• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
nothing tomorrow. i decided against going to the mall i REALLY need the sleep

DAVID BRANDON
the dates will be jan 16-18 (maybe 19th)
we NEED to get our hotel reservation for sat sunday maybe monday done by the 25th of THIS month
we also need three other people to room with us so the 89$ a night gets cut by 6 so it wont cost us everything.
we also need a plan of attack as to what is going to go down and how everything is gonna work.
so far i believe its david takes bus to dayton (fri night or EARLY sat morning), i pick him up and sleep (fri) or leave for maryland (sat) we are gonna get there some time in the afternoon on saturday as this day is for melee and brawl isnt until sunday. We stay sat night, sunday brawl, sunday night, monday brawl, probablly monday night and leave EARLY tuesday morning. after that idk

also this guy is ******
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r7HN7THecwg&feature=related

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
We should be able to do that for January, and I know I have until Feb. to find an job since I know I'll have money to cover for that month (don't know how I forgot about financial aid). Also I registered for classes and so far it looks like I don't have anything for Tues or Thurs. I'm taking PHOTOSHOP!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Wait... do we need to have the hotel paid by Sat?
I can't afford it yet... In fact, I can't afford much of anything until I get back from France.

Also, I'm not sure about the Greyhound plan. I'll have to look into it, but I may not be able to afford doing that.
Would it be too much trouble for you to come pick me up up here? If it is, then I'll try my hardest to save money (should be doable since I have a roomate finally) to take a bus down to Cbus the day you leave, in which case you could pick me up there, since it's on the way.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Wait... do we need to have the hotel paid by Sat?
I can't afford it yet... In fact, I can't afford much of anything until I get back from France.

Also, I'm not sure about the Greyhound plan. I'll have to look into it, but I may not be able to afford doing that.
Would it be too much trouble for you to come pick me up up here? If it is, then I'll try my hardest to save money (should be doable since I have a roomate finally) to take a bus down to Cbus the day you leave, in which case you could pick me up there, since it's on the way.
Why are you in France?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
we need to reserve the hotel by the 25 of dec must register for pound 4 by the end of dec
if i do come all the way to get you it adds 6-8+ hours of travel for me for one day (plus the 7 hours to maryland) however i forgot about bussing to c-bus that would be doable for sure i could def get you there
its gonna cost me *****loads in gas
cool that you got a roomate now you can save some monies and visit us moar (especially when we move out RIGHT after pound4)

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
No Body Answered My Question?! Why Is David In F******** France?!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Visiting family and bringing my GF to visit France. Going to be gone a little over 3 weeks, meaning 3 weeks without a pay check, + huge costs for traveling, as well as having to pay December's rent in advance since I'll be in France January 1st.

Would it be possible for me to pay you back the hotel when we actually go? I can't afford to pay it in advance. Hell, paying it (+gas, tourny entry, food, etc.) then will be tough, but doable, but right now I really can't.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
I have NO idea how much money im going to have for all of this. we still need three other people to get the hotel with us also one of them needs a credit card unless you have one as idk if we can even get the hotel without one. Idk if you even pay the hotel in advance just register. if you could check the website (its in the pound 4 thread) you may be able to find some stuff out. if thats the case then it wont be an issue. but you DO have to prepay to register for pound 4

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Yeah, I know. I'll set aside some of my next paycheck to prepay, or do it with what I'll receive from work when I'm in France (I'll be paid the week after X-mas for the week I work before I leave.).

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Have you asked anyone on the Pound bus from OH?

Also, if that fails, we could ask in the Pound thread itself.
How much is the hotel anyway?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
89 a night. with 6 people it is $15 bucks a night for a MARIOT hotel which is a STEAL

for us it will cost $45 or 60 for the whole time were there

no i havent asked anyone yet

so we get there sat, check in to hotel. brawl sunday and monday and i guess check out tues? so that means four days of hotel stay

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I guess I'll see you guys at 9:00-10:30. Hopefully someone narrows that down for me a little so that I can (hopefully get a little extra sleep).

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i am getting up at 8:30 - 9 leaving immediately and picking up people in this order:
brandon
richard
fizz

i want to get there early to secure parking

i also require 5-10 (10 if possible im REALLY hurting for it right now) in gas money as my car is on E atm and we will definitely become stranded as my bank account munies is very very low until next wed

*edit :mad: this would be the night of all nights to get insomnia
since none of us are entering dubz i believe (i cant afford it)
i guess im gonna sleep in until 9:30 then do what i said earler

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Don'tcha hate insomnia before tournies? Happens to me so often it's not even funny...

Also, I'm posting around to find others to split the costs with.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Don'tcha hate insomnia before tournies? Happens to me so often it's not even funny...
I used to when I started competitive smash, but I learned a way to deal with it. For big enough tournies, I make a point to wake up early the day before the tourney, so that night I'm tired. I'm not sure if it'll help you, but it's worth a shot.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
well i have chronic insomnia that happens randomly, but i'll sure to give it a try.
also said insomina unfortunately affected my playing and i placed bad in bracket. but outside of that (every one has bad days) i had alot of fun so i dont really care this time around.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I used to when I started competitive smash, but I learned a way to deal with it. For big enough tournies, I make a point to wake up early the day before the tourney, so that night I'm tired. I'm not sure if it'll help you, but it's worth a shot.
Sadly, that doesn't seem to work for me. I've tried it before.

That being said, it's been happening less recently, so I guess that's good.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
This is what I learned from each of my matches against people I haven't played much of.

Infern and Nope - I learned that I have to watch out for Snake's nades/prox. mines/mines or I will take on a massaive amount of damage. Don't fall for the mindgames or else I'll find myself eating a boot on the ground or in the air. Working on that will help me later on.

Lou - After reflecting that match, it all came down to being a Who-Got-There-First match. I could see what he was going to do but he beat me to it before I could counter it. As long as I can get ahead of him with attacks, I can beat him.

Y.b.M. - Never get above ZSS. That's a no-no. She can be beaten but execution needs to be dead on.

Z - Learn his MK.

Baro - How Lou lost to his ICs I don't know, but other than that he's not a problem.

Today - Is getting better?! She took stocks off of AZ which I was impressed by. Don't underestimate her.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
....okay i want it too
can i have two of them?
my reading ability has apparently gotten REALLY good.
i used my off day to learn peoples patterns so i can be ready for the next tournament.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I want to host a Brawl- tournament just so I can use broken GnW. I just read the judgement PAC and I am happy that 1's will no longer be useless.

1-Breaks shields, 1% recoil
2-Trips, more damage
3-More Knockback, Damage
4-More Damage, More Knockback, Darkness
5-All hits Spike
6-More knockback, and damage
7-More damage
8-More damage
9-Hitbox size increased (even with other #'s)

EDIT: I'm afraid of Warlock punch. (Took Bowser from 73% to 772%)

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
I got a few tokens left, and I'll have to see bcause I gotta watch the puppy until my grandmother gets back from the hairdresser

should probably be ready around 1 or 2.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
kewl cuz ima sleep

i got screwed over by adrian at work
sunday (i should say monday) night i clocked out at 12:30 am
was supposed to leave at 10:30 PM
i had to be at work the this morning at 5 AM
i worked 20 out of 24 hours since sunday X[ im so tired

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID