• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Born in 1839...

Smash Apprentice
Can't wait to see Jigglypuff again. Instead, we saw that Greninja crap. Wonder how he'll be in the next game. Nintendo seems to have a hard time "balancing" Jigglypuff. :jigglypuff64: Jigglypuff might turn into a fairy in the next game.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
I just really hope Jiggs ends up being revealed soon so all this debate about her chances of coming back can STOP!!!!

As a Jigglypuff main I suffered from horrible abuse from other players. They claimed Jigglypuff is the most annoying character to fight against since she's up in the air so much bobbing back and forth. I'd often get flat out banned from playing as her because people just didn't like fighting against my awesome Jiggs.
Well, clearly and obviously, these people are skill-less scrubs who needs to learn their match-ups.

SilverChronX

Smash Rookie
NNID
silversonic360
3DS FC
3523-2774-4659
I'm pretty sure if Jigglypuff comes back her Rest will get buffed from Brawl. Much like Zelda's Din's Fire was buffed. This time it seems as though characters will all have a viable kill move

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I feel like the "We didn't get a Dark or Steel type rep in Melee" as an argument demeaning Jigg's fairy typing is ridiculously weak.

At the time of Melee, all we had as Dark and Steel types were:

Dark: Houndour, Houndoom, Murkrow, Sneasel, Umbreon, Tyranitar
Steel: Magnemite, Magneton, Steelix, Scizor, Fortress, Skarmory

Barring Scizor, none of those Pokemon would have really 'worked' from a fighter standpoint, and Scizor wasn't heavily promoted much.

Jiggs is already in Smash and can promote the new typing that was promoted soo heavily.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
If Jigglypuff got cut, I can't really think of any other Pokémon who could replace her. I mean, in terms of being both popular and cute.

Gardevoir maybe, but it's not really cute like Jigglypuff, more ethereal.

There is Mew, I think it's actually still pretty popular, and it's adorable. (always been my fave) But, hmm, can't see it being playable.

Oh yeah, there is Sylveon, it was promoted quite a bit. That could work. But I feel like he'll most likely be conservative here.

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
If Jigglypuff got cut, I can't really think of any other Pokémon who could replace her. I mean, in terms of being both popular and cute.

There is Mew, I think it's actually still pretty popular, and it's adorable. (always been my fave) But, hmm, can't see it being playable.

Oh yeah, there is Sylveon, it was promoted quite a bit. That could work. But I feel like he'll most likely be conservative here.
Characters that were playable in Smash 64 are pretty much in the safe zone

Last edited:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace

there is literally no other. no one else is a balloon pokemon that can fit the floaty air fighting style Jiggs has.... the moveset only fits her.

Smaugfan

Smash Cadet
Jiggz though a "legacy" Smash character seems likely, but keep in mind how Sakurai toned down Jiggz in Brawl in comparison to Melee. In this game of fast hitters, how many opponents are going to get trapped up by "sing" in this game? How many times can roll out be used in a surprising way when so many characters have been revealed to have great combo ability or ways to block such an attack? Rest is a good move, but it is tricky to get it just right sometimes. Back airs by Jiggz are floaty at times. Unless Sakurai just loves Jiggz to return her and also improves and repairs what he did from Brawl, does Jiggly stand a good competitive chance in this new game?

Waluridleykryrool

Smash Journeyman
I absolutely loathe jigglypuff, seriously you have no idea how much pleasure i would get seeing it demoted to a pokeball or just removed from the game entirely.......*sigh* But with that said I've begrudgingly come to accept that after two titles where it's somehow managed to crawl it's way back in like some bizarre pink parasite that it's just not gonna happen and i'm just gonna have to suck it up and brace myself for it's inevitable reveal in smash 4.

Last edited:

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Jigglypuff has been collecting gamers' tears for nearly two decades now. That's my Jiggs!

PKNinja95

Smash Ace
NNID
AKninja95
3DS FC
3351-4567-0361
I absolutely loathe jigglypuff, seriously you have no idea how much pleasure i would get seeing it demoted to a pokeball or just removed from the game entirely.......*sigh* But with that said I've begrudgingly come to accept that after two titles where it's somehow managed to crawl it's way back in like some bizarre pink parasite that it's just not gonna happen and i'm just gonna have to suck it up and brace myself for it's inevitable reveal in smash 4.
Welp that's not gonna happen

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jigglypuff.

Still a 1000 times more badass than Greninja.

Jigglypuff & Luma

Smash Cadet
Back to Jigglypuff, we all know she is coming back (she'd better otherwise I'll have to change my main, and I don't want to). She is one of the most important Pokémon and played an important role in the anime as well as being one of the only Gen I Pokémon to appear in the wild in every main series game (Colosseum and XD don't count because they aren't actually main series and even Pikachu was not in the wild in B2 and W2 so a big accomplishment, check Bulbapedia if you don't believe me). Then there is also her appearance in Smash 64 and her new Fairy type in X and Y. It's official, Jigglypuff is 100% returning. But she should be as strong as she was in Melee and get some Fairy moves to replace pound, puff up and possibly sing.

Last edited:

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
I hope Jiggs doesn't suck this time. Went from top tier to bottom of the barrel in one game.

Also want Sing to be reworked... It's so crappy it might as well be a taunt.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Jigglypuff should use Dazzling Gleam as her final smash this time, it could work in a similar way to Tabuu's Off Waves just not exactly a 1HKO.

FSLMJM

Smash Journeyman
Does anyone else find it annoying how people still think Jigglypuff or anyone else from the Original 12 may get cut? I mean, they've been in the Smash Bros franchise from the beginning for a reason. Thinking that being in SSB since the beginning not counting for anything is completely silly, IMO.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
GameFreak's pushing the Fairy type really hard. Should Jiggs get in, she'd be the very first playable Pokemon character to have undergone a type change.

Add that to her tenure as one of the Original 12, and we have a lock.

SirCamp

Smash Ace
I'm not going to lie, with the advent of the new fairy typing Jigglypuff's chances are greater than I would have otherwise thought. Suddenly she has renewed relevance to the series. And let's be honest, that was the biggest point against her.

However, before the trailer, I was pretty convinced that Gardevoir would have been the pokemon to represent the type. Not only does she work as a representative of the type. I say this because Gardevoir has a mega evolution, is the central pokemon used by the X&Y's League Champion, last I heard had a sizable following in Japan, would work quite well in the game, AND would be a gen 3 representative for the inevitable Ruby/Sapphire remakes.

Gardevoir seemingly being out the window now though, Jiggs seems more cemented as the fairy type of choice.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
Jigglypuff seems like the most iconic Fairy type (aside from Sylveon, but it wouldn't fit as a fighter), in my opinion. I honestly have no doubt that she will represent the type in Smash 4.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
New Final Smash thought...

Play Rough: Jigglypuff messes around with its opponent, dealing damage during the process. The final hit delivers the most knockback.

Jigglystep

Smash Ace
NNID
Davichii
3DS FC
2165-5996-6936
New Final Smash thought...

Play Rough: Jigglypuff messes around with its opponent, dealing damage during the process. The final hit delivers the most knockback.
That move was hilarious looking in X and Y, I hope they implement it in some way.

Jellyfish4102

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jellyfish
Jiggilypuff is almost certainly back. I think they should make sing a range move. When she sings little musical notes shoot out and put enemies to sleep.

Bajef8

Smash Ace
Yay, let it begin.

This argument just doesn't make sense. She was never cut, so she never can be? She allegedly was nearly cut in Brawl, and Melee had no time in development to make many choices. Even 64 we don't know who would have been chosen if the game was meant to launch outside of Japan. As far as I am concerned, she has been lucky for a different reason each time, and eventually her coin will land on tails rather than heads.
Also, Brawl WAS slated to be the finale in the trilogy, just look at the arc of the three games, and that this one is taking a different direction. This is the best time of any or her to be cut.

Just your opinion.

Speculation is that he was cut because fans were upset that he was so poorly represented in Melee. Him not being in Brawl as a boss makes me think they did have plans to revamp him.
Your Jiggs disrespect forced me out of my Smash 4-character-speculating retirement.

First, where did he state anywhere that, "She was never cut, so she never can be?"....what?

She was lucky every time she made it? Uhmmmm no. She had huge relevance when Smash 64 came out, plus Sakurai said he put her in as a funny joke anyway.
Melee came out only 2 years after the first game, so she never really diminished in popularity enough to warrant a cut. Plus your own argument makes zero sense. If Melee had little time to be made, she, along with many other characters, would have been cut, not kept in because they lacked time to make choices? That statement it so backwards. They had no time to "make decisions" but they had time to add characters.....
Brawl, she was an Original 12 and easy to program. Those are reasons she made it for Brawl.

There was no speculation that he was cut due to "poor representation." The likely theory is that he and some others were unfinished because of Sonic's late addition. They didn't obtain permission to throw Sonic in until late in development, so in order to get him in quickly, especially since Sakurai was being heavily pressured to release the game, they had to re-focus development efforts to just getting him polished and perfected. Thus Mewtwo and "The Forbidden 7" or whomever, could not be finished because they ran out of time and had to quickly insert Sonic. Evidence to such an idea is the fact that he literally comes in at the very end of SSE as well as being one of the last characters unlocked. To me, Toon Link, Wolf, and Jiggs were the characters that Sakurai and team were able to luckily squeeze in after including Sonic, hence those 3's lack of appearance in the plot of SSE as well.

In short, Jiggs for Smash 4, and here's hoping that she'll get a sing buff, and a Final Smash involving putting everyone to sleep and drawing on their faces.

TingleZC

Smash Cadet
I'm certain Jigglypuff will come back, being a veteran and all.

She might not even be announced before release though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Have been getting into the Jigglypuff mood after kicking butt with it in Melee today. Can't wait to see it again for the new games. (I'm sure it will be back)

Desu~

Smash Ace
NNID
Mr. G-E
Switch FC
2211-2137-8924
Not giving the link, but it appears somebody just leaked the full character roster of Smash 4.
Im hype as **** atm.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
Not giving the link, but it appears somebody just leaked the full character roster of Smash 4.
Im hype as **** atm.
Why not? You had me reading the Stay On Topic For Five Minutes thread for a while.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I think he meant this roster that seems to be floating around everywhere today.

I have the feeling it's fake though, I think this is kinda being discussed in the social thread at the moment so you can talk about it there.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
The only thing that will kill that 'leak' is if one of the soon-to-be-revealed characters's artwork doesn't match what's on that picture.

Anywhozlings, Jigglypuff. Yeah. I still want to see her in this game.

R0Y

Smash Master
At this point I wouldn't be shocked if it wasn't announced prior to release and was obviously unlockable for the 4th straight time.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I both want Jigglypuff and think it's likely, BUT y'all need to stop pretending that she's important. She was in like 20 episodes of the anime (of which there are now almost 900) and she was never important in the games.

She was not the first Pokémon to be announced to be Fairy type, that was Sylveon. She also only tied Marill and Gardevoir for first Pokémon to be retyped to Fairy.

Also, she is NOT popular in the Pokémon community. Stop saying that. She just does not come up in coversation anymore. She did back in the day of Smash 64, but her popularity didn't last long after Melee. Y'all need a dose of realism.

Again, I personally love Jiggs and I do think she is coming back, but that's only because of her inclusion in the past three games. She has become a Nintendo All-Star only because of Smash, but she has become one nonetheless.

I will say, however, that I won't pretend that Greninja doesn't hurt her chances.

Hot Uncle Sparky

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
4356-0645-2703
I both want Jigglypuff and think it's likely, BUT y'all need to stop pretending that she's important. She was in like 20 episodes of the anime (of which there are now almost 900) and she was never important in the games.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Smash supposed to represent the games? Yes she may not have been important but other than starters and legendaries, who is?

She was not the first Pokémon to be announced to be Fairy type, that was Sylveon. She also only tied Marill and Gardevoir for first Pokémon to be retyped to Fairy.
When she was announced as a fairy couldn't possibly matter, I don't know how you think it does.

Also, she is NOT popular in the Pokémon community. Stop saying that. She just does not come up in coversation anymore. She did back in the day of Smash 64, but her popularity didn't last long after Melee. Y'all need a dose of realism.
Not on par with Pickachu, Lucario, Mewtwo, etc =/= unpopular.

Again, I personally love Jiggs and I do think she is coming back, but that's only because of her inclusion in the past three games. She has become a Nintendo All-Star only because of Smash, but she has become one nonetheless.
That was the sole reason back in Brawl days, but with the good chance that she'll have new Fairy moves, I'd say she would be pretty justified this time.

I will say, however, that I won't pretend that Greninja doesn't hurt her chances.
How could he? Pokemon will obviously have at least five reps. If anyone, Greninja hurts Mewtwo who even then still has a shot.

Wyoming

Connery, Sean
Switch FC
7748-5364-3982
Jigglypuff is more relevant now than she was pre-Brawl. The fairy-typing is the only Gen. 6 concept yet to be used. While she may not be the 'face' of said typing, she's already in the Smash franchise, an advantage that the other fairy types do not possess. This game is all about changing the veterans' moves and playstyles, so a fairy move or two to replace Rollout and maybe Sing (this would be the new final smash however) would rejuvenate a pretty unique character to begin with. I'd be worried if another character played like her, but the fact is nobody announced yet does. Sakurai is all about the movesets and the fairy-typing means he can now actually experiment a little with her moves for the first time in ever and I see him relishing such a challenge.

Last edited:

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
I didn't say that I thought the anime or when her retyping was announced mattered. In fact, I meant to express the contrary.

Fairy type doesn't justify Jiggs. It might help a little, though. I don't know if there is a way of saying at this point if that is or is not important at this point.

I think Mewtwo is more likely than Jiggs.

Top Bottom