• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Jigglypuff Social Thread (read first post!)

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
Melee Jiggz is ****.

Make the Purin voice an option this time, as well.
For that matter, let us switch voices from English to Japanese on a per-character basis, like SF4 lets us do. I don't want to listen to Fox's boring English voice or Pit's grating voice ever again.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Japanese voice actors are most of the time so much better than their english counterpart.

Also, regarding Pit's voice. (Look at my reply in the Pit thread.)

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
Why, just why. You got that japanese woman Goku voice stuck in my head now. >_>

Edit: I guess i misspoke, so i changed it to most of the time rather than always. Happy? ✖✖

asia_catdog_blue

Smash Ace
Japanese voice actors are most of the time so much better than their english counterpart.

I wouldn't say that to Cowboy Bebop & Metal Gear Solid fans.

Also, Pit's Japanese voice was just as annoying.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096

If you can't understand Japanese, you'd think otherwise. On the flipside, subtitles can be utilized in those occasions.

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
I wouldn't say that to Cowboy Bebop & Metal Gear Solid fans.

Also, Pit's Japanese voice was just as annoying.
Most of the time, i know there are exceptions. I enjoyed Fullmetal Alchemist better in the english dub as well for example.

If you can't understand Japanese, you'd think otherwise. On the flipside, subtitles can be utilized in those occasions.
Japanese dubs and english subtitles is what i most of the time prefer, for both anime and video games (ones that has that option available.)

3Bismyname

Smash Champion
i really think this Japanese English voice acting debate isnt really an important debate at least when it comes to Jigglypuff

Pichu4SSB4

You're not going Turbo?
It may not be important, and many probably don't care. But i seriously love Jiggz' japanese Purin voice and i'd love to see it make it in the NTSC and PAL versions as an option like in Melee, but that's just me. ◕‿-

dettadeus

Smash Lord
I think in general it would be better to have the option to switch between both voices, especially on a character-by-character basis.
I got so tired of Jigglypuff's english voice that I spent two hours finding a brsar that had just Jigglypuff's japanese voice.

UltimateLoser

Smash Rookie
Lol I've never used Jiggly in melee, but she's so fun to use in brawl. Sing and Rest need to be more useful though, agreed with that.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I would appreciate if they returned Rest's power to what it was in Melee, it was complete overkill and an overdose of awesomeness. oh, but keep the flower effect from Brawl anyway for more hilarity.

D

Deleted member

Jigglypuff was the best at being a Lethal Joke Character in Melee.
In Brawl it was just a Joke Character.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
Jigglypuff was the best at being a Lethal Joke Character in Melee.
In Brawl it was just a Joke Character.
simply much this. I liked that they added a flower effect for Rest, but they shouldn't have nerfed the knockback.

it's completely hilarious to pwn anyone with Jigglypuff, a character generally seen as weak and useless, even in Pokémon games.

Krynxe

I can't pronounce it either
3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
But jigglypuff can learn stealth rocks now as of fifth gen :embarrass:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
But jigglypuff can learn stealth rocks now as of fifth gen :embarrass:
Based on its RPG data, Jigglypuff used to get Stealth Rock by TM, but it now has to rely on move tutors to learn the move. Unfortunately, tutored moves can't be bred, unless the baby can learn the move as an Egg Move.

Anyway, Jigglypuff is prone to getting 1-hit KO'd, unless it has a Focus Sash. Likewise, it would also need Trick Room assistance to attack first, which is easily overruled by increased priority attacks.

Needless to say, Jigglypuff is no good in the RPGs.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
omg a NFE that's useless? You sure shed some light on that mystery

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
Lol, I'll go ahead and say that we should re-rail this back to puff discussion

Puff just needs a solid form of killing, whether that be smashes, rest or gimps, she needs something going for her because none of that worked well for her in brawl. In melee, she was good in all three of these fields, especially those gimps.
Since you couldn't really gimp much in brawl, and they'll probably make gimping even more difficult in the next edition, I'm not very hopeful.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Lol, I'll go ahead and say that we should re-rail this back to puff discussion

Puff just needs a solid form of killing, whether that be smashes, rest or gimps, she needs something going for her because none of that worked well for her in brawl. In melee, she was good in all three of these fields, especially those gimps.
Since you couldn't really gimp much in brawl, and they'll probably make gimping even more difficult in the next edition, I'm not very hopeful.
Lol.
Anyway, I think nintendo should just remodel Jigglypuff altogether. Here is a move-set I've made for him:
Neutral B, Sing, Round, Hyper voice:
What move it is depends on how long you charge it. Instead of putting opponents to sleep, it deals damage. Sing makes 3 circles around him at about the Pikmin's size in a circle, each circle doing 8%. Round has 6 3-pikmin sized circles around Jigglypuff, with each ring dealing 10 damage. Hyper voice has the range of Olimar and 4 pikmin side-by-side around Jigglypuff, does 10 damage for each ring hitting you and has 5 rings. (My first hyper voice seemed broken, it could do 100% :embarrass:)

Side B, Body slam: (it was difficult choosing between this and wake-up slap, but I chose this.)
This is a little bit like Luigi's and Pikachu's, in the way that you launch yourself after charging, but these doesn't leave you helpless if you launch off-stage, and is focused on knock-back more than damage. You charge up Jigglypuff's attack, (You tell by how much since Jigglypuff inflates himself while you're charging) and once you let go of B it launches itself as if thrown down the stage. This has a very long range, from off-screen on the bridge of eldin to almost half-way along the bridge, and he goes out with his puffed up belly first. He only has 2 mid-air jumps if he goes off-stage and his recovery (and of course, body slam again for you AI who love using green missile to recover :troll:) and deals a LOT of knockback, lots of it.

Down B, Mimic:
Think about Kirby, only... It is a counter, unlike Kirby's, in the way that when you use it when an opponent hits you with a special, you use it too. After this, you can use it 5 more times (since in the pokemon games the move always ends up with 5 PP) and this can copy a neutral, side or down special, depending on what Jigglypuff was hit by.

Up B, Fling: (there is only one move Jigglypuff can learn that could possibly be an Up B, so I can see why Sakurai hasn't given Jigglypuff one yet, especially since this is kind of obscure anyway) Basically, Jigglypuff hurtles himself into the air with a shadow force. (since it is dark type) It throws Jigglypuff up a little bit taller than Mario standing on top of Bowser's head in Smash. This goes three times as high if Jigglypuff is holding an item and uses this, but the item disappears. Out of rays ray guns and ut of fire fire flowers etc. only launch Jigglypuff up twice as high (and a bit).

Final smash, Dream eater:
Jigglypuff since a particularly sweet Jigglypuff song putting everybody on stage to sleep, even in the air. Jigglypuff then starts sucking out their hit points and regaining his own, at a rate of 10 hit points a second taking, and 8 hit points a second replenishing. This lasts 15 seconds, and at the end of, they get launched as they would being hit by a rest attack in brawl and getting a flower on their heads if they don't die.

Tell me any comments, I know it isn't particularly likely this whole move-set will get in, but which attacks do you think would work best.

(Also, :207: beat :202: :troll:)

Edit: Good god, that is one wall of text!

PMysterious

Smash Rookie
^ That is something I wouldn't mind, but I would prefer my old school Jiggly as they can buff it to the point where it becomes at least Middle Tier again.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I like your hyper song idea. I would let Jiggs have it has a neutral aerial. A press of A would cause a sphere of sound waves to emit from the puff. The attack would do about 5 percent really close and less, the further away the opponent is in relative space. There would be no knock back, so the attack would only be for damage racking.

For her final smash, I think the team got halfway. Have Jiggs inflate like a balloon while slowly floating upwards. At the end, she blows out air and flies around the screen sporadically (which is somewhat controllable). She pushes opponents when she collides with them.

jigglover

Smash Lord
Thanks.
I like the final smash as well (the nintendo one) and think it would be good to have it like when jigglypuff faints in colosseum. All of the air gets let out of her and she starts richotcheing left and right across the screen, get smaller as she does, and then ends up flat on the ground. She then pumps herself back up and gets on with the brawl.

DarkKry4

Smash Ace
i tweeted Sakurai a pic of someone's Jigglypuff pallettes. I hope he uses them!

Diddy Kong

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-1597-979602774
Jigglypuff should be the ultimate glass canon. Even lighter than before, and a little smaller (still similar range on Aerials though) and have her use tools as Sing better. It could use some usability I feel as it's her signature move, her trademark. Make it only more effective at higher %'s for example so she can finish of better with a general lack of range. But make Pound as good as Melee again so she can approach without having to go aerial all the time. And make Rest actually heal, if only a little. I feel Jigglypuff's moveset is actually fine as it is, but her Roll Out could be replaced with whatever.

MasterMushroom

Smash Journeyman
Bring back the comboes(not the cheese cracker roll snacks)and da powar of da Melee rest!
Also the old hats - Green bandana,

Ribbons, etc.
The moment they took away the Green Bandana was the moment my life came tumbling down :c
TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOWN TUMBLING DOOOWN

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
That green bandanna does pretty much point out that Jigglypuff can be either gender, as it's a more masculine type of headgear when compared to the other hats in Jigglypuff's disposal.

shadowdude

Smash Apprentice
i think they should just make her like in melee exactly so we once again enjoy using her competitively.

Krynxe

3DS FC
4511-0472-1729
I think they should just port melee exactly so we once again enjoy playing smash competitively.

Top Bottom