• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Online Tutorials w/Veril (Class 1: Wavelanding)

Veril

Frame Savant
I want to demonstrate and teach Jigglypuff mains some of the technique. So I came up with the idea of having classes on wifi. I'd act as the instructor and you, the Jigglypuff students. If it works maybe someone else could teach.

I haven't written about wavelanding in a while. Its an incredible technique to use as Jiggs, pretty much extending the range of your air to ground game across the board, adding new approaches, and providing a safer way to retreat after b-air. Jigglypuff's grab game just becomes absurd with wavelanding and landing into sliding shields.

So I think instead of reviving an old thread, or posting a wall of text, I'm going to do a "wifi training seminar". Basically anyone interested should go PM me. Essentially I'm going to use the chat and online demonstrations to illustrate the concept and application of wavelanding.

So

Class #1: Wavelanding, Falldashing and Landing into a buffered sliding shield.
Prof: Veril, Please post here to register
Time: TBA, most likely 11 pm (eastern time)

I will not be making a video guide to wavelanding anytime soon.
That would be boring as h***, and I have a LOT of other smash projects already.

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I'm probably going to come, but my wii is on repair right now, so if it doesn't come back today (it's supposed to), I obviously won't be there.

I only really use wavelanding to help grabs after aerials.

Why the thumbs down icon?

Veril

Frame Savant
I'm probably going to come, but my wii is on repair right now, so if it doesn't come back today (it's supposed to), I obviously won't be there.

I only really use wavelanding to help grabs after aerials.

Why the thumbs down icon?
That is the best use for wavelanding but not the only one and besides... a lot of people don't know about buffered sliding shields. If you can't make it tonight and its a success I'll probably do it again.

Icon fixed.

PND

Smash Champion
Could you get the replays and post the logs for those who miss it? I think that would be beneficial for those who miss it but are still interested in learning about it.

Veril

Frame Savant
Could you get the replays and post the logs for those who miss it? I think that would be beneficial for those who miss it but are still interested in learning about it.
Not a bad idea.

ill teach students if ud like veril ;o
Wavelanding? No thanks, I'll handle that one. I definitely encourage people to teach other Jiggs though so teach away.

I don't need a TA though.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
I got a really good use for wavelanding

when your opponent is coming at you with an ariel is the scenario.
Have jigglys back facing them, waveland backwards under the ariel and grab them in the landing lag.

Great against characters that commit to ariels.You cant really be punished for this.If they hit you shield, its your shield so its fine.You have the frame advantage when you land so its all good.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
yeah posting the logs/replays would be cool.
personally i think an instructional video could help more people and be more efficient
aw heck i dont even know what wavelanding is

Veril

Frame Savant
yeah posting the logs/replays would be cool.
personally i think an instructional video could help more people and be more efficient
aw heck i dont even know what wavelanding is
I don't want to make an instructional video. This will take much less time for me and I'll be able to answer questions directly.

$haDy

Smash Apprentice
Get a replay please. ^^
Its pretty basic, for example if you are weaving around your opponent with bairs and ADs.Say your opponent GnW commits with a bair you waveland facing backward under him and grab him or whatever afterwards.Even if he hits you sheild(hitting the upper part of the shield) his momentum is going forward and yours is going backwards so you can still land the grab.

Olimar369

Smash Journeyman
Its pretty basic, for example if you are weaving around your opponent with bairs and ADs.Say your opponent GnW commits with a bair you waveland facing backward under him and grab him or whatever afterwards.Even if he hits you sheild(hitting the upper part of the shield) his momentum is going forward and yours is going backwards so you can still land the grab.
I can only see that working if they OVERcommit. Most players I know and that I see approaching with things like G&W's Bair usually DI forward then back again. Looks like you'd just get caught facing the wrong way and having your shield take all the hits. If they do overcommit though it sounds plausible...

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
I thought you didnt like WiFi Jigglypuff Veril? :p
I might attend, I think my Jigglypuff is actually getting better :O
Veril has recently seen that there s some (little) good in lag-fi.

And why would you need to be shown how to do it? watching a vid and doing what you see is just as effective.

EDIT: Oh, because you wouldn't bee seeing veril do it in teh real.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
You guys should be teaching us how to be magical, cause that's what you're pros at.

I could teach people how to anticipate play styles and read attacks, but for now I'll just encourage people to post questions in my thread more.
(post questions in my thread more.)
This one http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=222094

btw way I would participate but that's too late for me, I'm a tired puff.

Please have some repeat lessons perhaps?

for those who can't come, but also for those who want mopre experience.

Metatitan

Smash Master
i dont have a mic so that wouldnt work. and yeah rhed i can try and teach u magic but u gotta stop being ground bound

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
i dont have a mic so that wouldnt work. and yeah rhed i can try and teach u magic but u gotta stop being ground bound
I'd imagine your computer would have one built in. Not having a mic would slow everything down, making the classes not even worth while.

There's no way to learn something, without being told what you're doing wrong. All I can imagine, is a bunch of people trying to wave land in a laggy wifi, when they could just do it on training mode. Unless the people are actually being taught, this training session can only hurt players.

How on Earth do you figure that?

353 to 531?
...353 and 531 look so much alike at first glance. I noticed it a second afterwards and edited it anyways. >_>

Tarmogoyf

Smash Master
I can't come :( my wii came in, but my internet acess is out (I was bumming my neighbours wifi so I wouldnt need to buy an adapter)

It's still a great idea.

Veril

Frame Savant
you should make a video

when are you going to start going to big tournys and wreck with j-money
I'm not going to make a video anytime soon. I have a bazillion smash projects as it is.

I will be using the xat chatroom to faciliate this. Maybe a mic if I figure that out. So it'll be interactive. Thus... a seminar. Duh.

As to the second question, I went to GIMPED1 last weekend.

SR-71

Smash Apprentice
it's obvious u should make vid. it takes more time to set up and host a class than to make a video. you're going to be typing all the crap in the chat anyway, just type it into youtube annotations instead! it's pi3ce o cake. plus, if ppl forget something later they can just watch the video again. :]

Metatitan

Smash Master
it's obvious u should make vid. it takes more time to set up and host a class than to make a video. you're going to be typing all the crap in the chat anyway, just type it into youtube annotations instead! it's pi3ce o cake. plus, if ppl forget something later they can just watch the video again. :]
but classes are more fun

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
Heha, sign me up, if you can do 4 people at once. I'm on all the time.
I get off work pretty early.

Will you communicate through taunts, or use the xat? Xat, I imagine.

RhedKing

Smash Journeyman
oh god please not taunts.

the attempt of taunt chat is horrible, it's not even chat, it's charades, confusion, and misinterpretation.

Veril

Frame Savant
I will use the Xat, as soon as 3 people express an interest and post the times in which they are available I'll make this happen.

:mad:

Bird Law Aficionado
BRoomer
3DS FC
3351-4631-7285
I already asked about this.
I'm good pretty much any time, mostly after 4 pm when I get off. Uhh, and I'm up pretty late.
So any time past 4 pm works for me.

Top Bottom