• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I was so pumped for TMNT smash until I realized that there would be no edge-guarding or the ability to live to 400% with crazy DI or any of the stuff that - for me - really makes smash, smash. Also no Samus. Also it looks kinda wonky. I haven't actually tried it but I have my doubts. I do love TMNT, though. Casey Jones is so badass. When do I get to break something?
You pretty much summed up all the thoughts that went through my head today when I learned that Viewtiful Joe had a Smash-style fighting game, then learning why it bombed. :ohwell:

Also, Ethan, that buzzer was to show how right I was, right?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
But... Viewtiful Joe is awesome. It is truth (Not the Red Hot Rumble thing. That does look bad, but priced at $5, I'll probably give it a try anyway.).

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
lol i hate your for that backpack brandon

and maybe i should have used the price is right fail noise instead lol
You maaad, you maaaaaaaaaaaaaaad

EDIT: I won't be going to the mall tomorrow, gotta pack up for tomorrow and then be this guy.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
NOW I HAVE NOTHING TO DO TOMORROW

I have tooooo many matchups to figure out before D.E. (it turns out 60:40 matchups still take some work to learn). That reminds me I need to learn the mk vs marth matchup so that if I marf cps me to norfair I can go "haha". I know I'll find some stuff out there but if someone's got any helpful tips in that matchup *slowly turns to scribbz* I'd like to hear em.

clowsui

Smash Legend
@fizzle: norfair is garbage for marth, no marth will ever take you there if he's intelligent

MK vs. marth in general is just camping the balls off of marth anyways, so it's just easier to do on norfair iirc

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
hey whats going down now that fall quarter is over? idk even if sinclair campus is open i think it is
i still get tues and thurs off (but i still go the mall tuesday after 3)

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Good. I am playing Wifi more and more, to test certain MU points (What beats what, what clashes with what, what outranges what, etc.), and work on mindgames, keeping cool in matches, and, to a certain extent, spacing.

So yeah, add my FC and possibly AIM, and we'll play sometime.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Umm... I found the controller, My brother in law had it... So i think it's urs actually scribz

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Yessssssssssssssss.

This Saturday I can take it back. Oh yeah, when are you guys leaving to go to/from the tourney. I might need a ride.

Dayton's taking 1st in pools, right? Btw yours is EZ Scribz.:laugh:

Lastly, teamsies (if not, i don't really mind missing doubles all that much, so no pressure).

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
idk i havent even planned anything yet. i guess we'll just leave like 2 hours before the event, i can prolly get us housing with my dad if im too tired to drive home after it. the venue is off of high street. i dont even need to map it XD

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Fizz actually would've had it if I didn't have to be at work, then by the time I got there I was off that day.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
That day sucked. I coulda watch more of drunk M2K. But no, had to not be at work in a hurry.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
An extra hour of that would've been nice. If there's something going on tomorrow, I'll be able to come, but I won't have a ride home if I do....

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
All the Ohio Brawlers need to go to Detroit to eat the Absolutely Ridiculous burger.

Top Bottom