• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

It's the "So Long Ness" Monster of an update

Drake3

Smash Ace
English language states he was not going to be present in the game. But everyone makes mistakes.

Drake3

Smash Ace
That's debatable:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/until

Mention of Ness's past appearances is not the same thing as dropping him from the present.
I'm not going to take this as a personal vendetta because I really didn't care if Ness made it or not, but "up until now" means "before this point". As in, this "point" is not inclusive in the data. In my mind, it's like that open circle thing you see on graphs which denotes the end of a line, but doesn't actually include that point.

And I just realised how it is actually debatable, but, honestly, I think the ones who disagree are splitting hairs
Up-at an end
Until- used as a function word to indicate continuance (as of an action or condition) to a specified time
Now-at the present time or moment b: in the time immediately before the present

Yukichu

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think Ness was added quickly after the ****storm that was caused by the "until now" part of Lucas' page on the Dojo.

Zenigame

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think Ness was added quickly after the ****storm that was caused by the "until now" part of Lucas' page on the Dojo.
That's logical, seeing as how he is featured in a lot of the cinematics, including the opening, and the "Up Until Now" update was in November :psycho:

MetaKnight'sSword

Smash Lord
ok...im sorry for going off topic....but please....let me just get this out........WHERE THE F**K ARE THE THREADS FOR NEW UPDATES ON DOJO!?!?!?!? D=< ....thank u (^^)v

KaptKRool

Smash Apprentice
Where the St Lawrence meets Lake Ontario (Tibbets
That's debatable:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/until

Mention of Ness's past appearances is not the same thing as dropping him from the present.
I don't think the translater went through all the work of looking up multiple words in the dictionary so they could post a phrase that doesn't disconfirm Ness.

But more importantly, why is the title of this thread still not changed (along with all the other completely stupid thread titles Mic 128 has thought up)?

Top Bottom