• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Japanese Video Thread

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Sumabato videos have been uploaded to the westsmash channel.

1st 9B :popo:
2nd SLS :falco: [used MK vs 9B but got *****]
3rd Masashi :pit:
4th Selcia :metaknight:
5th Aki :falco: / Rain :metaknight:

Only top 3 are confirmed yet.

:059:

Nike.

Smash Hero
How come the new JP vids have APEX2012 in the title? Are they using the same ruleset to prepare or something?

Chuee

Smash Hero
How come the new JP vids have APEX2012 in the title? Are they using the same ruleset to prepare or something?
pretty sure it was, since they were using stages like frigate, and Japan never uses frigate

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I'm a convert to the church of SLS, I heard he was just a wifi Falco from someone and kinda ignored him, but seeing his recent matches, he's really, really awesome.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
ssbbmania1 has a couple of new sets on his channel but I'm not going to include them in the OP because they're not tournament and the skill gaps between the likes of Ocean, Kakera, Rakyawo and Aki to some of the others is noticeable. And since pretty much everybody has subscribed to that channel anyway most people will take note of it in the next weeks, after that the videos will be less interesting in general.

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
Hey Gheb, I know the US players can be full of themselves but do you really think the World team of Brawlers without Gluttony and 9B can take on the US's best in a crew battle?

My mind is thinking 5 or so Japan players, Mr. R, Ally, and possibly Holy.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Lets just wait and see :)
Its useless to discuss about as there are way to many unknown things to predict.
But I think Rest will do pretty solid against US. But probably losing. We'll see.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Hey Gheb, I know the US players can be full of themselves but do you really think the World team of Brawlers without Gluttony and 9B can take on the US's best in a crew battle?
If you're referring to the Apex crew battle then I guess it's becoming a losing battle because of the numbers. US has too many options available compared to the world crew [whom I believed to have El included but I haven't seen him in the sign-ups] but I think the best international crew minus Glut / 9B would beat the best US crew.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
As a player he has the skill for it. But his character won't allow him to upset anything that isn't MK imo.

Keitaro

If you're referring to the Apex crew battle then I guess it's becoming a losing battle because of the numbers. US has too many options available compared to the world crew [whom I believed to have El included but I haven't seen him in the sign-ups] but I think the best international crew minus Glut / 9B would beat the best US crew.

For some reason I completely forgot who EL is :embarrass:

I'm actually a little surprised I don't see much top names from Europe signed up yet like Mr. R, Luigi Player, etc. Mr. R won the Road to Apex tourney in EU so he should be signed up already.

I hope EL isn't from Japan, cause Strife told me he signed up all the Japanese players himself so I don't think anymore will be coming from Japan that aren't already signed up (except maybe Suinoko)

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
El is also known as Eru - El being the "original" japanese spelling, Eru being the pronunciation [as you see he is from Japan].

The other EU people are hard to move. Calzorz has just decided to come back into brawk, Lp can't go [he was going with me but I can't anymore], a lot of the better players from germany are waiting cheap for last-minute offers [Quiksilver, reaper] so it's basically a gamble on whether they'll come or not and who knows what the frenchies are thinking [some of them signed up but none of them are high-level players IIRC].

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Yeah, it's pretty slick, I guess that's the character he uses in the ditto then? lol

I think Cross started to figure out Kie's peach too late mid-game, he shouldn't have played near the ledge so much, Kie just kept throwing Cross off and getting free damage practically.

Keitaro

Btw Gheb, I just heard from Leon that he had something to do so he couldn't go to Apex but that thing got cancelled so he may be coming again.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Btw Gheb, I just heard from Leon that he had something to do so he couldn't go to Apex but that thing got cancelled so he may be coming again.
That's pretty awesome! You should play his Peach if you get the chance to. Secretly, it's still his best character ^_^

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
Those are the videos of the Christmas Sumabato tournament. Results aren't out of the ordinary:

1st 9B :popo:
2nd SLS :falco: :metaknight:
3rd Cross :sheik:
4th Souther :snake:
5th Nagahari :diddy:
5th ???

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
LOL

The results according to the page were
68 entrants
1: 9B
2: SLS
3: Cross
4: Souther
5: Nagahari
5: Aki
7: Kie
7: Isotaku
9: Kuro-obi
9: Raou
9: Moyomoto
9: Yamato
13: Akira
13: Misaki
13: Kuroan
13: Fii-Sakura

Keitaro

Thanks.

Heard the Japanese and Mr. R arrived in NY last night. Gonna find them RIGHT now where ever they are and record some HD replays. Expect them to be up tomorrow.

I have NO idea where the hell they are right now lmao, but expect replays up tomorrow.

xDD-Master

Smash Champion
Thanks.

Heard the Japanese and Mr. R arrived in NY last night. Gonna find them RIGHT now where ever they are and record some HD replays. Expect them to be up tomorrow.

I have NO idea where the hell they are right now lmao, but expect replays up tomorrow.
OMG looking forward to this :D

Nice nice. Apex Week TOO GOOD!

Mike2

Smash Ace
Thanks.

So did you end up finding them?

Keitaro

Yup! Never got beaten so bad in my life lol, and I've played M2K and Ally multiple times before. At least I can get those 2 down to last stock but Kakera and Nietono? :l

Ill have replays up early tomorrow morning.

I'm going to just assume I had a bad day though lol. I have 2 stocked Brood in tourney before but lol at that ever happening vs Nietono.

Keitaro

Keitaro vs Kakera

Keitaro vs Ocean

Replays of Nietono vs myself will go up in 12ish hours. Going to sleep now (6 am where I am)

Japanese players are awesome. Nietono and Kakera make fun of Otori all day. They start mashing out of grabs before they even get grabbed, like they predict when a grab is going to happen. Alot of people are going to lose money to Nietono since some douche taught him how to say money match in English.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
lol, I love how people looked at Cross v. 9B and said "ICs are b0rk3n!" or "Cross sux", and I was like "Well, if you consider that it's like the definition of a hard counter, and there's still a definite skill gap between the two, then yes, he did suck".

Tesh

Smash Hero
Looks like M2K> Otori. No big surprise there, he isn't Japan's best MK is he?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Otori is a high-level MK from Japan, but as far as I know he's almost always been outplaced by another Meta Knight, whether it was Rain, Kakera, or someone else. He seems to make top 12 a lot, with his best placement being 3rd out of 80 under Nietono and Rain, notably placing above El, Kakera, and Yui.

Top Bottom