• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Maybe they could port a 64 copy on the 3DS and a Melee copy on the Wii U or something? I'd take that over Master Pieces.

Lumina

Smash Rookie
Eeeh, to be honest, I can do without her in the next game.

She HAS become a staple in the series though, so I expect to see her in the game.

The Black mage

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2492-4215-1228
I just love using jigglypuff in event matches, probably because it is very funny to see this pink balloon whoop a friggin SUPER DRAGON.

But if you ask me about her(?)'s Moveset, I'd think pound should be nerfed. It makes it way too easy for you to recover. ;)

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
puff's pound is stupidly unsafe and easy to punish

and if you're referring to brawl puff, I don't even want to see the word "nerf" :glare:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
puff's pound is stupidly unsafe and easy to punish

and if you're referring to brawl puff, I don't even want to see the word "nerf" :glare:
Jiggz was in trouble anyways, as she only really has like, 4 effective moves in Melee? Forward Air, Back Air (which are about the same move in use), Forward Smash, and Pound? Unless you count the grabs and throws, thats about 4 moves. Plus the Neutral Air maybe..?

So yeah, when they literally nerfed all those moves, it's no surprise Jiggz was so bad in Brawl. Plus, physics really worked against her. It's quite an ugly sight actually, but yeah...

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
lol seriously? Jigglypuff is 3rd on the melee tier list for a reason.

Pros of Puff in melee, to only name a few:
-Superb aerial mobility
-Extremely difficult to kill other than off the top; near impossible to gimp
-Can hardly be combo'd because of how floaty she is
-All of puff's throws had use, two of them comboing into rest/combos and the other two being good for edge guarding
-ALL of her aerials are extremely useful, some are just more situational than others.
-Rest, obviously. idk how you guys forgot this
-Pound is useful in some situations, mostly against fastfallers to get a tech chase/reset, but otherwise unsafe and risky
-Jab was fantastic, a great interrupt and reset tool
-Up tilt is a great shield pressure/poke move that combos [into rest]
-Forward smash is a fantastic smash attack with good kill power that's safer than rest and good for roll/wavedash/tech reads or crouch cancel punishes
-Up smash is okay, very conditional but can lead into combos/resets/tech chases on fast fallers. Up tilt is usually a better option, but this move is still good
-Not to mention, puff has the best forward roll, being invincible 1 frame faster than every other character in the game

And lol, complaining at puff's recovery when you can puff any b button with meta knight and get back to the stage, after he glides to the other side of the map of course... Puff NEEDS good recovery in Brawl, since she dies at like ****ing 80% to most good characters. She might as well die at 0% to snake's up tilt :glare:

Puff is so awful in brawl, Nintendo just needs to find a good middle ground between melee puff and brawl puff and she'll be okay in Smash 4

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Rest was awesome yeah. But Jiggz, more than any character, has the tendency to spam the same move over and over again. Though I admit, I forgot about Rest's nerf.

Brawl's Puff was still very hard to combo, and still had good aerial mobility as in Melee. Just, her aerials don't do that much shield damage thus she is very easy to defend against. The physics of Brawl basically also contributed to her nerfing. Same with Captain Falcon.

But yeah, a mix between Melee and Brawl Puff would be the best. I miss the Wall of Pain man.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
I don't want Puff to be a man.

I want it to be KING again. :D

Miss that crown...

:phone:

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Melee Jiggs vs MetaKnight is a match I'd really like to see though...

Soon in Project M...

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Eye patch + pirate hat? Gangsta bandana + blunt in mouth?

It's 'curl' being straighted up as a sort of mohawk?

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
lol'd at those suggestions

but flower puff is the best puff! :embarrass:

#minorityopinion

phate

Smash Apprentice
Could someone explain why Jigglypuff was put in smash to begin with? It never seemed like the most notable or important pokemon.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Could someone explain why Jigglypuff was put in smash to begin with? It never seemed like the most notable or important pokemon.
There are two reasons, maybe more:
1. Its role in the anime. :bee:
2. Reusing Kirby's 3d model. >_>

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
It was fairly popular in Japan at the time the first game was released.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Ah I see. I honestly feel that as we have probably reached the max amount of playable Pokemon, Jiggs should be reduced to pokeball stats and give Mewtwo another turn. Lucario will probably be swapped for some 5th or 6th gen pokemon.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
Ah I see. I honestly feel that as we have probably reached the max amount of playable Pokemon, Jiggs should be reduced to pokeball stats and give Mewtwo another turn. Lucario will probably be swapped for some 5th or 6th gen pokemon.
I wouldn't like it if that happened. I want to see Mewtwo as a boss or just a trophy again. Jigglypuff should come back with a Final Smash that everyone can't evade, unlike Puff Up.

phate

Smash Apprentice
Says who? I love having Jiggs in Smash. She's a great troll character because everyone thinks she sucks.
Based on what Sakurai is saying about character additions. There is an interview in which he said that they have probably reached a limit of how many characters they can feasibly throw into the game.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2012/...ntity-change-direction-maybe-be-whats-needed/

So if we have reached a feasible limit of characters, we probably won't have many extra pokemon. I would guess that Lucario is getting scrapped in favor of some 6th gen pokemon.

They could surprise me though. Based on the wish list in your signature however, I would say you're in for a great deal of roster disappointment when the game releases.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
They HAVE to add a few characters. They're the main selling point of the game.

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Sure there'll be newcomers. And I would prefer Brawl Pokémon + Mewtwo honestly.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
reaching a character limit doesn't justify removing some of the original cast

puff is an idol, i'd be genuinly frustrated if they removed her

unfortunately, puff is looked down upon by casuals and has been irrelevant in the anime for ages. if anyone of the original cast, it would be puff

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
reaching a character limit doesn't justify removing some of the original cast

puff is an idol, i'd be genuinly frustrated if they removed her

unfortunately, puff is looked down upon by casuals and has been irrelevant in the anime for ages. if anyone of the original cast, it would be puff
I think Ness also hasn't been relevant for a while, Ness was almost cut in Melee, Jiggs in Brawl. I can also see Ness as most likely of being cut.

They need to return Puff after all his appearances in Smash, it would be disappointing if they just cut him. I'm for 95% sure that he'll return.

D

Deleted member

While its not likely either would be cut at this point, if there WERE cuts from the original 12, Jiggs and Ness would be the first two (and probably the only two) to go.

Thankfully, it doesn't seem likely it would happen.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I have a feeling the original 12 will stay for a very long time.

Brawl newcomers however. I'm scared for some of them.

Regardless, Jigglypuff should totally have Rest buffed. It should have Melee's power back.

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff needs to go back to being a Lethal Joke Character.
There was hardly anything Lethal about her in Brawl...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Her Rest move should've been nerfed to begin with. Strangely in Brawl, it puts a damage draining flower on the targets it hits... which I always found odd. Also in Brawl, the move changed from having an upwards diagonal knockback to having an entirely vertical knockback direction.

They should rebuff the move, but still keeping the flower for the lulz. Oh, and having an entirely random directional knockback (ranging from entirely forward horizontal to entirely vertical) for even more hilarity.

Capain Puff

Smash Cadet
Yeah, or just leave the attack like this and add a healing when Puff wakes up. The healing becomes much weaker the more you use it to avoid spamming. The attack is at least more like what it was in Pokémon. Or Jiggs just needs his destroyer Rest back.

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Not just Rest, but Sing also needs to be buffed. I needs a wider radius and the sleep inducing should be longer.

Also, replace Pound with Mega Punch.

Top Bottom