• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

aznhomieboi1689

Smash Cadet
If Ness isn't coming back, Sakurai wouldn't have mentioned him on the update.

You could say that Sakurai let the cat out of the bag when he said Ness.

Wow you guys need to take English class hehe.

Up until now implies that Ness was in previous games until now, meaning no more Ness. UNTIL NOW. It's like saying Ness is in Smash 64 and Melee except Brawl.

Gilgamesh

BRoomer
BRoomer
why dont we have a face palm smilie? it would be most helpful. the PK thunder is not controlled by the wiimote sensors. are you dumb in the head?
I think he meant that controlling it with the directional cross would be a pain.

gamingotaku

Smash Rookie
Wow you guys need to take English class hehe.

Up until now implies that Ness was in previous games until now, meaning no more Ness. UNTIL NOW. It's like saying Ness is in Smash 64 and Melee except Brawl.
"Up until now" can also express continuity, as in "he's been in Smash up until now (and will continue to be)." In the end, nothing can be concluded from the update...

Tonic_Sonic

Smash Apprentice
seriously. it says "he was in the SSB games up until now" or whatever, and this can mean that he just hasn't been announced, which he hasn't. it doesn't say "ness isn't in brawl"

Weed

Smash Lord
Up until now, is very different from until now which would mean that he was getting the cut, what Sakurai ****ing meant, as it seems to me, that he was referring to Ness' past appearances.

You'll see Ness, I guarantee it. And who knows? Maybe NESS will be the one with a completely new moveset. It's ****ing Sakurai people, cmon.

J89Marth

Smash Rookie
Ness plz

NO Ness can not be gone he was one of my favs in the original smash bros. hopefully sakurai is just toyin with us and ness come out, But in the other had looking at Lucas he look really good
but ness should be in brawl

Fawriel

Smash Master
Up until now, is very different from until now which would mean that he was getting the cut, what Sakurai ****ing meant, as it seems to me, that he was referring to Ness' past appearances.

You'll see Ness, I guarantee it. And who knows? Maybe NESS will be the one with a completely new moveset. It's ****ing Sakurai people, cmon.
That's nice that you made up your own English dialect to prove your point. I guess that's creative at least.

"It's ****ing Sakurai people".
That's starting to get on my nerves.
Masahiro Sakurai. Is a man who does his job. He's also like a small child playing in a sandbox and he does what he likes and he likes what he does.
But he's not some clown who throws candy around at your birthday party who was invited to entertain you and you alone, and he's not some kind of ******** businessman who advertises something about his game only to say "NOT" a few months later!

The man tries to keep some hype going, and yes, he likes to ask open questions because of this, but this message is just about as **** clear as it gets because you don't advertise a product by saying what it does not feature!

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
That's nice that you made up your own English dialect to prove your point. I guess that's creative at least.

"It's ****ing Sakurai people".
That's starting to get on my nerves.
Masahiro Sakurai. Is a man who does his job. He's also like a small child playing in a sandbox and he does what he likes and he likes what he does.
But he's not some clown who throws candy around at your birthday party who was invited to entertain you and you alone, and he's not some kind of ******** businessman who advertises something about his game only to say "NOT" a few months later!

The man tries to keep some hype going, and yes, he likes to ask open questions because of this, but this message is just about as **** clear as it gets because you don't advertise a product by saying what it does not feature!
Hear, hear! A brilliant argument from a brilliant young man. :bigthumbu

Little known fact: I was a Ness main back in the SSB64 days. Am I upset to see him go? Sure! But I'm even more excited about Lucas. Glance fondly back to the past, then retrain your eyes on the golden horizon.

gamer8

Smash Lord
NO Ness can not be gone he was one of my favs in the original smash bros. hopefully sakurai is just toyin with us and ness come out, But in the other had looking at Lucas he look really good
but ness should be in brawl
He would come back if you didn't say "Plz"

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
Ok, let's try to evaluate this phrase everyone is tossing about. You don't even need to work with anything more than one word. It's a simple interpretation:
"There’s a character named Ness who has appeared in the Smash Bros. series up until now, and Lucas is very similar."

The character Ness has appeared in the Smash Bros series up until now. What is now? Now is Brawl.
You wouldn't say "I have been alive all my life up until now." because that doesn't make sense! You'd have to be dead to say that!

I love Ness to death, but I've come to accept the fact that Ness is gone, and you all should, too.
GTF over it, put all your Ness pictures in a box, remove Ness from your top friends, and just let it go.
It's not healthy to linger like this.

Lucas plays just close enough to Ness (special moves-wise) that you can still get mostly the same fix vicariously. So do us all a favor and quit holding onto a dead dream..

Masque

Keeper of the Keys
I'll take Ness off of my Top Friends...but I'll change my name to "TRIBUTE: NESS R.I.P." :laugh:

lucario_user

Smash Ace
they were going to be cut for american release. you do know that, right? thats why they speak japenese still. and roy was a clone. so one japanese only character that could change his aperance and weight and hieght.

kikimenor

Smash Rookie
Yeah being put as an AT is VERYVERY downgrading like people said. I'd rather him make a cameo appereance as being a computer that helps lucas on story mode, or helps any character in story mode. BUT i would rather see him as a character cuz, hey he still is different even if it isnt that different. In the end Ness will probably be gone......gone........gone........

Fawriel

Smash Master
Being an AT would be awesome as long as the characters are treated special.
I mean, think about it. Wouldn't it be rather okay for Ness to be a rare Assist Trophy of Lugia-like destructive power?
Imagine him arriving in a flurry of sparkles, looking around, smiling and saying "okay!", then using a PK Rockin' that puts any playable character's final smash to shame...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
they were going to be cut for american release. you do know that, right? thats why they speak japenese still. and roy was a clone. so one japanese only character that could change his aperance and weight and hieght.
But they didn't, and that's what makes all the difference.

2 Japan only characters in a roster that approximates 40 is great, IMO, though I'd rather have more.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
yes but most people never heard of cluas intil they came here. marth is at least the main character. and roy is the main of his.
Claus IS a main character, just not a playable one. (While Lucas is THE main character) And who knows, Sakurai may not care if almost the entire Americas will not recognize Claus... the japanese are really heavy on him.

Besides, he's AWESOME.

skullkidd

Smash Ace
I wish he had PK Ground for Bv
And PK Love better be his FS.
Oh, right, and Ness is gone, whoop de doo.

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
I've been wondering this for awhile, and now this just had me thinking again

If Ness truelly IS out... why is APE credited. Yes Mr Saturn and the "Mother" series is theirs, but Mother 3 and Lucas are not. Now, Mr Saturn is an item, and, considering that AT's 2nd party companies are not credited (Maxis for Sim City is the easiest to note) I doubt Mr Saturn as an item deserves a full credit.

Just something to think about...

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
I've been wondering this for awhile, and now this just had me thinking again

If Ness truelly IS out... why is APE credited. Yes Mr Saturn and the "Mother" series is theirs, but Mother 3 and Lucas are not. Now, Mr Saturn is an item, and, considering that AT's 2nd party companies are not credited (Maxis for Sim City is the easiest to note) I doubt Mr Saturn as an item deserves a full credit.

Just something to think about...
Mother 1 and 2 music.

(And the Mr. Saturn SHOULD be fully credited, and Mr. Wright IS a first party character. He is OWNED by Nintendo... odd, huh? :p )

Top Bottom