• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
Mother 1 and 2 music.

(And the Mr. Saturn SHOULD be fully credited, and Mr. Wright IS a first party character. He is OWNED by Nintendo... odd, huh? :p )
Exactly, if Mr. Wright is owned by Nintendo (which he is) it's in the same vein that Mr. Saturn would be.

If Nintendo credited every 2nd party like they do with playable characters and levels, they would have to name every 2nd party that made every AT and item. It would be ridiculous.

PrettyGoodYear

Smash Lord
Exactly, if Mr. Wright is owned by Nintendo (which he is) it's in the same vein that Mr. Saturn would be.

If Nintendo credited every 2nd party like they do with playable characters and levels, they would have to name every 2nd party that made every AT and item. It would be ridiculous.
But we haven't seen that many 2nd party items... have we?

balladofwindfishes

Smash Journeyman
But we haven't seen that many 2nd party items... have we?
Mr Wright is the only current one, and Samurai Goroh's design was based on Sega's concept, before they were credited.

If Nintendo was picky enough to credit APE for Mr Saturn and the concept of the Frankil Badge, they would have had to credit Maxis and Sega (before Sonic) for their concepts of Wright and Goroh.

pulse111

Smash Rookie
i agree with genosall. Ness as a costume of Lucas' is just like Star Wolf as a costume for Star Fox or Dixie as a costume for Diddy Kong. But the true question is what will happen to the Onette and, my personal favorite, Fourside stages included in the previous installment of Super Smash Bros?

pulse111

Smash Rookie
Well, my main question I guess you could say is, will they be replaced by Mother 3 stages? For example, would New Pork City replace Fourside?

pulse111

Smash Rookie
I will have to honestly say that that's unfortunate for Earthbound. New Pork City had better be wrth it then if that's the case.

~*Ice Climbers*~

Smash Cadet
I'd say Lucas is better off in Brawl than Ness. Ness was in the original Smash to represent MOTHER, but he was to be replaced in Melee by Lucas. So Ness wasn't really in both games if you know what I mean. He wasn't intended to be in the second, so it doesn't make him really 'original'. Face it, Lucas pwns Ness

overthere

Smash Cadet
Chill Out

Initially I was upset at the idea of Ness being out of the game. Until I realized:

Ness IS in Brawl.

He just grew a couple years, bleached his hair and got a new haircut, lost his backpack and cap, stopped playing with toys, learned a couple new tricks, and changed his name. Essentially, Lucas = Ness 2.0.

I cope.

But it'd still be neat to have Ness still in, give him an entirely different moveset and everything. Involve Jeff, Paula and Poo a little more.

TheWildcard

Smash Champion
all im gonna say about ness is until sakuri says "ness is not in" ness has a chance i mean hes an orginal id be kinda depressed if he wasent in but w/e on a diff note id cry if cap falcon wasent in it.

D

Deleted member

I know my opinion doesn't mean jack, but I get a nagging feeling Ness is here to stay. Why the heck would Sakurai remove a fan favourite, who's been with us for two whole games? Its stupid.

If anything, Dr.Mario and Pichu should go first.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Up until now? What was now on the day of that announcement (Nov. 8th)=??? Brawl wasn't out yet anywhere, and still isn't, so nothing is "now", in subjective terms, just the Dojo site updates. So nothing is now, nothing at all.

However, Ness is pretty much guarenteed to be out, but it's not over til' it's over. Remember you people flamming people who said there is a chance Brawl wouldn't come out in 2007? You can only use one smash ball a game, and they're rare to find? (both lies) Anyone can change their mind in a couple of months, and Sakurai has 2 1/2. I'm almost willing to bet Ness WON'T BE IN BRAWL, but until we see some formal deconfirmation, Ness has still got a very, very, very little chance of returning.

Sakurai needs to just flat out say each character who is cut in a notice or something, for reals. And all cut characters should be alternate outfits, since ATs would be dumb (since they are like Pokéballs=the root of all evil). Give me a altnerate Lucas outfit of Ness, and there is a slimmer of hope I might once play Ness! :laugh:

F*** ATing characters-make them alternate outfits, like what was done with Sigurd, Blood Falcon (in SSB64 and SSBM), and Daisy (SSBM and SSBB), or at least color swaps like Wolf and Dixie Kong have had done to them. For realz=no excuses for Sakurai NOT TO DO AT LEAST THAT!

@ pulse111
Young Link isn't too bad-and have you met Mewtwo, Mr. Game and Watch, Zelda, or Bowser=??? Ya, they all are pretty bad! XD

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
Okay, look at this:

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/technique/technique02.html

Up until now, standard combos, or button-press combos, were done primarily by tapping the attack button repeatedly.

That won’t change in Brawl, but now you can also just hold down the attack button to automatically do consecutive standard attacks.
I think this could also refer to Lucas's update as well, for those who are bent on thinking that the update saying "up until now" automatically proves this.

Sorry if someone already bought this up.

Top Bottom