• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff General Discussion Thread (Q&A)

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
It is off.

I even made sure by tapping up and I got no jump.

It's not a jump, there's no jump animation, Jiggs just all of a sudden floated upward, she's done it a few times.

The closest thing I can think of is the long-range LCS Veril posted on Youtube ages ago, where Jiggs floats upwards using sing. The difference is I wasn't under a ledge and I wasn't using sing.

I thought you guys would know about this already.

teluoborg

Smash Otter
Premium
NNID
teloutre
Looks like you held the jump button for to long.
If you don't let go jump fast enough after a mid air jump it'll "buffer" another jump, making it look like the first jump didn't end.
Might happen if you jump then hold up, but I'm not sure.

If it's not then I demand vids because I have no idea of what you're talking about.

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
I tried just holding jump and she just continuously hops up.

This was different, she would just float upward without changing animation, about the vertical length of about 2-3 mid-air jumps.

It was on wifi, and I remember already being mid-air (higher than the platform on Japes) so I probably had already done mid-air jumps. It happened a few times but I can't replicate it.

It might have something to do with the mechanics that allows the long-range LCS.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
its a footstool either while your opponent is grounded or on the ledge, its a recovery method when you run out of jumps. edgegaurd a cpu and just keep ledge hopping and watch them shoot up above you over the ledge

Dre89

Smash Hero
NNID
Dre4789
its a footstool either while your opponent is grounded or on the ledge, its a recovery method when you run out of jumps. edgegaurd a cpu and just keep ledge hopping and watch them shoot up above you over the ledge
It wasn't at the edge, or anywhere near the opponent.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
if you can't replicate it, it's probably nothing or a random glitch. Or its something extremely obvious that your just not describing enough to answer

Maniclysane

Smash Lord
B-sticking's only application is for resting though multi hit moves because it allows you to DI freely with the control stick, and rest.
Sadly, this is it's only application and it does it's job very well.
Don't B-stick, having free control over aerials and DI is a much better substitute.
No.

B-sticking lets you do crazy pound tricksies. B-reversed pounds can be a great way to abuse the priority and erratic movement. B sticking definitely has its uses. I would still listen to M-Wuz, and use a regular c-stick for DI, because with how light Jigglypuff is, she definitely needs it.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
You can still do the pound tricks without B-sticking, it's only harder to do, but definetly not impossible.

For anyone wondering how to do it, Pound in opposite direction you want to go and immediately tap the other direction.

The White Zeton

Smash Rookie
(Moved by request)

Hello, I had some questions about Jigglypuff's ability to link dair to Rest.

1. What enemy characters does this tend to work on?
  2. Is this technique guaranteed?
  3. Either way, are there any other (guaranteed) options out of dair, like Kirby f-smash?
  4. When is the best time to fast-fall?
  5. What should Jigglypuff do if they block the dair?

Thanks.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Hello, I have some answers about Jigglypuff's ability to link dair to Rest. Rest is such an amazing move, you should try to use it all the time in Brawl!

What enemy characters does this tend to work on?

All of them!

Is this technique guaranteed?

Absolutely! On all enemies, at all levels of damage! Do it all the time!

Either way, are there any other (guaranteed) options out of dair, like Kirby f-smash?

Of course, you can potentially do almost any move in Jigglypuff's amazing ground moveset as a true combo! Even a Kirby-style forward smash!

When is the best time to fast-fall?

Jigglypuff shouldn't fast-fall, because landing on the ground faster hurts.

What should Jigglypuff do if they block the dair?

Just keep going and Rest anyway!

Thanks.

You're very welcome. I live to serve.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Guys, try to resist trolling. If you don't have a legit answer to give, don't give one at all.

Thanks.

Thinkaman

NNID
Thinkaman
3DS FC
1504-5749-3616
Are you implying that counsel given here is not in fact serious? That's somewhat rude and undermining the validity of this board/topic.

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnCFo2HRcB0

havok found this a while back, your probably doing this on the curved ledge, but with an air move

^^^^^^ thats not it
like i said woody if i can have some that can do vids i will post it
can you at least explain where on the stage it happend and what air move you used :/
im just throwing out possibilities, but you have to explain what happend or we can't really help you

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
can you at least explain where on the stage it happend and what air move you used :/
im just throwing out possibilities, but you have to explain what happend or we can't really help you
=] sure
ok pictochat is the stage...on the ledge, while she is holding on to the ledge preform her/his(green) forward areial but slighty go onto the stage.............rrrrr :urg: srry woody i really dont know how to explain it ...i would like to show you instead :( its sorta kinda a scar or w/e....:(:(

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
Question.

Which move(s) is the best to attack with to avoid shield grabs? (excluding grabbing)
yea you can DI away from your OPP with bair i also use Nair when her feet do a split kinda thing but not sure if it works all the time...idk the details tho

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
just drop down and follow the slope while fairing. The animation ends as you land on the stage. It works on sv and bf as well, it just looks cooler on picto
@Joe

lucy!JOE!

Smash Cadet
thats cool. But does it suck? can it be used as a way to get back on the stage or maybe like a regular jab to make the animation faster?

Vmage

Smash Journeyman
Ok it's Canada. That's it no more details.
why attack their shield when you can turn around and AIR DODGE THROUGH THEM? (seriously ^^)

squirtle can do the slide too, and goes farther than puff. here's a frame-slowed vid of squirtle doing it - it's the same concept. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lc5sXjIadUU&NR=1
That's what I do. I simply air dodge through them and then grab them. Grabs are my favourite.:) Sadly the throws don't have good combos.:(

Another question.

What was the highest known ranking Jigglypuff got in a tourney/tournament? (example: 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc.)

GeneralWoodman

Smash Lord
didn't that one guy from that clan win a 40-60 person tournament with puff a long time ago? He just spammed rollout and no one punished him lol. sorry thinkaman, but that guy takes the title

Top Bottom