• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
You know what would be a great idea? Remember Sakurai's Q+A for melee and brawl when the official sites were launched? How the Q+A went along with the polls for new characters and whatnot

It would be an interesting idea if I got some people I know to email him about some of the recommendations posted here (change in movesets mentioned in this thread and whatnot)

Who knows, maybe I could also get them to ask if he could make jigglypuff break her shield an auto-KO self destruct move like in brawl minus :troll:

EDIT: We need the old costumes from melee for jiggs back. I need the green bandana and king's crown :mad:

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not important, but I remember that the Nintendo Power Player's Guide had a name for every attack that the characters had and used in Melee. Here is Jigglypuff's.

Weak Attacks

1-2: Left Jab, Right Jab

Strong Attacks

Upward: Back Kick
Forward: Rolling Kick
Downward: Trip

SMASH ATTACKS:

Upward: Headbutt
Forward: Lunge Kick
Downward: Jiggly Split

Dash Attack: Jiggly Ram

Aerial Attacks:

Center: Jigglypuff Kick
Front: Drop Kick
Back: Spinning Back Kick
Up: Mow Down
Down: Spinning Kick

Special Attacks

Standard B: Rollout
Foward B: Pound
Upward B: Sing
Downward B: Rest

Grapples and Throw Downs

Pummel: Slap
Front: Bumper
Back: Back Buster
Up: Puff Launch
Down: Grinder

What do you think?

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
I'd love Jiggs to be like (s)he was in Melee, along with a few buffs like:

-Improved Speed

-Improved Range

-Allow Sing to be cancelled into jump, shield, attack, etc.

-Allow Rollout to be cancelled into jump, shield, attack, etc. if it hits something in mid-air

Ghirahilda

♥Smash Beauty♥
NNID
Marcelinho21
I'd love Jiggs to be like (s)he was in Melee, along with a few buffs like:

-Improved Speed

-Improved Range

-Allow Sing to be cancelled into jump, shield, attack, etc.

-Allow Rollout to be cancelled into jump, shield, attack, etc. if it hits something in mid-air
Then it will be a really top tier jiggly!

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
If sing could be canceled, that would result in the high possibility of a sing infinite and be generally overpowered because it would give you enough time to guarantee any option.

I do agree that sing should be made at least viable, but that's too much

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Sing is still too risky to use most of the time, since it's useless against airborne opponents. Additionally, if the opponent's current damage is too low, he/she will wake up before Sing even ends.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Sing is so useless in brawl,It needs more range and less lag.

Puff's smash attacks needs more range and less lag,also Puff needs more weight,I know she's a ballon pokemon but she dies to early,she needs at least the same weight G&W has.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Don't forget though that Jigglypuff is unique for the fact that if its shield breaks, it's almost guaranteed to get Star KO'd; a reference to what happens when a balloon pops. This is basically something that does not happen to anyone else, not even Pichu.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
Well,we have 2 options for SSB4 with Puff about it:
- Die after having the shield broken.
- Die after being a victim of a full charged Fsmash because of the dizzy animation after having the shield broken.

:troll:

That is not really important,it's easy to avoid having the shield broken with Puff.

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Wait, how could it cause an infinite? I thought there's no effect if you try to make an opponent fall asleep again while they're already sleeping and sing doesn't do damage so I don't think you could rack up damage with sing and then follow up with a powerful attack at KO %. =P

Well I suppose it could be cancelled, but maybe after some time, not right away. =P
-----------
I don't think Jiggs' shield is a huge problem unless you're fighting Peach LOL

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Wait, how could it cause an infinite? I thought there's no effect if you try to make an opponent fall asleep again while they're already sleeping and sing doesn't do damage so I don't think you could rack up damage with sing and then follow up with a powerful attack at KO %. =P
If the first thing that happens when you wake up is you get hit by another wave of Sing, you would fall asleep again.
It might not do damage, but with a percent or stock lead, you could just time your opponent out.

DerfMidWest

Fresh ******
Slippi.gg
SOFA#941
In melee if you canceled sing (via singstall) you could lock your opponent in the sleep state.

Also, how often is it for puff to get her shield broken? Nobody ever pressures puff's shield.

Honestly, puff should just be a reincarnation of her melee self.
Maybe with a more useful dair and d/usmash.
Oh and more range on nair.

She's really good in melee... With a few minor buffs she'd be pree amazing.
She doesn't need any major changes.

IhaveSonar

Smash Journeyman
Jiggz has the best shield in the game in terms of shield size compared to the size of her body. Dieing when her shield breaks is a cool, unique facet of Puff, but in reality her shield almost never breaks so it does not significantly affect her metagame.

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Jiggz has the best shield in the game in terms of shield size compared to the size of her body. Dieing when her shield breaks is a cool, unique facet of Puff, but in reality her shield almost never breaks so it does not significantly affect her metagame.
She did in 64, and she had the largest Light Shield in Melee in comparison to her body size. It's not really true in Brawl though.

Lukingordex

No Custom Titles Allowed
Switch FC
SW-6444-7862-9014
These are MUs that you need to run away.
If you just shield,you're not very intelligent...

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
^ I agree. New useless tier character that I can use to beat scrubs with :embarrass:

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
its a shame that so many people are wanting to cut her. Even over blatant clones. Shes original. I don't see why being pink and fluffy is a reason to deem her weak. Isn't Kirby also the same? Yet he is seen as more cooler among the casual male gamers.

Carlo_H.Luz

Smash Apprentice
I would like to see a new pokemon instead of jigglypuff. Maybe jigglypuff can be a dlc. I would like to see:
Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee
Electabuzz/Magmar/Jinx
Gengar/Alakazam
Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
Mew

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
I would like to see a new pokemon instead of jigglypuff. Maybe jigglypuff can be a dlc. I would like to see:
Hitmonchan/Hitmonlee
Electabuzz/Magmar/Jinx
Gengar/Alakazam
Zapdos/Moltres/Articuno
Mew
Some of those already appeared as pokeballs.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Some of those already appeared as pokeballs.
So was Charizard.

But yeah, I would be sad if Jiggs got cut. The only reason that people who want her cut because they are noobs who don't unerstand how awesome she was in Melee and/or 64.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
its a shame that so many people are wanting to cut her. Even over blatant clones. Shes original. I don't see why being pink and fluffy is a reason to deem her weak. Isn't Kirby also the same? Yet he is seen as more cooler among the casual male gamers.
Jiggz started off as a semi-clone of Kirby in SSB64, but eventually she got her own metagame later on. Also Jiggz is way more manly than Kirby will ever be. Puff Pound > Kirby's lousy hammer.

SmasherMaster

Smash Lord
NNID
TelevisionGamer
Actually, Jigglypuff was orginally planned to not be in Brawl. She/ He/ It is not seen in the credits of All-Star mode with the other veterans. She/ He/ It doesn't have a role in SSE while every other Brawl veteran does.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Just say she, lol.

And that fact doesn't prove Jiggz was planned to be scrapped. Her character was completed in development before Wolf and Sonic who were pretty much thrown in the last minute, that also explains the reason behind Sonic's moveset being unimaginative and just overall bad. Sonic had a part in SSE (Even though it was barely anything, just attacking Taboo. Whoop dee doo.)

dettadeus

Smash Lord
Actually, Jigglypuff was orginally planned to not be in Brawl. She/ He/ It is not seen in the credits of All-Star mode with the other veterans. She/ He/ It doesn't have a role in SSE while every other Brawl veteran does.
Because being in Brawl means she wasn't planned to be in Brawl.

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Obviously she was put there on accident then. Some prankster on the development team, perhaps? :troll:

jigglover

Smash Lord
No, it was me. I hacked into nintendo and sent Jigglypuff across the world using my incredible technology. Unfortunately, Nintendo found out and thought it would be funny to make her crap...

Madame puff

Smash Journeyman
I honsetly want to see a rest that does damage and knock back between Brawl and melee's.

Melee's was a just too good. I:

and Brawl's is.... it's just... Just depressing....

yoshi8984

Smash Lord
NNID
TimmyTendo
Switch FC
SW-6176-0583-0131
Nah IMO it should have Melee knockback, since you are vulnerable for like 3 seconds after using it and that's a lot of time to get to Jiggs. Even if you killed someone with it they'd still come back even before Jiggs wakes up. (Unless you're Star KO'd which takes a long time, then I think Jiggs would wake up before your opponent comes back that way)

...However, I kinda want them to make the range so that it could still hit if Jiggs uses it on the ground like in Smash 64. :p

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
I can't stand Nintendo anymore. I can't stand Brawl. I can't stand what they did to my Jigglypuff.

But if they correct a few things and make her playable again... I'll return to my roots and buy a WiiU. I miss the good days with good Nintendo games and a function-able Jigglypuff.

Hope it happens.:(

Top Bottom