• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
This is not the thread to discuss strategic, competitive, or important information about Jigglypuff.

Use this thread to socialize with one another. This thread exists to prevent superfluous/unnecessary threads from being created when you only want to talk about something quick, silly, fun, or simple. Use your own judgement as to what you believe is worth creating a thread over.

Normal discussion thread rules apply here, but there is a bit more leniency on what is considered spam.

Overall, try to keep the discussion somewhat relevant to Smash 4 and, most of all, be nice and have fun!

:jigglypuff:

Last edited:

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
Hoping they make rest as powerful as it was in Melee. :3
This. I decided yesterday to wipe the dust off of my brawl disc and go online with a friend. I automatically picked my favorites in melee first (Falco, Marth, Jiggs). I was astounded at how BAD she was.

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
Give Jigglypuff the title of Air Queen back. Combo-ability and power.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
make sing useful for once. an idea I had is she shoots slowly moving musical notes that put a target to sleep on contact.

also Rest should either be buffed to Melee status, or be made so puff recovers from damage like in the games and in Brawl-.

GTA_Hater_331

Smash Journeyman
They need to reinstate her as the first unlockable character. She was among the last ones in Brawl, which suggests she was added at the last minute and almost cut from the series.

And yes, give her old Rest back, not the flimsy Toxic Snooze. Because I'm more of a bottom-feeding Smasher, I was actually better with Ganondorf than Purin.

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Am I the only 1 who thinks every playable poke'mon should have background trainers like PT? Jigglypuff totally should have Leaf cheering her on!

Walbytamer11

Smash Apprentice
make sing useful for once. an idea I had is she shoots slowly moving musical notes that put a target to sleep on contact.

also Rest should either be buffed to Melee status, or be made so puff recovers from damage like in the games and in Brawl-.
I need to really go and play brawl- right now and check it out.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
As a hardcore Puff main in Melee and Brawl, make Rest, Rollout, or Sing viable moves.

Any of the three would be amazing.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
She should definitely stay and darn those who desperately want to get rid of her in smash.

Just make her as strong as she was in Smash 64 and Melee and she should be fine. I like Jigglypuff and I hope she stay's in the next game. :)

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Rest should be at LEAST a bit more powerful than Luigi's shoryuken, considering that that move is stronger, easier to land, and less disastrous if you miss.

Maybe not Melee strength, but definitely stronger.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I'd like to see Gyro Ball replace Rollout. It wouldn't be affected by gravity, and as long as Jigglypuff hits someone with the attack, it can attack again. But if Jigglypuff doesn't hit anyone, it'll become helpless.

SuperMetroid44

Smash Lord
I know someone was high on weed while adding Jigglypuff to SSBB.

He was so damn flawed it didn't even make sense, I love Jigglypuff (my ABSOLUTE FAVORITE), but geez, he was a joke on Brawl.
-All of his smash have a lot of starting up time (and are so easily outclassed by Kirby/Meta Knight) and are really weak
-slowest running speed in the game
-lightest weight in the game meaning easiest to kill
-has horrible range
-has a hard time killing enemies
-has almost no safe moves

You take all this to account and it can honestly make you laugh, cuz it's just sick how horrible Jigglypuff became in Brawl. I still love him and use him a lot, it's just, SSB4, needs to really bring Jigglypuff back to how he was in Melee (and just keep the minor improvements he had from brawl, like better Rollout, etc.). Other than bringing Jigglypuff back to how he was on Melee, Jigglypuff was definitely in his prime on Melee, easily one of the best. I think I can think of some other things they can do to improve Jigglypuff.

• Strengthen his ground moves and make them more reliable.

• -Make Sing useful, Sing is so useless, which is a shame since that's Jigglypuff signature attack. Either make Sing like it was in SSB64 (increase range) or let Jigglypuff WALK with Sing, also, have opponents sleep for a little longer so you actually have a chance to attack that said opponent, it's a joke how people can immediately wake up.

• -Rest needs to be as strong as it was in Melee. If they are going to keep it nerfed as it was on Brawl, at least give a good side effect, like maybe Jigglypuff recovers 20% health, that's the least they could do.

• -Shield needs massive improvement. It's sick how Jigglypuff has a pretty horrible shield, and then he also dies when it's cracked. Either give Jigglypuff a giant shield that's hard to break, or give off an explosion upon impact on breaking the shield, or just remove that thing period. I know this is probably not a MAJOR problem, but it's still an annoyance that needs to be fixed imo.

• I'd make Pound slightly stronger, like by 2% or 3%.

• -This may be cheesy, but I have always thought Rollout can be more like it was in the games. Like everytime you use Rollout and it connects with an object, it gets stronger by like 1% or 2%.

• Please give Jigglypuff a better Final Smash... Puff Up made my brain implode, it was just... so... no. Just no. They could of used something like Hyper Voice (which would be a LOT better), or maybe something like Perish Song.

This is all I can think of from the top of my head. Making Jigglypuff like he was on Melee, would already be a major improvement in itself from Brawl (hoping Jiggs will does well with SSB4's physics), those were just some improvements I can think of from my experience with Jiggs. I'm pretty sure the more experienced Jigglypuffs can probably list a lot more things and ways to improve him, but yeah this is just my thoughts and what I hope to see. Hoping to see Jigglypuff return strong and ready to clap a *****. ;)

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I could care less about rollout or sing, I doubt either of those moves will ever be useful

Just give her the aerials and forward smash she deserves

And make rest viable again :jiggs:

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Hoping they make rest as powerful as it was in Melee. :3
I hope they make it as powerful as it was in Smash N64.
Its difficult to get it to even hit in Melee and Brawl.
Also Jigglypuff's Sing attack better MAKE THE CHARACTERS SLEEP longer than it takes to sing the song. A Good button masher can roll away and still have enough time to Falcon Punch Jigglypuff before the song ends.
These are minor problems though and Jigglypuffs combat in Brawl was excellent, focusing On aerial combat and being able to move quicker in the air then on the ground was interesting.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I could care less about rollout or sing, I doubt either of those moves will ever be useful

Just give her the aerials and forward smash she deserves

And make rest viable again :jiggs:
I'd like to see Rest be more treated as a way to heal damage. Basically, if Jigglypuff uses Rest, and manages to wake up without flinching, half of its current damage will be healed. However, if it ever flinches while sleeping, Rest's healing abilities will be negated.

Now obviously this should only really be done when Jigglypuff star KOs someone, and is too risky to use in a 3-player or 4-player battle. Having invincibility will ensure that Rest is fully pulled off, but a lot of competitive matches tend to have items turned OFF.

The only problem with this concept, however, is that it would be heavily abused while in the rest area for All-Star Mode and Boss Battles.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Chop off fsmash and usmash lag and she would be several tiers higher.

Throw in melee rest and slight improvements to her tilts and aerials and she would be top again.

DakotaBonez

The Depraved Optimist
Man I was so hyped thinking Jigglypuff's final smash was gonna be a singing solo that puts all the characters to sleep and I can finish them off with rest. But no! PEACH gets the sleepy time attack!

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
And Luigi, sort of...

Did somebody say acid trip? :smirk:

Also, for Puff, it'd be great if she had guaranteed rest setups. That's what made her so frightening in melee, those 2 or 3 hit combos that gave you a for-sure rest.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Also, for Puff, it'd be great if she had guaranteed rest setups. That's what made her so frightening in melee, those 2 or 3 hit combos that gave you a for-sure rest.
At super low percents, U-Air > SH Rest works. :3

Obviously that would never kill, but she did have some guaranteed rest setups.

Also, IIRC SH Dair would "combo" into Rest if the opponent tripped.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
I think Sing should be made a command grab type attack. This way, Jiggs has plenty of time to land an attack on the opponent.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
At the very least, it should hit through shields.
"Oh, this magical, shiny bubble that doesn't even cover my entire body -let alone my head- is somehow so soundproof that it can completely block the soundwaves coming from this pink thing standing a foot and a half away from me."

Causing people to get "drowsy" in the air would be a cool effect too. Like, when they land, they have about a second to act before they fall asleep.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I don't get why some want her gone. (Not in this thread of course, but elsewhere.) She's integral to the series. I just hope they restore Melee rest, plus maybe a few additional buffs. Her fall from fame from Melee to Brawl was a sad sight...

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
I don't get why some want her gone. (Not in this thread of course, but elsewhere.) She's integral to the series. I just hope they restore Melee rest, plus maybe a few additional buffs. Her fall from fame from Melee to Brawl was a sad sight...
People want her gone because they are stupid. Most casual/beginner players don't see Jigglypuffs' capabilities and see her as nothing more than a joke character. Seriously, nobody outside the hardcore crowd is willing to accept that any of Jiggs' incarnations were any good.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
People want her gone because they are stupid. Most casual/beginner players don't see Jigglypuffs' capabilities and see her as nothing more than a joke character. Seriously, nobody outside the hardcore crowd is willing to accept that any of Jiggs' incarnations were any good.
I suppose you're right. Maybe, and hopefully, they'll finally see the light this time around.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
As a puff main, I didn't mind this at all. It made it that much more amusing to kick somebody's ***. :embarrass:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff is one of about five characters in the pokemon series to be in the wild in every 'main game' (not counting XD and colo since they're 'main game' status is debatable) since it's debut generation in 1 or 2. This is more impressive for jigglypuff since it's debut was gen1 and the others were gen 2. It played a major role on the TV program starring in at least a third of episodes in a series all the way up to the 6th/7th/8th series: Advanced battle. NOOOOO! Jigglypuff isn't important in the pokemon series... *wink *wink.

P.S Not copy and pasted, I just go on Bulbapedia a lot and remember lots of random facts.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff didn't show up in the wild in B/W, and neither did any other pokemon that "always" shows up.
The others are like, Pikachu, Zubat, Geodude, and Magikarp lol.
Also IIRC Tentacool, Goldeen, and a couple others are always present (again, not counting 5th gen).

Veggi

Smash Champion
Brawl Minus Jigglypuff is the perfect Jigglypuff. Her moves are accurate to the source material and she's fun to play, while retaining the same play style she had in the Smash games. The only thing I can think of is that her roll out should go faster and do more damage every time it hits someone.

:phone:

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
^
On a similar note, if they implemented Defense Curl in some way, that would be awesome.

If rest healed, and she could Defense Curl to increase Rollout damage while also decreasing damage taken (from non-special attacks!) then her play-style would change completely. I think it could work, though

Veggi

Smash Champion
That would be pretty amazing. I can't decide if it would be better for Rollout to speed up and get stronger every time it passes through a shield or if it should only speed up/get stronger on hit. Either one would be more practical than the rollout she has now.

:phone:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Jigglypuff didn't show up in the wild in B/W, and neither did any other pokemon that "always" shows up.
Also IIRC Tentacool, Goldeen, and a couple others are always present (again, not counting 5th gen).
Oops... oh well, I already know that jigglypuff is in black and white 2, in fact, it's on the very first route! Idk why nintendo took their mains out of black and white, but they're all back in there in black and white 2.

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
Jigglypuff shows up in the wild in B/W...

Top Bottom