• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
I'm in. Is anyone gonna be there on Tuesday, I wanna play some more Marf vs Fox with Adam. Also, I'm switchin to Mario for low tiers. As it turns out he is a good character.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
lol yea mario aint half bad especially against other low tiers

also im not gonna be there tuesday after about 3 gunna go to mall and play ddr wif brandon gary and ashley so someone else bring a wiizorz

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Won't be me...can't play mine never again.

EDIT: I saw a Samus combo video today that shocked me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I'm in. Is anyone gonna be there on Tuesday, I wanna play some more Marf vs Fox with Adam. Also, I'm switchin to Mario for low tiers. As it turns out he is a good character.
Inoright?

Seriously though, I agree with Pierce. Mario could be up to C tier. His main problem is that most of his moves are situational.

Also, not going to Delta Epsilon.

Finally, Brandon, what combo video?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Why'd it shock you? It wasn't that good... It's mainly bad opponents walking into spikes, with the occasional cool spike XD

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
Meh, Viewtiful Joe's where it's at.
*sounds SUPER GIANT BUZZER*

lol thats funny you posted directly after i did para (and now ninjad me lol). yea im picking up melee FINALLY
i just got bored at work today and thought about it. I figured playing melee will make me better at brawl (it has before) so why not take it more seriously this time.
I plan on still playing over winter break. If sinclair is open, if not i'll find somewhere that we can play. Im prolly gonna see if m2k will give me melee tips too next time im there =p
also brandon you need to scrap the project 1 you have, my new alpha version is WAYYYY different. I learned how to script and i got some SWEET new ****.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
yea but will you do both? I wanna play them both about equally (leaning towards brawl) im mainly playing melee to get my tech-skill super good so i wont mees up my MK stuff EVER (like m2k[also because i like playing melee it is fun its just i dont know **** lol and that was my problem last time])
but trust and belive scribbz will **** because i **** in everything and in due time i will become the same in melee as i am in brawl,ddr,halo,kirby's avalanche/everything else i take seriously

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
Honestly I really struggle to do both. I get way to confused. I'm still trying to break Brawl habits while playing Melee, despite not having touched Brawl in some time. I still attack with my grapple on occasion, or try to use my shieldbreaker to help recovery with Marth, etc.

Still, if you guys really want we can do some Brawl if/when I show back up in town. Just expect me to get confused a bunches and pretend it's Melee deep in my psyche.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
hmm.. i have no problem switching between the two. mainly to me because they are the same but SO DIFFERENT. they only thing i try to do really is pivot grabs and i airdodge way too much and they dont work the same in melee lol. however my l-canceling and wavedash and other techy stuff is like 800% better then when i last played melee.

Paradigm

Smash Ace
I really feel my tech skill in Melee has gone down a LOT since last time I was in Columbus. Even things that aren't related to Brawl are just way worse. However, mind reading/mindgames aren't really all that terribly bad so I can keep up to some extent. Samus really isn't all that tech-heavy in Melee.

Glad to hear you're improving, though. Hmm with my worsening and your improvening we may be evenly matched. It'll be interesting next we play.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Hey, you want best in Dayton at Brawl you can have it. But when the summer rolls around and I'm officially Dayton again (if I ever lost it?) Best in Dayton at Melee is mine. Anyone who wants to challenge that is going to have a mouf full of missiles.

I'm Dayton's Champ at Silver Surfer. Now eat that Paradigm

Paradigm

Smash Ace
I was so pumped for TMNT smash until I realized that there would be no edge-guarding or the ability to live to 400% with crazy DI or any of the stuff that - for me - really makes smash, smash. Also no Samus. Also it looks kinda wonky. I haven't actually tried it but I have my doubts. I do love TMNT, though. Casey Jones is so badass. When do I get to break something?

Top Bottom