirk:

seriously i don't know what is it with Mewtwo fans wanting Jiggs cut...

she's earned her spot in Smash cause she has a unique playstyle that can not be easily replaced.

PuffSmash

Smash Apprentice
I wish they would announce Jigglypuff, I want those hd pics and stuff. I think she will probably not be announced though and just discovered as a secret character the day of release. Better than nothing I suppose!

VictoryIsMudkipz

Smash Journeyman
I hate to see characters get cut, and although I've never been big on Jiggs, I don't want her/it to get cut from the Roster...
Now that's said, if she/it does return, Imma need a FS change, the Brawl was cute when the game had just come out, but now, with her new fairy type, she should get a new make over. I feel either her final Smash should be Play Rough which is a new fairy move and probably the most powerful that WIGGLYTUFF has..or Moonblast which is another powerful Fairy move, which is more projectile based.

I personally favor Play Rough more, and this is how I see it, since in the Pokemon games Play Rough has a chance to confuse foes, I believe that after activating her Final Smash/Play Rough, that all that hit by it, will either enter a shield-break state, where they are dazed for a while or the players controls are inverted temporarily.

Also I think they should add the move Snore to Jiggs' Rest technique, because for the longest Rest looked very bland for such a powerful move, so since in Pokemon games when a Pokemon used Rest it wasn't an offensive move, and one of the only few moves it could use while asleep was Snore which was an attacking move, now nothing physically will change with Jiggs Rest move, only it will just look aesthically different because of the Rest/Snore Combo.

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Most returning characters are keeping the same Final Smash from Brawl, I don't expect Jigglypuff to be any different, but I'm ok with that, Puff Up might not be the most exciting FS but it's still pretty usable, I'm more interested in the customizable moves she's gonna get, I also hope they release an Amiibo version of Jigglypuff cuz I want one so bad.

Smaugfan

Smash Cadet
I hope there are some real improvements to Jiggz...otherwise characters like Rosalina and Palutena will mop the floor with her. Pac-Man even looks like a problem for Jiggz.

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I really hope Rest is brought back to it's Melee state, or we at least get a custom move option to make it like Melee's.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
In all honesty, I hope she gets cut. I think other characters are more deserving of that spot.
Lol at people still believing in this spot/slot thing. If Purin is cut, a new character will not magically be added in her/its place.

I doubt Purin will be cut, but I wouldn't shed a tear if she/it was.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
So after watching the Smash 4 demos its pretty obvious that there is a huge amount of increased landing lag. So for the sake of this post lets just say that Jigglypuff is in, and this mechanic stays the same as it is.

This could help give Jiggs the advantage over her opponents, think about it, they can't do short hop aerials on her, but she still can. Since unlike other characters, she has the aerial mobility and the jumps in order to avoid that ground landing lag completely. Again this is just speculation but, whatevs.

Heavenly Spoon

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HeavenlySpoon
So after watching the Smash 4 demos its pretty obvious that there is a huge amount of increased landing lag. So for the sake of this post lets just say that Jigglypuff is in, and this mechanic stays the same as it is.

This could help give Jiggs the advantage over her opponents, think about it, they can't do short hop aerials on her, but she still can. Since unlike other characters, she has the aerial mobility and the jumps in order to avoid that ground landing lag completely. Again this is just speculation but, whatevs.
I remember how hopeful we were before Brawl came out because infinite airdodges would obviously be great for Puff, and we all know how that turned out...

I feel that increased hitstun and nerfed airdodges should help a great deal as well. Jiggly might still be able to airdodge efficiently because the main nerf seems to be the landing lag, and increased hitstun will hopefully mean she'll be able to keep a wall up this time. We'll see, the engine probably isn't final yet and for all we know Jiggs might be nerfed into oblivion once again. Recoveries seem insane once more, so I'm not really getting my hopes up.

Jigglymaster

Smash Hero
NNID
Dapuffster
I remember how hopeful we were before Brawl came out because infinite airdodges would obviously be great for Puff, and we all know how that turned out...

I feel that increased hitstun and nerfed airdodges should help a great deal as well. Jiggly might still be able to airdodge efficiently because the main nerf seems to be the landing lag, and increased hitstun will hopefully mean she'll be able to keep a wall up this time. We'll see, the engine probably isn't final yet and for all we know Jiggs might be nerfed into oblivion once again. Recoveries seem insane once more, so I'm not really getting my hopes up.
In all honesty there are a few points that will make or break jigglypuff on the tier list.

Can she combo into rest? Will it kill?
Does she get a disjointed hitbox?

That's about it really.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
You can call this wishful thinking

But after playing smash run today, I'm rather convinced that Villager is taking the place of Jigglypuff, who must have hung up her jersey. He is insane in the air, he has incredible agility and can be airborne for a superbly identical amount of time. He is of similar weight, and has heavy hits similar to hers, and while he has no move akin to rollout, his general playstyle could easily fill her niche, in my opinion.

Her time is up guys. I know I'm not the original guy to come up with this theory, but I'm calling it.

HP Sauce

Smash Rookie
I've not played it, but I got the impression he was more of a keepaway character, whereas Jiggs has to get up close and personal.

Hong

The Strongest
Yeah...

This is really reaching for it. I could see the logic behind Greninja replacing Falco, but this is a bit of a stretch. Villager is floaty for sure, but I wouldn't say his aerial speed is particularly great.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
His aerial SPEED seemed faster than puff, to me, actually. He glides through the air. His game up above is nothing what it should be. Obviously I did not sit there and master him, nor was I even that good, which influences a lot; but the potential looked very great.

Coonce

Smash Apprentice
A couple things I was thinking about is that for one, since Little Mac has his KO punch (granted it isn't a guaranteed kill, but still has significant kill power), hopefully Jigglypuff's rest will have significant kill power as well. Even though Little Mac can't use it repeatedly like a rest, it seems decently safe compared to rest. In the back of my mind, I'm wishing Jigglypuff will be the Little Mac of the air. XP

The second thing I was thinking about, is that there was a battle with Mega Man and Mario where it looked like their aerials clashed instead of trading. Any thoughts if this would help or hinder Jigglypuff?

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
In the back of my mind, I'm wishing Jigglypuff will be the Little Mac of the air. XP
It's more like that Mac is the Jigglypuff of the ground. :p There have always been characters with great ground game but not so good air game like Brawl Kirby, but no one extreme like Jigglypuff. Really cool she finally got a counterpart.

Think aerials clashing could benefit Puff, but I don't really play her much to say for sure.

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I think everyone with a unique moveset is pretty much guaranteed to come back, so I can't wait to see Jiggs in HD and see all of its beautiful buffs that it will receive (I hope)

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
Only problem I see with Puff getting Fairy type moves, is that if we are using the info that we got about Greninja, that all they had to go off was his initial design. I doubt they had anything as far as what the Fairy moves would be name, or even what they would look like.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I could see the logic behind Greninja replacing Falco,
Wait what? Are their playstyles similar?

On topic, I could see Jigglypuff getting replaced, now that "Original 12" status has been proven fallible (Ness). But I think it would have more to do with there being a lot of Pokemon reps, and Jigglypuff already being a low-priority character in Brawl, than the Villager stealing her playstyle.

Last edited:

Hong

The Strongest
Wait what? Are their playstyles similar?
Sort of. They have similar properties, in that one of their strongest advantages is immense vertical movement. Jump high, jump fast, and fall relatively quickly. Greninja trumps him in ground speed, though.

My rationality is that Fox will steal his specials via custom special moves. Now, it's true Falco has unique normals now, but given the fact Nintendo was willing to almost entirely gut Falco going from Melee to Brawl, I would say they don't value them that much.

Granted, it is still a stretch, but IMO not as much as Villager replacing Jigglypuff.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Sort of. They have similar properties, in that one of their strongest advantages is immense vertical movement. Jump high, jump fast, and fall relatively quickly. Greninja trumps him in ground speed, though.

My rationality is that Fox will steal his specials via custom special moves. Now, it's true Falco has unique normals now, but given the fact Nintendo was willing to almost entirely gut Falco going from Melee to Brawl, I would say they don't value them that much.

Granted, it is still a stretch, but IMO not as much as Villager replacing Jigglypuff.
Do you think Wolf would stay?

Hong

The Strongest
Do you think Wolf would stay?
Yeah. I feel Wolf has a more defined fighting style, and more contrast in his fighting style and features compared to the rest of the cast.

Though it's hard to rationalize what the director values in characters. With the case of Jigglypuff, @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon could be right, and the Pokemon Company gave Sakurai the okay to have her axed.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Though it's hard to rationalize what the director values in characters. With the case of Jigglypuff, @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon could be right, and the Pokemon Company gave Sakurai the okay to have her axed.
Would they really do that after they re-typed her, though? The only way I could see that happening is because they wanted to push Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, and hopefully Mewtwo, and there just wasn't enough room/time for Jigglypuff.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
Would they really do that after they re-typed her, though? The only way I could see that happening is because they wanted to push Charizard, Greninja, Lucario, and hopefully Mewtwo, and there just wasn't enough room/time for Jigglypuff.
Well... Jifflypuff has been outdated as the pokemon rep since ssb64. Even then she was not the best rep. Pokemon gets literally hundreds of new character options each game, and multiple new games (not just the main ones, but spinoffs which also bring new characters). It is immensely popular, and competition for spots is probobaly highest in this franchise.
Jigglypuff deserves to be retired.

Koopaul

Smash Champion
If Jigglypuff is in this game again can we please stop the "Jigglypuff is getting cut" thing forever?

EchoesOfRain

Smash Apprentice
I honestly wouldn't care if she got cut, but...I kinda want to see her return. She's been in smash since the beginning, as well as having a unique moveset and gameplay style. I'm sure the Roy/Dr. Mario/Pichu/Young Link/Mewtwo rebellion would begin again if she was cut

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
No where near Jigglypuff in the air. At all. The biggest similarity they share in air is a spinning Neutral Air. Villager has two jumps, not five. Therefore, no wall of pain. Recovery is gimpable. Up and Down Aerials hit inconsistently given the variable turnips (getting one results in a very weak attack). Forward and Back Aerials have good reach, but the projectile is small. He is a bit floaty, but so is Rosalina.

Last edited:

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Jiggs is certainly outdated. I wouldn't mind seeing her gone, as I never really enjoyed her inclusion and she's more than overstayed her welcome from a series as diverse and capable as Pokemon. She's not good in the games, she's not important in the anime anymore, she's not very popular overall and she was a laughing stock in Brawl. Make way for characters that people actually want. The only thing I'll miss is her niche: a fantastic aerial game built on incredible mobility.

Top Bottom