• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

Danielman

Smash Apprentice
Ontopic: Ness may or may not be in.Up until now, means NOTHING, as it is an ambigous statement, meaning, '' He's in'' Or ''He's Not In''.

DEAL WITH IT!!!!!!!!!!

O and by the way,a guy did post a fake ''NESS IS CONFIRMED'' Update

On your marks, get set

FLAME!!!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Somebody made one a loooong time ago before Lucas was even announced.... lol.

How useful does that grapple recovery look? Pretty crappy to me... It's shorter than young Links.... <.>

I'm more worried about Lucas playing like a completely different character than Ness. His pk fire is different from Ness' already (I would've preferred if it was changed to go at a 20 degree angle and go farther to make it easier to hit with...). I hope he can DjC.

Am I the only one who misses Ness up-tilt? I loved that move. Ultimate priority and pretty good range... His bair was like his 2nd best areal move and they changed it... All he seems to have are the same specials, and we know how much Ness used them in Melee lol. And even at that the only one that looks similar is pk thunder.... It's like 1 move (pk thunder) is almost the same, 2 (pk fire and psi magnet) are similar, 3 (u-tilt, d-smash, and bair) are entirely different and 1 (pk freeze) is ???. If they took Ness out and put in a different character I'd be sad... It would be like not only did I lose my favorite character, but my main as well...

Pleaaaaaaaase stop saying Ness sucks. Has anybody played smash64? His yo-yos weren't so bad back then, if they weren't nerfed in melee they'd be really helpful for edgegaurding and intercepting arials... Do you know what a yyg or a DjC is? I play him in tourneys and I don't do THAT badly. I certainly wouldn't do any better with a higher tiered character (except Fox, Falco, and Sheik lol).

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
NESS SUCKS. GET OVER IT.
SHUT UP DAN. You know nothing about Ness, you've never played him competitively.

/sarcasm

Ness does suck (in melee), it's pretty obvious they can do nothing to buff his moves or make him good (like in 64).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Am I the only one who misses Ness up-tilt? I loved that move. Ultimate priority and pretty good range... His bair was like his 2nd best areal move and they changed it... All he seems to have are the same specials, and we know how much Ness used them in Melee lol. And even at that the only one that looks similar is pk thunder.... It's like 1 move (pk thunder) is almost the same, 2 (pk fire and psi magnet) are similar, 3 (u-tilt, d-smash, and bair) are entirely different and 1 (pk freeze) is ???.
The up-tilt seems to still have the same effect and just a different animation. It still has a disjointed hitbox, even more range, and apparently still sends the opponent up.
The back-air seems to be the same except he also swings his legs down after drop-kicking, making a meteor-smash. Notice how the update said that the "finish" of the attack is a meteor smash, and that Fox in the screenshot is sent sideways, not down. So it's just the old move except that the weak sourspot was replaced by a meteor. Doesn't seem like a bad trade-off.
And PK Freeze is probably the same as PK Flash with some adjustments.

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
1. Funny how his eyes turn into little dots when he's charging his up+b

2. Seems like several characters now have a tether grab/recovery option...even ivysaur o.O...which is pretty neat.

oxyborb

Smash Ace
NNID
oxyborb
3DS FC
4124-5009-7204
it's pretty obvious they can do nothing to buff his moves or make him good (like in 64).
Yeah, you're right, they can't add knockback or damage because Ness's code is obviously locked up so it's completely impossible to fix... completely.

riiiight

Ness is actually a really cool character. I'm really glad to see Lucas retaining his PK thunder. I just love that move, IMO the most fun move Ness had. I love me some cruel melee with Ness for that simple reason.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Yeah, you're right, they can't add knockback or damage because Ness's code is obviously locked up so it's completely impossible to fix... completely.

riiiight.
That was sarcasm. I main Ness in competitive play, lol.

@Fawriel: That's like saying if they gave Lucas Sheik's up-tilt then it'd be the same move. it's not. Besides, disjointed attacks usually don't have a lot of priority. Ness' u-tilt is one of the few with that exception (it outprioritizes Marth's f-smash lol).

And I think Lucas' bair ms is like after Lucas kicks he moves his foot back to his areal idle position and in that motion it ms's (not a good description, but I can't really do any better..).

Edit: I forgot to mention that we sorta already know Lucas' u-smash. Remember from that trailer it was shown for a little bit? It's either that or a taunt.

Fawriel

Smash Master
That was sarcasm. I main Ness in competitive play, lol.

@Fawriel: That's like saying if they gave Lucas Sheik's up-tilt then it'd be the same move. it's not. Besides, disjointed attacks usually don't have a lot of priority. Ness' u-tilt is one of the few with that exception (it outprioritizes Marth's f-smash lol).

And I think Lucas' bair ms is like after Lucas kicks he moves his foot back to his areal idle position and in that motion it ms's (not a good description, but I can't really do any better..).

Edit: I forgot to mention that we sorta already know Lucas' u-smash. Remember from that trailer it was shown for a little bit? It's either that or a taunt.
It will probably have the same effect, is what I'm saying.

Good point about the trailer... though, it was shown in a line of taunts. And it actually looks weaker than the up-tilt...

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Good point about the trailer... though, it was shown in a line of taunts. And it actually looks weaker than the up-tilt...
Mewtwo's u-smash looks stronger than Fox's/Pikachu's up-smash. We know how useful that logic is.

Fawriel

Smash Master
Technically it looks like he's creating some sort of purple espresso in his hand.

But I see what you mean. ;o

Kraid Guy

Smash Lord
I am a minion of Ridley and live on the Space Pira
If you mean Ness is a clone in Melee and 64, than no. But if you're saying Lucas is a clone, than yes, except for his new ice attack, which is quite pwnsome, I might add. They needed a new Earthbound character. But it just doesn't seem right. Will they replace Captain Falcon? IS THAT WHY HE HASN"T BEEN ANNOUNCED YET??!!?!

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
If you mean Ness is a clone in Melee and 64, than no. But if you're saying Lucas is a clone, than yes, except for his new ice attack, which is quite pwnsome, I might add.
Except for the u-smash/u-tilt/d-smash too lol.

And ninja thunder kick>>>>>>>>psi freeze.

Top Bottom