• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I MAD!

And ****, you're right... we didn't do a single friendly... (except spinny star of Dsmash friendly...)

EDIT:

I now kinda-somewhat like Libra:

Due to the moving platforms on Libra & Equity, PT can Zero Switch (Zero Lag Pokemon Change) there.

But on Libra instead of falling off the platform with 2 mid-air jumps (Squirtle and Ivysaur) or no mid-air jumps, (Charizard) they simply auto-grab the ledge; giving them invincibility frames out of Pokemon Change.

I guess it's called Ivysaur canceling because most PT mains like to skip Ivysaur completely. <___<

Though I could be wrong about all of that...

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
this is tru. Being sick sux. I will not be at sinclair today.

also ethan. you owe me some wifail time.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... Snake is good, but maybe not the best second you can have, since isn't the Pika MU an almost even one or slightly in Pika's favor?

I mean, keeping in mind what Pika does to your main, you may want to pick a character who counters him and the other Fox-rapers.

That being said, this is coming from a guy who dual mains Mario/Kirby despite the Marth MU, so yeah....

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
ics get ***** by snake
ddd gets ***** by pika
marth gets ***** by meta
a 50-50 matchup with pika is fine so i still say go snake (or diddy)
i had to work today so i didnt go to sinclair
be there thursday though

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hmmm... well, your main bad MUs seem to be Shiek, Pika and ICs, according to this:

According to this chart, ICs would work well. Marth would too, and you'd get an advantage with him in most problem MUs (Pika, G&W, Kirby, Shiek), and a slight disadvantage on ICs (45-55).

G&W has 60-40 or higher with all 3 of your big problem MUs, so he's a good choice as well.

D3 looks like a bad choice though since he suffers in the same MUs as Fox (Pika and ICs).

Of course, you have to keep in mind this comes from MU discussions, and aren't COMPLETELY accurate (for example, a 0-100 MU is strictly impossible, so Ganon's are a bit wrong.), and I don't know how often it's been updated. (Nevermind, it was last updated on the 2nd, so it's pretty up-to-date.)

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Play all three! I'll admit that playing a ridiculous number of characters has its drawbacks, but, for the most part, it works for me.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Do yourself a favor and don't secondary Ganon :p

However, Ethan, I disagree, Pika vs Snake is pretty close to even. In fact, I thought that was in Pika's favor.

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Well, I'm taking a break from competitive Brawl for about a month. I just don't get any enjoyment from it from playing it constantly, so hopefully I'll be doing better from it. Btw, that avatar is just awesome.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
sadface. What do yo umean by competitive? Like tournaments or playing with us at sinclair?

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i thought that too but last saturday completly changed my mind. i wanna practice more than ever.
it just sucks cuz i NEED ANOTHER TO HELP ME test VERY IMPORTANT mk stuffz

also im gonna be there early tomorrow hopefully

also brandon after you get off work tomorrow come with me and my work buds to wings for some chicken and drinks. it'll be awesomes and ill pick you up
we wanna get there about 9

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Can't make it to wings afterwards, gotta use remaining money for phone bill (disconnected) and yes, I do wanna do the RPG Maker

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
http://www.torrentz.com/e030e842026a05216404ec5af9c716cb66660e96
get it
we need to brain storm ideas
i have no clue what exactly i want it to be about yet but all of us will be characters or interact with the story somehow
i thought about redoing the game "darkness tears" i started on four different genres of rpg maker but never finished but idk.
I think something new might be the best bet considering i never ever finish them

brandon i'll have you play test and help me with ides and concepts, ill do the programming
anyone else can playtest or help with ideas to their hearts desire as well

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
i dont like that chart. I talk to top players about match-ups and they almost always disagree with **** on that chart
I agree, but it is the most effective way I can think of to get a very rough idea of a character's MUs.

Also... I feel kind of like you actually. While I didn't do quite as well, I felt improvement as the night went on, and realized I was actually making a transition in playstyle during the night (didn't transition much, but it was a start), and I feel with more practice, I can focus on/become able to stop playing so slowly, which will help me more than anything right now.

Also, I've finally gotten most of the basic stuff I had skipped before down.

TL:DR
I dunno... I was happy, especially with some matches, and need more practice.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
That being said, my kirby avatar > your kirby avarat
Haha no way! Snoopy Snoop Kirby > all.

Ethan, I want to be a Penguin who dresses like Bootsy Collins, breaths steam at his enemies, has a beak of molten lava, and a strong penchant for **** (This heals me.).

Also, my GF wants to be a Frank Zappa with boobs.

Does that sound good?

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
WTF, who comes up with that? The penguin is possible but Frank Zappa with boobs?

2-2

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VGMtheVagabond
Coming Soon: Dayton Monthly Tournaments!!! Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Dude, have you seen Zappa? That mustache is too manly for words. The only way to make it better is to add boobs.

Also, **** that ****, you guys should have a tournament.

Top Bottom