• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Jigglypuff Alliance

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226576

So I believe they are talking about having each character board make an alliance with another character board in order to promote more research on specific double match-ups. I'm not completely sure on the idea but as it's being discussed more it is starting to seem like it may be useful in some ways. In my personal opinion competitive doubles should be given more attention and receive more input. So far this idea seems like a pretty good way to promote that.

What do you guys think? Any interest in forming an alliance with another board? And if so, Which board should We Jigglypuff's Ally with?

Vote in process: Should The Jigglypuff boards support this new idea of forming an alliance with another Character Board?

Yes: 2

No: Over 9000

"No" wins =(
Therefor the Jigglypuff Boards will not perticipate in forming an alliance with another board.
This may now be closed.

*JuriHan*

Smash Master
3DS FC
1392-4901-1779
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=226576

So I believe they are talking about having each character board make an alliance with another character board in order to promote more research on specific double match-ups. I'm not completely sure on the idea but as it's being discussed more it is starting to seem like it may be useful in some ways. In my personal opinion competitive doubles should be given more attention and receive more input. So far this idea seems like a pretty good way to promote that.

What do you guys think? Any interest in forming an alliance with another board? And if so, Which board should We Jigglypuff's Ally with?
Your sig makes no sense. "Watashi no" translates into "I's"

Noobicidal

Smash Master
Uhh no, I think you're reading it too literally. "Watashi no" means "my."

On topic: Obviously everyone knows that Jigglypuff and Ganondorf were meant to be together ;)
It's like you... know me or something.

/salutes

|RK|

Smash Marketer
How does ZSS's stun and Jigglypuff's sing work together? Someone must test.

:lucario:

HiddenBowser

Smash Master
nothing bad meant by this but... I think this is a ******** idea. One character pairing up with another? Seems really stupid and pointless and like nothing will come out of this. Looking at doubles is cool but not like this.

Doubles is a completely different game. Sure you can do some sweet stuff but most of it is only applicable in 2 on 1's. And doubles, for the most part, isn't about what sweet stuff you can do with each other's character but rather, you need to first learn how to watch your ****ing teammates back and learn that it's not two 1 on 1's going on but you should be always be working off each other.

And most of the stuff capable of doing with 2 characters will normally be known by 1 of the players if they're good. For instance, I think a lot of DDD's can figure it out pretty fast that if you down throw a character, a move that can send them back fast, like MK down smash, can lead to an up tilt or something. Only the DDD needs to know about it to tell his teammate. And it's fairly obvious.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
*sigh* ....I made this because I figured it would rotate out over periods of time. Okay, think of this, if you know exactly what a character can do with your character, things that may be less obvious come to light. Like, let's say you have a deadly combo, that most people won't think about (most people just separate it with one person as the stock tank, or send someone into a kill move, no one has seriously thought of chaining moves together) you can give your partner a subtle synchronized clue, right? Then you begin said combo. Many people have said what Bowyer said, and that has led to doubles being researched about 1/5th as much as singles. Everyone knows what can chain into each other, obvious things. But the less obvious things, like moves that wouldn't work in singles, how one character can boost a partner's move, trigger a counter, use as a footstool to chase high flying enemies... much more to be researched. As a result, doubles aren't as great as singles. There's no harmony, no crazy combos no one knew about months ago... and that's simply because everyone looks at doubles in the same way. Your partner is there to stop chaingrabs, whatever. This attitude can be translated into singles as, just use moves that K.O. the opponent after racking up damage. Yet we have so many ATs, so we know that's not popular in singles. Please reconsider...?

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Snake and Jiggs

Grab release > sing > c4 stick
sing > u-tilt
d-throw > opponent roll > snake gimp or rest (left right or get up)

Gannon and jiggs

Grab release > sing > Pawnch
Aireal gimp > thunder spike

PND

Smash Champion
I don't think you play top level doubles >_> Niko and I have done some crazy combos.

Doubles >>>> Singles anyway. Dblz is 2 gud.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I don't think you play top level doubles >_> Niko and I have done some crazy combos.
Well, do you practice beforehand? If so, then I'm sure you do. But I'm saying it'll help other people. Like, I saw a topic asking for help. Partners are chosen randomly right before the matches. This would especially help those people and those who assume their character sucks in doubles.

Ukemi

Smash Apprentice
I think we should try Luigi. I'm pretty sure a easy PING! to PING! combo could be found. Although we can already do that with double puffs.

EraOfGames

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2895-7773-5577
Jiggs + Snake
or
Jiggs + Diddy
She can float in the air and avoid all of their item crap :D so she won't be a (or as much) liablity.
I think this might be a good idea as long as you switch alliances like every month/3 weeks. Wouldn't want to be a good doubles team with only one character..
EDIT: Jiggs + Luigi sounds sexy too..Weegee dragon punch and Jiggly rest ;o

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Voting time for Jigg Board users.
First we will vote whether or not to support this idea and form an alliance with another board for every 3 months. If it is decided that we will do so, we will then vote for which board to form an alliance with. So from her on vote Whether your in favour of forming an alliance or not in favour. The voting period will end Next Saturday.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Actually, please also tell me if I should make the time period less.

Gea

Smash Master
nothing bad meant by this but... I think this is a ******** idea. One character pairing up with another? Seems really stupid and pointless and like nothing will come out of this. Looking at doubles is cool but not like this.

Doubles is a completely different game. Sure you can do some sweet stuff but most of it is only applicable in 2 on 1's. And doubles, for the most part, isn't about what sweet stuff you can do with each other's character but rather, you need to first learn how to watch your ****ing teammates back and learn that it's not two 1 on 1's going on but you should be always be working off each other.

And most of the stuff capable of doing with 2 characters will normally be known by 1 of the players if they're good. For instance, I think a lot of DDD's can figure it out pretty fast that if you down throw a character, a move that can send them back fast, like MK down smash, can lead to an up tilt or something. Only the DDD needs to know about it to tell his teammate. And it's fairly obvious.
This.

What's more is its all partner/character dependant. 3 Months is a LONG time and if you want to discuss doubles, make it like a character matchup discussion. Though honestly the issue in doubles seems a bit complex for the character boards.

See no matter who you team up with you can find out team combos. (By the way sing in doubles is trash. Actually sing is pretty trashy in general...) Your issue is going to be coming in contact with a team that hard counters yours. For example let's say your team is Peach/Jiggs.

Any team with a GW on it is going to give you a hard time. ESPECIALLY if its a character that is paired well with GW like Pika or Meta. So as a doubles player sometimes the best option is to switch characters.

Playing other characters in doubles well is a much easier task as long as you can play doubles well in the first place. You see, in doubles spacing perfectly all of the time and approaching carefully is not very practical, so all you really need to learn is how to effectively go on par with someone while waiting for team setups/ helping your partner. Specific character matchup tricks (like CGs, for example) are toned down GREATLY in teams and matchups can swing drastically from singles -> doubles.

I'm all for discussing doubles anywhere, as doubles are way too good, but you need to understand how doubles function before attempting to make an organized discussion on the matter.

|RK|

Smash Marketer
Gea, I attempt to learn from this as well. It's much like when I don't know a character, and how I go to the guides to find out (I intend for this to be almost exactly like singles discussion), and the videos to learn the best style of play suited to that character. After all, even those who are completely ignorant of matchups can create a matchup thread, right? These alliances are, for all intents and purposes, a learning experience.

M-WUZ-H3R3

Smash Lord
Best jigglypuff team ever.

Pick japes, jigglypuff and claptrap FTW!

Team combos liek you've never seem before!

Top Bottom