• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
And more damage dealing. Maybe with a the ability to charge.

But seriously, Pound? A weak, beginning-stage move like Pound? Upgrade Her!
Does it really matter how powerful the move is in the Pokemon games if it's good in Smash Bros.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
Does it really matter how powerful the move is in the Pokemon games if it's good in Smash Bros.
Indeed, Jigglypuff's moveset is fine as it is now. They only have to give him a new Final Smash. Puff Up was just too bad. A move like Hyper Voice would be cool as his FS.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
No, stupid was quite right. Hope they replace Rock Smash.

Also, hopefully they make Sing better on Jiggz.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Rock Smash looks strange, tbh. Let it be replaced by a move that looks better but functions the same.

And Jigglypuff will NOT be cut. Ever.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
My Possible New Jigglypuff Moveset:
Nintendo Should Do
A) Give this moveset to Jigglypuff
B) Modify this moveset for Clefairy and get rid of Jigglypuff
C) Get rid of Jigglypuff intirely.

B: Sing- same as it's old Up B but moved to standard B
B side: Strength- Jigglypuff runs forward to knock opponents away
B up: Gyro Ball- Jigglypuff spins upwards. This attack does more damage to faster characters (like Sonic or C. Falcon)
B down: Ice Beam- Jigglypuff releases a beam of ice from it's mouth causing the opponent to take damage and freeze.
Final Smash: Metronome- does a random Final Smash

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Keep up the karma! Rhydon or something else will eventually take up a spot.
Also, Jigglypuff was only put in the original game because Pit couldn't be in there. It would be logical for Nintendo to get rid of it now.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Keep up the karma! Rhydon or something else will eventually take up a spot.
Also, Jigglypuff was only put in the original game because Pit couldn't be in there. It would be logical for Nintendo to get rid of it now.
I want her to stay because of her unique playstyle. She occupies a niche spot: A lethal joke character. Most casuals believe she sucks (I used to think that too, until I saw videos of how she's a monster in aerial combat).

Jigglypuff was put in because of her prominence in the Anime back then.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
I want her to stay because of her unique playstyle. She occupies a niche spot: A lethal joke character. Most casuals believe she sucks (I used to think that too, until I saw videos of how she's a monster in aerial combat).

Jigglypuff was put in because of her prominence in the Anime back then.
His similar body shape to Kirby's helped him, too. But Jigglypuff will never be cut, he's a Smash standard now.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Aw why do we always try to get rid of the poor Puff? I mean I know we want to see more characters and all but leave poor Jiggles alone. D:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Jigglypuff ain't going anywhere.

Not as long as I'm around!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Classic veteran. Won't go anywhere yet. Smash just wouldn't be the same.

Was kinda worried pre-Brawl though with the late arrival of our Puff. Weird how she was put on such a low priority for Brawl. Don't think they will take her put now either though.

BarnOwlsRSoAdorable

Smash Apprentice
Maybe Jigglypuff can get Cute Charm as an ability. It has a chance of stunning characters of the opposite gender that physically attack it. There's a 50% Chance of being Male and a 50% Chance of being Female. There could even be an easter egg to select Jigglypuff's gender. JIGGLY JIGGLY!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Maybe Jigglypuff can get Cute Charm as an ability. It has a chance of stunning characters of the opposite gender that physically attack it. There's a 50% Chance of being Male and a 50% Chance of being Female. There could even be an easter egg to select Jigglypuff's gender. JIGGLY JIGGLY!
That attack would be unfair as long as 90% of the roster is male. :troll:

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
She should just have friend guard then and take to friendly fire damage :rolleyes:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Oh and Jigglypuff is now Normal/Fairy Type. Not sure what it'llchange but hey. It's something.

Hammer B

Smash Journeyman
I think Jiggs should get a new fairy-type special move (if Pit could get new moves, why the Balloon Pokémon can't?)

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
Pokemon have tons of incredible potential characters (I also dream about a Super Pokemon Smash Bros.). Since I was a kid I wondered, why jigglipuff? Later: Why keeping jigglipuff representing 1st generation instead of Mewtwo?? Lets be honest. The new pokemon will be from 6th generation, no doubt. But also there were pokemon from first generation in Brawl. With this, every pokemon is factible. Mewtwo has a larger fanbase. Jiglipuff can be substituted by him.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Jigglypuff was a staple character in the anime, and during the time of the anime - around the time of SSB64 development - had a popularity that far surpassed that of Mewtwo. The developers enjoyed the playstyle and stuck with it, and I don't see them dropping any of the original cast at this point.

Mewtwo cannot substitute Jigglypuff whatsoever, they have entirely unique and vastly different playstyles and them both being from pokemon means nothing. That's like saying a Goomba can replace Bowser because Goombas have a larger fanbase (which is incorrect, similarly to your claim about Jigglypuff when looking at relevant time periods)

johno1995

Smash Cadet
I was worried about Jiggs throughout Brawl development because it felt like she was such a late inclusion.

Her prominence seemed to have dropped so I figured maybe in SSB4 she'd be cut. As one of my mains, I was absolutely worried. But now that she is announced to be part of the new Fairy type, I think it'd be an ingenious way of representing the new generation. Change Jiggs's moveset a little bit, give her a Fairy-type Final Smash, SOMETHING to advertise the new type and be, in a way, a 6th gen rep for the series. And of course, Mewtwo returning with an Awakened Forme Final Smash would be interesting too.

Top Bottom