• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"IT'S UP TIEM!" The Dayton, OH social, strategical, and sometimes empty thread

Paradigm

Smash Ace
St. Brutus's Secure Center for Incurably Criminal
YAYYAYAYAYAYYAYAYAYAYAYY

Yoshio Sakamoto: "Actually, the Prime games are just one incident within the greater story that I've worked on personally. It's not as if I was really thinking about how the Prime games fit into the sequence because, they were just one incident. But Other M will be more part of the R&D1 produced games. Maybe in "grand scheme" it would be around...3.5. "

Scribble its okay that you're tired and it's okay that Springfield can enjoy Melee while I'm stuck with Brawl everything's okay now its all rainbows and ponies and cute cuddly squeezable huggable METROIDS

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
springfield has been playing melee allllll weeek
just throwing that out there lol
Fizzle challenges Springfield to all the melee MMs it can handle (which so far is $.50:ohwell:). I need someone to try out my G&W on anyway. On top of that I have to warm up for my MM with Digm at the next monthly. Hopefully I don't get too sidetracked to destroy everyone this year.

Summer begins now. It's time for some serious business (such as melee MMs with Spfld)!

edit: somebody^^ should feel bad for abandoning Samus a few weeks back
:p

Paradigm

Smash Ace
On top of that I have to warm up for my MM with Digm at the next monthly.
I already said, there will be no MM. Feel free to get your MM-needs from the 'field, though.

edit: somebody^^ should feel bad for abandoning Samus a few weeks back
:p
I'd rather say I abandoned the suckiest part of Brawl (overly defensive run away and spaminess), for which I feel no badness. I'm still buddy-buddy with Samus. Just not Brawl.

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Oh I thought it said "MMs not with Fizzle". The truth is a little more disappointing. I also agree that Samus isn't the most satisfying character to play in brawl. As for melee, I still need somebody.....anybody....to try out my G&W on (his Nair is incredamazing)

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Well im up for melee but not tomorow sadly. I has wrk. Typically i can on friday but i have wrk again

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Well Adamated... seems we won't be doing any more Wifi shennanigans... My Wii commited Sepuku, and no amount of lens cleaning seems to be able to revive it. *SIGH*

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I know, it sucks.

Also, Scrubz, been meaning to ask, but at WnB III I saw OS doing some cool DR tricks on JJ. Do you know any of them? If not, I'll message you and explain.

Paradigm

Smash Ace

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Haha, at WnB III, OS challenged Sfield to the Ivysaur challenge, saying he could beat it easily and would 3 stock them all. (Ivysaur challenge allows only Bullet seed and Usmash)

The result was funny. I think OS took two stocks in the entire set.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
YES!!!! Finally, a counter to MK!!!!

Dag david... now i just need scribz to get on wifi so we can learn to yes-chain

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
XD lol why is he edited in ways like that so much. lol i still say gates' "if my meta was mad thread" was the best m2k thingy.
and this isnt bowser.. ITS FALCON!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
also how do you feel adam now that falcon is 3rd worse? and sonic is MID tier?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Sonic as mid tier is honestly no surprise. What is a surprise is that Kirby went to high tier without moving a single spot.

Also, I have so much crap to test... stupid Wii...

****it Ethan, I need to find a way to hang out with you and spend literally an entire weekend Brawling. (And testing stuff, like a couple ****ing AWESOME tricks (such as inhale causing air trips on bomb jumping Snakes!), as well as perfecting the timing on the cape teleport, which is actually nowhere near as hard as I thought it was originally.)

EDIT:

Also, I challenge you guys to Inui MMs!

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Check around page 20-30 of the new tier list thread (after looking at the new tier list first). People got crazy with that ****, and it is hilarious.

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
IDK scribz. I dont agree that falcon is worse than ganon... Ganon might be one of his easier matchup but I still think ganon takes the cake overall.

SONIC MOVED UP 8 SPACES!!!! 8! All that tells me is that they don't really know where he belongs and that he'll keep moving up. I think Link is in a good spot and im glad to see fox go up a lil

Paradigm

Smash Ace
Marth's placement reminds me of Melee Samus'. Good enough to use but not enough to ***** about being broken. Perfect. Also I've decided this: I main Samus, I just play as Marth FAR more often. But if anyone asks I main Samus.

I'm actually disappointed to see Sonic go up so much 'cuz I'd rather see Adam play Fox. Sonic is annoying to play against 1v1 and I don't know what to do with him in teams without heavy, heavy teamwork coordination.

Also next week is the last week of the quarter we need to schedualize for the summer. I don't have classes in the summer but my brother does MWF from 1PM~4PM or so, so if I go with him I'll have rides set up. I can get burned out pretty easily smashing for too long straight... I think 3 hours is plenty for me a day, three times a week. Maybe we work smashings around that?

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
SONIC MOVED UP 8 SPACES!!!! 8! All that tells me is that they don't really know where he belongs and that he'll keep moving up. I think Link is in a good spot and im glad to see fox go up a lil
I disagree. I'm pretty sure he's finally gone where he belongs. The thing is, few people knew (or even know) what he can do, and thus many keep underestimating him, but yeah, he's definitely not high tier material, but too good for low tier.

Para, as for teaming with Sonic, well, Sonic essentially acts as a damage racker, and is good at creating 2v1 situations due to how fast he can get around as well as how his spindashes will allow him to pretty much go through an enemy to help combo another.
That being said, he probably would require a lot of team coordination.

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
i knew someone would sig that david

also....my inui has been an *** to my brother (tru factz) so THERE!
sonic is in a good spot,
ganon is worst easily. just look at allys falcon...allys falcon > what any ganon can do especially since it was almost ally's falcon > dojo's MK (great match)

id love to hang out for a weekend or such but how would that work? i could get a weekend off next month but where would we meet?
also i knew kirby was high tier its just funny that he didnt move.
Also i still think falco should be lower....maybe i just havent played a good one to understand why he is so high
see i told you wario would make 3rd *haha

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
I just had to, especially since I always lose to Sonic XD

Yeh, Ganon probably is the worst, but I dunno... I want to see a match between Ally's Falcon and Koskinator's Ganon!

I have no idea how it would work TBH.... One of us needs to get an apartment so the other can go there and chill a weekend.
Hopefully, I'll have one in the near future, but it requires having a second job and a lot more hours. Winning a tourny or two wouldn't hurt either.

Agreed. Kirby's so awesome he simply ate everyone above him and footstooled them so they would fall below him.

Ehhh... he is an awesome character. Champ's Falco has actually gotten really good, to the point where he 3 stocked me one match (granted, he'd gotten fired up from an hour or so of instense matches, while I had only been watching during that time, but still! Grrr at singles interrupting my MM again! I was winning until that happened...), abd he kind of shows why Falco is so high tier.
Granted, I still think he's too high, but his jab, Dthrow, Dair, Boost smash, and Fsmash are just too good. His jab is what hurts me the most though... or to be more precise, his jab cancels into the aforementioned techniques.

Yeah. Wario is amazing though. I expect him to either stay there, or drop 1 spot on the next tier list, maybe two.

Also... GRRRR! So much crap I have to test, and no Wii...

Adamated

Smash Apprentice
Lawls.... Fox for s-tier :]

But meh, I still think that sonic will go higher (as to how much idk).... thats just my opinion though. Kosk is a beast. I dont know... maybe i've just played him too much to know how good/bad he is. (didn't make sense in my head either) Oh well, I still say Falcon for bottom.... maybe even link for bottom idk....

Falco, marth, and MK are all homo's so they can get scratched off the disk for all i care.... and wario.....LOL......

clowsui

Smash Legend
I just had to, especially since I always lose to Sonic XD

Yeh, Ganon probably is the worst, but I dunno... I want to see a match between Ally's Falcon and Koskinator's Ganon!

I have no idea how it would work TBH.... One of us needs to get an apartment so the other can go there and chill a weekend.
Hopefully, I'll have one in the near future, but it requires having a second job and a lot more hours. Winning a tourny or two wouldn't hurt either.

Agreed. Kirby's so awesome he simply ate everyone above him and footstooled them so they would fall below him.

Ehhh... he is an awesome character. Champ's Falco has actually gotten really good, to the point where he 3 stocked me one match (granted, he'd gotten fired up from an hour or so of instense matches, while I had only been watching during that time, but still! Grrr at singles interrupting my MM again! I was winning until that happened...), abd he kind of shows why Falco is so high tier.
Granted, I still think he's too high, but his jab, Dthrow, Dair, Boost smash, and Fsmash are just too good. His jab is what hurts me the most though... or to be more precise, his jab cancels into the aforementioned techniques.

Yeah. Wario is amazing though. I expect him to either stay there, or drop 1 spot on the next tier list, maybe two.

Also... GRRRR! So much crap I have to test, and no Wii...
champ relies on a lot of jab tricks
he also rolls too much...he always tries to get an fsmash kill as well usually. he's like i am when it comes to falco, impatient for the kill
his style is very similar to mine except that his falco is better because he spaces and reacts much better and also relies on Falco's ground game more which is much better than what i'm doing, relying on falco's shoddy aerial game

Fizzle_Boy

Smash Ace
Whoa, I just realized that I don't know what time to come tomorrow. Since I've never actually been to the start of one of these I'm kinda clueless. If someone posts before Monday morning (10:00ish), I'll be able to check, if not I'll show up at noon.

fromundaman

Henshin a go-go Baby!
NNID
Fromundaman
3DS FC
2105-9186-1496
Hey Scrubz, I went team Ganondorf in a tourny yesterday. And we were CPing stages like RC and Japes (though to be fair, my partner switched to Link for RC... LOL).

Funniest part: We almost won a set. (We were playing to have fun, since we didn't really care all too much, and it was awesome.)

FB Dj_Iskascribble

Frostbitten
lol
ill be there about 10:15am
but my right hand is messed up pretty bad so i dont know if i can hold a controller without mucho pain so i may or may not play tomorrow

Top Bottom