• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
Removing Jigglypuff only to add Wigglytuff would probably unnerve a lot of fans. You're basically removing a veteran only to add its evolution that's probably even less liked since it has little to nothing going for it (let's be real, Wigglytuff sucks competitively (but I still like it)). Wigglytuff doesn't offer much compared to Jigglypuff, and I would find it weird (just my opinion) if Wigglytuff was to be played exactly like Jigglypuff).

Though, now that I think about it, Wigglytuff held a rather important place in Pokémon Mystery Dungeon 3...
This isn't happening.

Like, ever.

Last edited:

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
since it has little to nothing going for it (let's be real, Wigglytuff sucks competitively (but I still like it)). Wigglytuff doesn't offer much compared to Jigglypuff..
To be fair, Wigglytuff has a larger move pool (naturally) than does Jigglypuff. Not sure what else you would mean by 'offer' or 'going for it'.

Hitzel

Smash Ace
Am I the only person who gets really annoyed when people forget to mention Clefairy when they list fairy types?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
To be fair, Wigglytuff has a larger move pool (naturally) than does Jigglypuff. Not sure what else you would mean by 'offer' or 'going for it'.
I was talking in the context of Super Smash Brothers.

For example, Mewtwo has a very large movepool, but you won't see him using things like Flamethrower or Thunderbolt in Smash. Same for Wigglytuff, even though it can learn the boltbeam combination. ^^

Overtaken

Smash Journeyman
I was talking in the context of Super Smash Brothers.

For example, Mewtwo has a very large movepool, but you won't see him using things like Flamethrower or Thunderbolt in Smash. Same for Wigglytuff, even though it can learn the boltbeam combination. ^^
Ah, then I would have to ask, what is Jigglypuff capable of doing in the context of Smash Bros that Wigglytuff isn't?

Princess Toady

Smash Ace
NNID
PrincessToady
Nevermind, I was going to say something stupid. I didn't realize they were both commonly referred as the Balloon Pokémon. My bad.

I was going to say that Wigglytuff couldn't possibly float like Jigglypuff but it does seem to have the same abilities. =x

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
I was going to say that Wigglytuff couldn't possibly float like Jigglypuff but it does seem to have the same abilities. =x
Surely I can't be the only one who thinks Wigglytuff would look incredibly awkward using Jigglypuff's moveset, especially floating.. o.o;

..I rest my case.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
If we relied on that Pichu would be a character with Captain Falcon being cut.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I want Wigglytuff even more now because of that picture o_o
I remember randomly seeing that episode a few years back, and it is sensational. It's an evil Wigglytuff- that whole battle is very much worth watching.

AquaDork1

Smash Apprentice
Jigglypuff's new Final Smash should be the special move, Disarming Voice (one of the last moves Jigglypuff can learn).
It's a Fairy-type move that lets out a charming cry that never misses.
Disarming Voice is a sound-based move, which fits perfectly with Jigglypuff's character.

Here's what it looks like in action:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YkgchCptM

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff's new Final Smash should be the special move, Disarming Voice (one of the last moves Jigglypuff can learn).
Disarming Voice is a sound-based move, which fits perfectly with Jigglypuff's character.

Here's what it looks like in action:
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YkgchCptM
It dose look like an interesting idea for a final smash, and I would like the cutesy effects of fairy type moves to be added to her attacks.

Also on the topic of Wigglytuff I found this pic that made me do a double take:

Trav11111

Smash Cadet
This would be great. I really don't like the current final smash.

Side note, I prefer Jigglypuff over Wigglytuff. I just like the fight against Kirby. Who's the ultimate pink ball of doom! :p

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
As you can tell from my avatar, I am a big fan of Mewtwo. Nothing in Smash 4 could make me happier than to see Mewtwo return.

That said, I don't see Jigglypuff as Mewtwo's competition. Jigglypuff WILL be in Smash 4. The question for Mewtwo is not, "will there be 5 Pokemon in Smash 4," but rather, "will there be 6?" Jigglypuff will be the 5th Pokemon. There is no doubt in my mind. If Jiggs had been cut from Brawl, that would be one thing, but as it stands, it must feel good to be a Puff fan these days.

In fact, I'd say Mewtwo's biggest competition is one of either Squirtle/Blastoise or Ivysaur/Venusaur, or both.

And here's hoping for a new Final Smash, definitely. The one she had in Brawl was not very fitting.

Last edited:

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
..again, I rest my case.. Even poor Jiggs looks disturbed there. ._.
Yea that hack was not done well ^^;

As for my opinion on Jiggs Vs Tuff, I would definitely prefer Jiggs because even though I like both I have more history with Jiggs.

Last edited:

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
I don't see any reason for Jigglypuff to evolve, either. I like the round puffball just the way she is. It wouldn't be as cute with that pear shape and long ears!

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
Her final smash should involve her singing and drawing on character's faces. It's pretty much what she was known for when she was included into 64.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Guys, the Jigglypuff page on the Smash Bros. site has been leaked! I took a screenshot while the URL was still accessible.

Pay no attention to the Google search..

Last edited:

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
smashbros.com/us/purin

sounds legit
Actually, check the pages for the other Pokemon characters. They have their Japanese names in the URL despite being on the English site; I paid close attention to detail when I photosh- er, leaked, this..

Edit: Swift Fox beat me to it, lol.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Well now I just look silly.

Ah yes the open google tab and such, didn't see that somehow initially. Well played.

Last edited:

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Guys, the Jigglypuff page on the Smash Bros. site has been leaked! I took a screenshot while the URL was still accessible.

Pay no attention to the Google search..
Wasn't quite convinced this is legit, it looks like a touch up of her Brawl artwork.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
The blur on the edges kills it, and was obviously only done because the cut-out of the Brawl render had too rough edges.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
Yeah Wigglytuff doesn't have a chance. Or has about as much chance as Raichu. That being none. The evolution just plain has 1% of the iconic status of the pre-evolution.

Wigglytuff ★

Smash Cadet
Don't think I don't see y'all talkin' 'bout me

(But yes, Jigglypuff would be preferable to Wigglytuff, who has a 0% chance of appearing in SSB4.)

Also...if the anime mattered THAT much, wouldn't Meowth be playable?

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Don't think I don't see y'all talkin' 'bout me

(But yes, Jigglypuff would be preferable to Wigglytuff, who has a 0% chance of appearing in SSB4.)

Also...if the anime mattered THAT much, wouldn't Meowth be playable?
Meowth was considered as a playable character, supposedly, in Smash 64.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I feel like Jigglypuff needs a Fairy-type attack now. Not sure we're I'd put it though.

She doesn't learn many.

Disarming Voice
Dazzling Gleam
Play Rough

And then the non-attacks...
Misty Terrain
Charm
Sweet Kiss

Misty Terrain is out.
Dazzling Gleam? I guess it would be some sort of ranged attack with a ball of rainbowy light or something :p. Doesn't seem to fit the character. I wouldn't like it. Jigglypuff doesn't need range!

Play Rough is extremely vague. I'm not sure what they could do with that.

Disarming Voice is probably the BEST fit. Jigglypuff is all about the vocals. I can imagine her going... "Jiggly.... PUUUFFF!" as echoy an attack :p.

Charm and Sweet Kiss you'd need to be a bit creative with....

Then comes the question what attacks you replace. Sing is staple. It just needs a buff. Pound is great too... Rest and Rollout are also awesome. So I don't know! Maybe if you use Sing again while Sing is still happening it can shoot a Disarming Voice. A short/medium range ranged attack with a large voicey projectile (that goes out in a cone with the scream). Maybe it is powered up by the duration of Sing. Sing still works the same, it can just turn into a Disarming Voice attack suddenly and hit with a medium ranged attack. I'm imagining the Singing voice suddenly becoming loud and echoy for the attack.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Then comes the question what attacks you replace. Sing is staple. It just needs a buff. Pound is great too... Rest and Rollout are also awesome. So I don't know! Maybe if you use Sing again while Sing is still happening it can shoot a Disarming Voice. A short/medium range ranged attack with a large voicey projectile (that goes out in a cone with the scream). Maybe it is powered up by the duration of Sing. Sing still works the same, it can just turn into a Disarming Voice attack suddenly and hit with a medium ranged attack. I'm imagining the Singing voice suddenly becoming loud and echoy for the attack.
Sing should be chargeable or something of the sort. Not entirely sure how it would work, but it'd be neat if you could increase the radius by charging longer, as well as gaining a damaging shockwave effect (Disarming Voice) if you're close to or at full charge instead of putting the victim to sleep. (It can still put foes into a slumber if it isn't charged much) This could be balanced by the Sing/Disarming Voice charge taking a long time to fully initiate (somewhat like Mac's KO punch meter), but you can store your built up charge and continue it later, as with Aura Sphere.

Meh, it's just a silly idea and most likely wouldn't work, but I just think Jiggs should have a projectile of some form. :p

Rayopuff

Smash Apprentice
Maybe the reason Jigglypuff hasn't been revealed is because Sakurai is revamping her moveset to turn her into the dragon-slaying fairy princess she now is!

hehehehe I wish *sigh*

Xavier :D

Smash Ace
NNID
legend_of_xav
I don't expect Jigglypuff, Ness, and Captain Falcon until the game releases. Patience is our ally, my friends. *ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY JIGGS*

RadRedi

Smash Journeyman
I know that I typically don't post in Veteran pages, but I thought I'd stop by and talk about one of my favorite Pokemon.

First of all, I don't see why Jigglypuff and Mewtwo can't both get in. I'd say they both deserve it, albeit for different things (Mewtwo is arguably one of the most popular Pokemon, Jigglypuff is a mainstay whose play style is all it's own). And, seeing that Pokemon is a legend among Nintendo franchises filled to the brim with literally hundreds upon hundreds of memorable characters, I don't see why it can't have six reps.

One thing I'm loving about SSB4 is the overhaul that some characters are getting. I'm just hoping that Jiggly is on that list.

Not only would it be cool to see Jigglypuff use something like Disarming Voice (a Fairy-type move that revolves around sound is right up Jigglypuff's ally!), as well as a new Final Smash, but I'd also like to see it get physically updated. If Pokemon Amie has taught me anything, it's that Jigglypuff can convey more emotion than the bulging-wormhole-eye stare-into-your-soul look that it always has in it's Smash artwork. To see a Jigglypuff in Smash make enough faces to put Dedede to shame would just do my heart good.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I feel like Jigglypuff needs a Fairy-type attack now. Not sure we're I'd put it though.

She doesn't learn many.

Disarming Voice
Dazzling Gleam
Play Rough

And then the non-attacks...
Misty Terrain
Charm
Sweet Kiss

Misty Terrain is out.
Dazzling Gleam? I guess it would be some sort of ranged attack with a ball of rainbowy light or something :p. Doesn't seem to fit the character. I wouldn't like it. Jigglypuff doesn't need range!

Play Rough is extremely vague. I'm not sure what they could do with that.

Disarming Voice is probably the BEST fit. Jigglypuff is all about the vocals. I can imagine her going... "Jiggly.... PUUUFFF!" as echoy an attack :p.

Charm and Sweet Kiss you'd need to be a bit creative with....

Disarming Voice should be Jiggs up special, and a screen wide sing should be her final smash. (IMO)

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
How would you guys feel if the following changes were made to Jigglypuff?

1. Final Smash is Dazzling Gleam, Think Mother Brains laser but white and much more powerful and a larger range (and no knockback until the attack finishes)
2. Jigglypuffs up special is play rough, think like a mixture of Little Mac and Warios up special
3. Sing is now Jigglypuffs down special.
4. Rest is a taunt and is even stronger than what it was in Melee, but being a taunt, it is harder to land since you have to be on the ground to use it.

Thoughts?

Top Bottom